Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Things that make you go ouch
  • dannybgoode

Burnt my finger and thumb on my soldering iron last night – ‘kin hurt.

Cheers

Danny B

camo16
    Free Member

Sanding our bannister rail and got a mahoosive splinter under my finger nail. Still ‘kin hurts.

Cheers

Camo

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got shot point-blank in the bollock when paint-balling on a stag-do once.

Never been paint-balling since.
    Gained two kids though, so no permanent damage 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

standing on a lego brick barefoot.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I used to have a mouse mat that was an advert for eyeball stitches.
    even thinking about that makes …. oooh i’d rather not

Lester
    Free Member

i used to be really proud of the fact that i would jump out of bed when the alarm went off, until my brother put a load of drawing pins by the side of my bed

lemonysam
    Free Member

I once ripped off a toenail and they decided to numb it and push it back into place. They forgot to numb it. That made me say ouch.

boxfish
    Free Member

Toothache, and stepping barefoot on an upturned 3-pin plug. Not at the same time, thankfully.

arrpee
    Free Member

…whilst carrying a sleeping toddler you don’t wish to wake.

Gunz
    Free Member

Many moons ago I badly cut the ball of my foot on a glass bottle in Egypt. Little did I realise that the Doctor’s assistant who was patting my knee and saying don’t worry was their version of an anaesthetic. 7 stitches later, my eyes were watering a bit.

Hohum
    Free Member

Squashed my middle finger between the end of a brake lever and a concrete barrier and ripped my finger nail clean off bar 2mm.

I tried to flick it off but it wasn’t happening so had to pull it off.

I think that the nerve was damaged as well which mitigated some of the pain.

Hohum
    Free Member

edit – double post

wwaswas

just saw this top tip;

AVOID the pain of stepping on upturned plugs by walking around with a four socket extension lead attached to each foot.

onandon
    Free Member

I once copped a ricochet from a 22 rimfire round into my left nipple.
    That hurt quite a bit 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Plucking stray nose hairs with tweezers. Just about the worst pain imaginable!

iolo
    Free Member

I fell 2m from an apple tree whilst pruning onto grass. I feel very old today and can hardly move

lemonysam
    Free Member

Many moons ago I badly cut the ball of my foot on a glass bottle in Egypt. Little did I realise that the Doctor’s assistant who was patting my knee and saying don’t worry was their version of an anaesthetic. 7 stitches later, my eyes were watering a bit.

Ahh, that reminds me of the italian doctor who stitched me up after a skiing accident. His idea of anaesthetic was to name british military heroes and tell me to shush.

BoardinBob

Did oven cooked rice once. Boiled water in a pan, put rice in once it was boiling then transferred pan to oven. Finished cooking and I remove the pan from the oven with an oven glove and place it on the hob. Attend to something else then go to pick up pan from hob…without an oven glove. Took a couple of seconds before the pain registered

wilko1999
    Free Member

Had mumps a few years ago and it spread to my chestnuts. The left one swelled up the size of a large baked potato for a week, followed by the right one doing the same the following week. I can confirm that the pain had me in tears for the best part of two weeks. Anyone remember Buster Gonad in Viz?

BoardinBob

until my brother put a load of drawing pins by the side of my bed

Some awesome, and painful, similar experiences here

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIyQn9jRjP8[/video]

surfer
    Free Member

Once when out running with a few mates just as it was going dark I ran between one of those large motorway signs (we were nearing a slip road off the road we where running along.
    The sign was missing and there was ample room to run between the two large posts however in the half light I didnt see the thin supporting steelwork for the missing frame and hit it at about 10mph !
    How we laughed! there was a lot of blood and after I came around I still had a couple of miles to jog home!

surfer
    Free Member

Another one!!

I was in 2nd position in a Northern Vets XC race a few years ago with about 1/2m to the finish when I leapt across a ditch (which I had crossed on each of the previous 2 laps without incident) Unfortunately my spikes caught and I fell forward landing face down on the otherside of the bank as it rose up. Somehow my fist was against my ribcage as I landed and I broke 3 ribs!

