Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thule roof bars and mounts help!!!!! Fitting issue
  • downs523
    Free Member

Hi I bought some Thule roof bars and the mounts second hand, they are the rapid fit system ones square bars to fit my 2006 vw golf. Had a go fitting them today (no instructions) and I can’t seem to get them fitted securely they just wobble around and are loose. I fit one side then that seems ok then I go to the other side to fit that and the whole bar is just loose and I can pull it off??

What am I doing wrong here ppl

Drac

They also need to in the right position on the bars, I’m not sure where the setting is off the top of my head on the Golf. If the feet are to wide part then they won’t tighten up.

strike
    Free Member

Are you positioning the feet in the right area? On the Golf Mk5 (5door), open the doors, and run your finger along the underside of the roof section (here the tops of the doors rubbers close against) – at the front doors there is small plastic bolt which you remove – this is where the front feet should be centred around. On the rears, there’s a small dimple pressed in to the metal – the rear feet centre around this.

downs523
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, managed to get them on!! Eventually!! No way I’m taking here on and off each time I got for a ride, there staying on!lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thule roof bars and mounts help!!!!! Fitting issue’ is closed to new replies.