• This topic has 48 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • This kind if sh*t makes me mad!!!
  • woody74

Some kids just need a beating. Just why would you ever bully a blind person!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-27323114

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah physical abuse is the answer.

legend
    Free Member

true, not physical abuse, just castration so they can’t breed more little pricks ‘ll do.

scaredypants

agreed al – should make them spend a few days cleaning up dogshit at a guide dog centre, though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so it’s genetic?

hatter

That is pretty damn low

Stevenage… just say no.

derekfish
    Free Member

Honestly how depraved has bloody society become, even in my darkest times, hanging out with the very worse kids in the neighbourhood getting up to all the sorts of things scallies got up to back then, mugging a blind person and a woman at that?

They’d have had their balls cut off..

legend
    Free Member

Probably as genetic as the terminal offended-ness of some on this forum

DezB
    Free Member

physical abuse is the answer.

I agree with Al on this one.

Cougar

mugging a blind person and a woman at that?

… which didn’t happen here, of course.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I agree with Al’s sarcasm in that one.

Derekfish, what rose tinted decade are we talking about?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I agree with Al on this one.

birching in public…

sandwicheater

OP, felt just the same way when I read the article earlier. I was really angry for a good few minutes. WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!

piemonster

Honestly how depraved has bloody society become, even in my darkest times, hanging out with the very worse kids in the neighbourhood getting up to all the sorts of things scallies got up to back then, mugging a blind person and a woman at that?

They’d have had their balls cut off..

This world you describe never existed.

derekfish
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Yep I agree with Al’s sarcasm in that one.

Derekfish, what rose tinted decade are we talking about?

The fifties and sixties were my teen years, which included Teds and Razors and my mates girl getting her face slashed with one, knife fights galore in the Mods & Rockers period, plus the usual drugs of the era, bikes, blagging and general stupidity of feral youth, but no, no-one would attack a blind person, not then, everyone would turn on them and they’d have had the living shit kicked out of them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nope derek they just had priests raping children and all that. Racism everywhere and sexism to add to it. Glorious times.

Drac

The 60s ay where you could slash a girls face with a razor or murder kids then leave their corpses on Saddleworth Moor never revealing to their families the location. Happy times.

Cougar

I think on reflection, given the choice of the two I’d take the occasional mugging of a blind person(*) rather than the blissful idyll that DF describes.

(* – which, at the risk of repeating myself, didn’t actually happen in the linked story, outside of someone on the Internet’s imagination.)

TheFlyingOx

Yeah physical abuse is the answer.

Physical abuse isn’t the answer. It’s the question.

The answer is “Yes!”

thegreatape
    Free Member

No blind person was the victim of a crime between 1950 and 1970? I’m doubtful.

derekfish
    Free Member

Well given the fact none of you lived through the period and I did and this is the first I’ve heard of intimidation of a blind woman, I’m afraid as usual your perceptions are as warped as normal.

Better go google assault on blind women in the fifties, see what you come up with, we didn’t have rolling 24/7 news media back then, so life did seem less threatening and having recently survived extinction at the hands of a genuine oppressor there was no need for the media to be manipulated by a lame left wing Government (Blair)to create a climate of fear.

Racism? I don’t think I even came across the word til much later in life, but then large tracts of the country had nobody other than caucasians living together, the whipping boys back then as I recall were probably the Irish, not that we had any of them round us.

On the buses, men got up for women, even us kids used to have to mind our p’s and q’s, open doors for ladies get up when a grown up entered the room, low level politeness and good manners which as we all knew, cost nothing.

You wouldn’t know unless you experienced it, but trust me it was generally better then than now and I wouldn’t swap having lived my life through that period to be young today and put up with this crap. (Including listening to half the bollox some of you lot spout from time to time).. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Undoubtedly many things were better – the general manners and so on which you mention. But as alluded to with the extreme examples above, other things were worse, or at least are less ignored and dealt with better these days – domestic violence, child abuse, racially aggravated crime just to pick a few. Is it better now or was it better then – who can say, it’s entirely subjective depending on your circumstances then and circumstances now.

derekfish
    Free Member

Expectations were different back then, and I hate to say it folk were happier ‘in their place’ to use a bad expression. There was no TV, mobile phones, mass communication and the news media was more rigorously controlled. I recall as a cub journo, not even being allowed a camera near the court steps and being hauled over the coals for even the most basic presumption if not backed by facts and a notebook.

There was a lot wrong in the world also, can’t deny that, but a lot of the time out of sight out of mind lead to a more contented populace. I recall trying to uncover a wages scandal in which our town council were colluding with big London Insurance companies to fix the wages low, thus saving their own wage bill, the story never saw the light of day, our own newspaper owner also saw the benefit of a lower local wage structure and we had to eat it or lose our jobs even though we ran quite a tight closed shop union member only office, but it was a battle even the Union didn’t want to fight.

Quite what that’s got to do with blind people I don’t know, sorry, I’ve wandered off on one again..

Ha, just had a thought, had the blind woman been assault by the newspaper owners son, would that have even made the news? Probably not, not that I think it would have happened, there was just a different code of acceptable behaviour at every level..

Drac

Ah so as it wasn’t reported it never happened.

derekfish
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Ah so as it wasn’t reported it never happened.

