Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Those black mechanic gloves recommended for riding?
  • hora
    Free Member

Noticed a while ago (£20?) some car mechanic gloves reccommended for riding?

Onzadog
    Free Member

you mean these

I think they do one with an led light. Might be good for night riding!

neilb67
    Free Member

We were sponsored by Demon Tweeks when we raced in the FIA GT championship and they supplied us with Mechanix gloves. They werent that good. We found that the material was too stiff and you couldnt pick any tools up with them. The tips of the fingers wore out too easily and held water too much when it rained. We found Ringers gloves better….

Amos
    Free Member

Still got a scar on my hand where they tore straight through after a minor off so I wouldn't recommend them!

JoB
    Free Member

i've been riding with them on and off for over 15 years with no problems, if you like thin gloves with no padding and want to look like you were in MBA magazine some time last century then they're fine, because after all they're just gloves

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you want something of that ilk, I'm rather fond of my Fox digit gloves.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Not sure Mechanix gloves would be much good for riding, but they are great for working on bikes etc. I find the dexterity pretty good. They keep hands clean and have saved me many skinned knuckles.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mid skool bmx style. 😀 i have some but don't like riding in them – bunch up a bit too much. are ace for working on bikes though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Those black mechanic gloves recommended for riding?’ is closed to new replies.