Still finished 2nd though 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

My workstand gets me occasionally. Best was probably when I had a frame in the stand without tightening the rotation clamp – I bent down then stood up and smacked my head on the frame, which then whipped around and smacked me in the chin.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ah the old “think the soldering iron is a pen and pick it up by the hot pointy end” classic.

Never done that, no sir not me, never

bencooper
    Free Member

Now I’ve started TIG welding I’ve started burning myself a lot. I think it’s because I’ve been using oxyacetylene for decades, so subconsciously I think that hot things go red then orange. But with TIG through a visor they don’t, and by the time I lift the visor the glow has gone because the heat is so concentrated, so I keep grabbing things I’ve just welded.

brakes
    Free Member

getting snowflakes on your eyeballs whilst cycling.
    oww oww owweeeee!

enigmas
    Free Member

Getting a tick bite on my family jewels – Bad Start
    Making a hash of removing it, resulting in it getting infected – getting worse
    Having the doctor lance said infection – 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

trod/stamped on an upturned guitar jack plug as i was running down the stairs, that smarted a bit, along with the tetanus jab and having hobble through heathrow airport the next day, ******* long way to gate 17 I can tell ya ! 🙁

stevomcd
    Free Member

I once half ripped-off a toenail mountain biking (clipped my foot on a rock). Pushed it back into place, taped it up, looked like it might be alright.

In the middle of the night, my wife was having a bit of a thrash around in bed, kicked my foot and finished the job.

Nice way to be woken up.

woody2000

Eating some apple crumble in a work canteen, bit down on a particularly crunchy bit and thought “ow, that was bloody hard!” (or words to that effect). Then thought “why is my mouth watering?!” – turns out the crumble topping had a bit of broken glass in it which had gone into the roof of my mouth, the watering was my mouth filling with blood.

Hornet sting on the left testicle, that was unbelievably painful!

Luminous
    Free Member

Things that make you go ouch
    The story a guy in my office told me earlier today, where is front wheel came away from his forks during a brief lift on the bars. It resulted with him using the left side of his head as a brake applied directly to the gravel surface. This in turn produced a 120 stitch scar left from reattaching the skin on about 1/3 of his head. He can also claim to have looked into his ear, without the use of a mirror as the ear came to rest on his shoulder. While the ear was put back on with leeches applied to get the blood flow back into it. Sun glasses are a problem for which suitable grips are now required.

While listening to his story I experienced a curious combination of Yeooowwwww (read ouch) one moment and poorly concealed sniggering the next.

pictonroad

You know when you stub a toe and it takes half a second for the pain to register?

I stubbed my toe in front of a mirror once and saw myself in the moment of calm and as the pain hit…

Luminous
    Free Member

Hornet sting on the left testicle, that was unbelievably painful

Sorry, but that is funny. If it wasn’t for bad luck, eh ?

Hohum
    Free Member

When I was a boy I knocked a bowl of steaming hot semolina onto my thigh.

It was summer term so I had shorts on.

That hurt a lot.

yunki
    Free Member

I find getting tattooed quite nasty if I’m honest

wwaswas

During a long childhood summer I was riding my bike around the garden and decided to pretend it was stuck in the mud so I needed to dig it out.

My Dad had left one of these lying around;

Fortunately I was wearing open toe sandals so they weren’t damaged and blood from my big toe washed off quite easily. I still have the scar 40 years later.

bencooper
    Free Member

I managed to push a dirty screwdriver right through my thumb and out through the nail – thumb swelled up to the size of a ping-pong ball.

That was a bit tender for a while.

woody2000

Luminous – I got off lightly! Me and my mate were messing about in the woods when it happened (stood on a nest). He had a large cut on his head from a bonce/scaffolding incident, the hornets seemed attracted to this cut and stung him in the open wound several times. The one that got me didn’t sting me until about 30 minutes after the incident, we’d legged it out of the woods and were somewhere safe (or so I thought!), then all of a sudden……fire in the nads!

The bleeder must have been working it’s way commando style up my leg, looking for a weak point.

bencooper
    Free Member

I fumbled and dropped my phone last week. Good thing: I managed to catch it. Bad thing: I punched myself hard in the testicles while catching it.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Snapped a 3mm drill bit and proceeded to drill the remainder of the bit through my thumb nail… K’sake that hurt!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Things that make you go ouch’ is closed to new replies.