Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • This MTB and beer thing..
  • Pierre

I am drinking beer and building a bike.

It is nice.

: P

user-removed
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member
    Beer is so last year. Few lines of coke pre-ride. Speedballs to keep going. Bit of ketamine post-ride…

Many, many years ago, in Aberdeen, my regular bunch of riding mates invited my pisshead mate out on the next ride, and to my surprise, he was very enthusiastic about it. I'd tried to get him out on his bike several times with no joy; "I'll hold you all up, I'm totally unfit, I'll be embarassed", etc., etc…

Even more surprising – on the day he kept up amazingly well all day long. He was up front most of the time, pedalling with furious and wanton abandon. We smoked a bit of weed and drank a few tinnies – all in all, a glorious day out.

On the way back though he started flagging and eventually just stopped dead. We went back to find him and he was lying in the heather hyper-ventilating – turned out he'd been necking speed all day and had run out, poor b@st@rd. Taxi for Boozy Pete.

juan
    Free Member

Yeah well you're **** weird. And a Git.

A git??? Don't you mean a gate by anychances 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best hope the op doesn't end up going to an event like the real ale wobble !

Or the BigBikeBash!

Mmm….beeeer……………

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh and a bmx is … not a singlespeed

Its geared then is it? 😀

Realman, I like yer style … Mines a strongbow.

Cheers, and good stuff isn't it?

Mmm….beeeer……………

Sorry but whenever you say anything I can't stop thinking of

lol 😉

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I don't mind a brew after a ride, and apparently I'm not alone. I live in a place where mountain bikers come from all over to ride, and on a Sunday afternoon the Iron Springs Brewery has so many bikes parked in front that it looks like a Tokyo train station.

Another local watering hole that caters to the MTB crowd is Gestalt House, where they have indoor bike parking.

American beer used to be controlled by three giant firms that made terrible beer. Now there are a half dozen excellent microbreweries in Marin County alone, and they cater heavily to the MTB crowd. One called the Broken Drum Brewery sponsors a MTB team with the motto, "You can't beat a broken drum."

backhander
    Free Member

Why why let ourselves get trolled by a 17 year old? The bloke knows eff all about aff all.
    Good night realman, hope mummy tucks you in nice.

Divagirl
    Free Member

Fraser Hughes
    If you weren't meant to drink and ride why can you open beer wih SPDs?!

😆

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It's got to be safer having five beers and riding home along the cycletrack than having ten and walking…

clareymorris

I think once "Realman" (really, whats with the name?!) is old enough to get served in a pub, and actually enjoy beer with his mates rather than getting P*****D on cheap cider, he may have a different opinion. Or maybe not……. it doesn't really matter 😀

He has all the makings of a future great STWer though ;-D

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘This MTB and beer thing..’ is closed to new replies.