Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Titanium rings?
  • nicko74

I’m looking for a titanium ring (for wearing, not a bike part). The jewellers round me tend mainly to have precious metals, though.
    So for the Ti ring wearers – anywhere you can recommend for finding one?

Cheers

daftvader
    Free Member

I got mine from ernest jones jeweler. They had loads a few years ago, can’t see them having got rid of the range

monkeyboyjc

Got mine from a local jeweler in exeter – but you can buy them easily online though. Mines a Boccia (they also make ti watches).

CountZero

I’ve got one I bought years ago from John’s Bikes in Bath, it came from someone in the States, as I recall, who made bike stuff.
    I think I’ve still got a card with their details on, I’ll look it out in a bit.

paladin

Gold would be easier to cut off if you broke your hand or similar.

fivespot
    Free Member

ebay 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got one I have managed to outgrow somehow, I have put a lot of effort into eating to put weight on my fingers!

Just got it from a high Street jewelers

GrahamS

Think mine was from Ernest Jones too.

Good points: doesn’t tarnish and looks good when it gets a bit roughed up. Cheap! (Think mine was ~£70)

Bad points: harder to resize if you lose/gain weight.

gears_suck
    Free Member

And very hard to get off if you injure your finger.

crankboy
    Free Member

Azendi had it on for 4 years. Looks ace. 70 quid. Never broken a finger though.

matt22
    Free Member

http://wedgewoodrings.wordpress.com

They had a Jack D whiskey barrel and Titanium ring on there site before, sounds a bit cheesy but it look really good

matt22
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Used GH Moore to mail order our wedding rings and the wife’s engagement ring in 6/4 ti.

Very helpful and very happy with the rings.

Asked a mate who works in a&e about removal. He said that if it needs to come off, they’ll get it off.

bikerdan
    Free Member

Got my titanium wedding ring from amazon. Think I paid about £15. In 2 years it has nicely worn in colourwise.

bigblackshed

Try here:

LINKY

My Wife bought me one of their stainless steel rings about 6 years ago. Not available now. Still looks new.

Rich_s

Tenuous MTB connection
    boone rings

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We had titanium rings and they were ~£20 each and have been great.
    No problems at all.

Can’t remember where we got them from. Might have been ebay.

1-shed
    Free Member

Got mine from the jewellers in Hebden Bridge.

nicko74

Thanks all, appreciate it! 🙂

And for those who didn’t see them in the flesh before buying, what style worked for you? Plain polished? Brushed? Black?

kimbers

got my wedding ring from these guys, they do all kinds of fancy stuff but just got a plain Ti one

http://www.nudejewellery.co.uk/

paladin

Asked a mate who works in a&e about removal. He said that if it needs to come off, they’ll get it off

..during the amputation

wiggles
    Free Member

Mine is brushed Ti, looks nice and understated as I’m generally not one for bling…

CountZero

Just had a look at the card I got at the time, and it’s made by MTW, but all I have are phone numbers for Canada and the US, and the UK distributors, who were Town & Country Cycles, but there’s no hits on Google, so I think they’re defunct.

lawbs
    Free Member

Try prism design( google ti2 )nice stuff from good company

breadcrumb

I got my Ti wedding ring from Ernest Jones. I’m not really into bling and it was considerably cheaper than any precious metals.

I rarely wear it anyhoo, don’t wear it to work (fabricator) or when cycling. Mrs BC said I didn’t have to get one before we got married, kinda wish I hadn’t bothered!

Cougar

Where’s “here”?

Mine will almost certainly be coming from here. Friendly shop with a really nice selection.

matther01
    Free Member

Got my ti wedding ring from the jewellery 1/4 in Brum…£60. Just remember its easier to cut off your finger than a ti ring in an accident!

takisawa2

Mine came from place called Element, in the Jewellery Qtr, in Brum.
    Looking a bit battered now, after 10yrs.

It’s even doubled as en emergency woggle for Scouts…

rob2
    Free Member

Although they look good I’d echo the point about resizing and injury. My friend got his caught on a land rover roof rack and the ambulance had to cut his finger off as they couldn’t cut through it safely. I know the risk of injury is low but I’d go for a gold or platinum one myself.

simon_g

Both of mine were from http://www.uktitaniumjewellery.co.uk/ – basic 5mm court band that cost about £30. I lost the first one on honeymoon in the sea, reordered the same but went down a size so it’s comfortable but snug and won’t come off by itself. I’ve got used to wearing it but have no desire to have something more expensive. It’s got a nice patina of scratches now.

Titanium isn’t that hard to cut, especially in the lower grades that they use for jewellery (and there’s no reason to have aerospace type hardened stuff on your finger). Harder than gold and silver and similar to most steels, and softer than most stainless steels. Tungsten carbide rings are too hard to cut, but any good EMT knows the technique of cracking them with some molgrips (it’s a very brittle material). Resizing can be an issue, but I think just because of the higher melting point. Not really a problem when they’re so cheap to start with.

I take mine off when I’m doing sports or anything possibly dangerous with my hands – just have a little carabiner on my keyring for it.

hora
    Free Member

How about a tungsten carbide ring?

njee20
    Free Member

Was there a spam post or sommat?

hora
    Free Member

No – was looking through stw archives for ti rings. I’ve also seen tungsten carbide which looks stunning

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ve a Ti one with platinum inlay – or rather I will in 29 days. EEp.

Tom83

My ti ring is from Amazon, cost about 15 squid. Scratched to buggery in the two months I’ve been wearing it, although my job does involve a lot of lifting.

yunki
    Free Member

My brother milled his ti ring out of a piece of billet he bought from ebay

turboferret

I bought engagement and wedding rings from Titanium Era. Hers were ti, mine was platinum inlaid tungsten carbide. I managed to shatter my carbide ring accidentally knocking it against a tiled wall, so had a new one made in ti re-using the same platinum inlay.

While carbide stays super-shiny, I wouldn’t have another given the brittle nature and how easily it broke.

Cheers, Rich

nemesis
    Free Member

I have one of these – a fairly standard flat one, not some of the hideous designs in there 🙂

http://www.ti2titanium.com/browse.php?s1=1&s2=1&s3=0&s4=0&mm=mens&search=&sort=IA&itemsperpage=0

Just got it from a local jeweller who had several to choose from. I was sized up(!) and then ordered the one I liked.

It’s great though – it gets some very slight marks on it over time but a couple of mins with some metal polish and it looks like new again.

CountZero

These are the four I wear all the time:

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

It’s fairly obvious which one’s the Ti one, but they’re all pretty scuffed, which is to be expected. The gold one in particular, it’s dated inside 1916, so ninety-eight years old. The big silver one has some serious dings in it but it’s nearly 3mm thick, so not too much of an issue. My goldsmith mate had to resize it by cutting a chunk out and bashing it into shape before soldering it back together, his whizzy machine couldn’t cope. 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I got my wedding band made up at Elemental in Brum’s jewelry qtr. Main band is Ti with a rose gold band inlayed. IIRC it was about 150 quid and they were fantastic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Titanium rings?’ is closed to new replies.