Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Ti Dave
  • mrchrispy

Is that the same frame as the Ribble HT-Ti?

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-ht-ti/

stevie750

Wish they’d just update the Fireline instead. That thing looks odd, long yet squashed and sort of too thin. I dunno, just can’t put my finger on what makes it look strange.

Update the Fireline Planet X!

is this not an updated fireline?
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBTIFLGX/titus-fireline-sram-gx-titanium-mountain-bike

guandax
    Free Member

You really notice how the XL Dave is when you push it through the house on its back wheel. It’s too long to fit through the doorways without the front wheel at 45 degrees 😂

guandax
    Free Member

Is that the same frame as the Ribble HT-Ti?

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-ht-ti/

Very different beast: DaveVRibble

funkmasterp

Thanks @stevie750. That’s more like it and I’d be very tempted if I had the cash. Guess I should’ve looked at the wider site when opening the other link!

tomaso
    Free Member

For such an aggro frame made of titanium the head tube junction looks like it has a lot of work to do with an absence of any gussets or bracing.

There is a lot to be said about putting out Marmite products. It is a good contrast to the vanilla middle of the road bikes.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Guy Kesteven has videos up on You-Tube.  I wonder whether he likes it 🤣

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Fireline is a good frame. Really light, nicely made/finished and cheap. £600 new? I paid £275 used. Works great as trail hard tail with a 140mm fork or for XC/bike packing with a rigid carbon fork. Size up and use a shorter stem.
    If they made the rear wider than 135qr and steepened the seat tube a degree or two it would be the right bike for folk, though maybe not the one they want..

hardtailonly

Guy Kesteven has videos up on You-Tube. I wonder whether he likes it 🤣

Yep. He does!

jastheblade

I am running the Tiktik with a 29er wheelset and 2.4 tyres and a 140mm fork.

Loads of clearance and its really well balanced, much better as a 29er than 650b.

The Dave or LOCO seem just that little bit too niche for day to day UK riding.

The chainstays are longer than my G1!

guandax
    Free Member

I ride my Dave 4 times a week, it’s great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The Dave or LOCO seem just that little bit too niche for day to day UK riding.

Depends what your niche is surely?

A gravel bike isn’t too niche for the Chilterns. Which is why I ended up with two (summer and singlespeed).

Similarly if I lived in Peebles/Inerleithen or anywhere else within a stones throw of a network ofnproppper DH/Enduro trails I’d probably want a Dave as as a low maintenance alternative to a DH bike.

guandax
    Free Member

So, three rides in. It’s a Dave, but not. Feels identical except lighter, so jumps better and is gentler on drops. Loving it so far.

tall_martin

@gundax

Any pictures?

guandax
    Free Member

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Any more updates or views. Too extreme for float trails or just very modern? Just been let down on something else and these might be in the picture so any views gladly received.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Trying again for the daytime crowd. Anyone?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Ti Dave’ is closed to new replies.