Exactly. I expect that was a contributory factor more often than not..

Priests could never be accused of sexual molestation of small boys, nobody would want to read that in the paper now would they?

thejesmonddingo

Derek,I’m 60 this year,and I’m not sure I recognise the world you describe,which century was it exactly?

muggomagic

I’m sure a few former TV personalities and DJs would also agree that the 60s and 70s were a far happier time.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If they can train the dog to help the blind person, why does it not include physical protection, i’d love to see a pooch go ape on a scrotes nuts!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Got to admit that I also lived in Derek’s world of 60s.

piemonster

Better go google assault on blind women in the fifties

Googling racism and LGBT assaults brings up a lot of results, do they count?

But yes, it seems a lovely place to live. So long as you know your place, and are white, straight, and ideally male.

boxelder

It’s an exceptional case, chosen to highlight the use of cameras.
    Doesn’t happen here, or Norfolk where she’d moved from. I could show you 20 thoroughly decent teenagers I teach for every one of the crims in that example. Kids I teach volunteer as carers for a terminally ill old lady. Bullies by definition pick on weakness – all verbal by the sound of it. How do we know what shite they themselves have to endure – perhaps from relatives brought up in the 60’s…….
    Jimmy….cough…….Saville

Daffy

I’d force them to live in a totally blacked out house for a week and see how they feel about their antics after that. Having once been temporarily blinded, it gave me a whole new perspective on just how strange the world is without sight.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

awful.

derekfish
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    Better go google assault on blind women in the fifties
    Googling racism and LGBT assaults brings up a lot of results, do they count?

But yes, it seems a lovely place to live. So long as you know your place, and are white, straight, and ideally male.

And middle to upper class, you forget, the class system was still very prevalent back then.

As to straight v not, it just wasn’t on the Agenda, sexuality never really got discussed folk kept it to themselves in my part of the world, hence why there was such a liberalisation in the late sixties and early seventies when it was pretty much anything goes.

You couldn’t stay in a B&B unless you were married, two gay guys back then would have more chance (except they wouldn’t be advertising the fact). It quite literally all changed in 1967-8 as the birth pill came on the scene there was then unbridled activity until around ’83 I guess it was when AIDS first appeared over here.

Sexual attitudes were very very different to the way they are now, particularly with the young, hence all these poor old sods getting pulled for it now. Well that and a lack of com-pen-say-shun and ambulance chasing lawyers getting rich from persuading old women that they were victims instead of the groupies some of them were.

muggomagic

Sexual attitudes were very very different to the way they are now, particularly with the young, hence all these poor old sods getting pulled for it now.

Wow

derekfish
    Free Member

muggomagic – Member
    Sexual attitudes were very very different to the way they are now, particularly with the young, hence all these poor old sods getting pulled for it now.
    Wow

Don’t go jumping to conclusions and go getting me wrong, I have four daughters myself and if one of those nonses had touched one of them I’d have swung for it, but it’s the attitude I’m trying to illustrate.

Google’ Blind Faith Album cover’ you’ll find an album sleeve picturing a topless pre pubescent girl, these girls were quite literally throwing themselves 13-14 yrs old at the pop stars and celebrities of the period, nothing was said.

I’m frankly surprised the yew tree investigation hasn’t reeled in hundreds of sixties and seventies rock stars, how Mick Jagger is still walking around free is beyond me..

muggomagic

So you think if the girls throw themselves at the celeb then it’s not right that they are charged with assault?

Stuart Hall raped girls as young as 12
    Jimmy Savile’s youngest victim was 5
    Gary Glitter was charged with assault of girls aged 10 and 11

I don’t understand your sympathy towards them.

thegreatape
    Free Member

They aren’t getting done for shagging 14/15 year olds who wanted to shag them, they’re getting done for things like indecent assault and rape – predatory offences where the victims did not consent to the activity. Big difference.

derekfish
    Free Member

There were plenty of perverts and kiddy fiddlers caught and punished then as I dare say there are now, difference was they’d get a beating on the way to and once in jail, the relevant question is why nobody cried rape at the time. Particularly in cases of high volume. Savile was well known as a perv, nobody liked him, he was protected by the same sort of shield many high level police and judge paedophile rings operated, probably sill operate, have we even discussed free masonry? It was all too powerful back then. So was the homosexual protection network, which like it or not and it may offend modern sensibilities but it was a source of male child abuse.

Girls had no place being left alone in the company of the likes of Hall, Gilter and Savile, but you have to question where were the parents? It wasn’t like now, hordes of single parent or irresponsible types that didn’t care, the family unit was still pretty strong, so what were those girls doing in the various dressing rooms? Were they idiots? Every kid new the risks of the dodgy type that wants you to sit on his lap, it wasn’t any different then from that respect. But as I said, there wasn’t the financial inducement to cry rape and for some there was an element of fun about it who’d ‘had’ which celeb..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so in summary, the world you call perfect was full of peodophiles, everything was fine if you hid anything that made you different and nothing was wrong as nobody reported it, even if you did the media wouldn’t make a fuss and not bother reporting it nationally.

What a wonderful time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘This kind if sh*t makes me mad!!!’ is closed to new replies.