Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • There’s more to life with our free Weekly Newsletter
  • stwhannah

Here’s a recent example you can read right now, so you can see what you’ve been missing!

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

There’s more to life with our free Weekly Newsletter

hightensionline

The question is, has the weekend been favourable towards Wilf?

stwhannah

I let him sit on my knee again. And he showed some promise at grasping the concept of ‘fetch’, before failing miserably and leaving his toy marooned in the mud. But he’s still quite big and jumpy, which I struggle with. I concede that he is quite pretty, and doesn’t smell, and isn’t too hairy. There is hope!

ossify

I get it twice each week 🙂

Been meaning to ask about sorting that out, actually…

Mark

It gets sent out at a certain time. Then it gets resent about 1 day later to subscribers that didn’t open it the first time. It’s a standard mailchimp feature. 

flyingmonkeycorps

I get it twice a week as well. It’s a bit annoying. The reason I haven’t opened it is because it’s in flipping tiny text on my mobile screen that’s a pain in the arse to read, so I don’t bother.

I should probably unsubscribe, really.

stwhannah

@flyingmonkeycorps can I ask what sort of phone/browser you’re using? And does it open up smaller than your normal emails? It should be legible on a phone as well as desktop, so if it’s not working properly I will try and give it a tickle.

ossify

It gets sent out at a certain time. Then it gets resent about 1 day later to subscribers that didn’t open it the first time. It’s a standard mailchimp feature.

Ah, that explains it then. Will have to check my email more often I guess… Kind of annoying but no deal breaker. I always read & enjoy the newsletter but often leave it a few days until I get round to it.

ossify

Just checked on my phone… yes it is tiny and hard to read (on my admittedly small screen).

It’s resizing it to fit the whole text on the screen and yes it’s smaller than a regular plain text email.

(Qin F22 Pro with the Gmail app)

Doesn’t bother me as I usually use the PC anyway 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Hey @stwhannah, sure!

Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Android (12 I think, it’s an old phone) and Gmail app.

Most emails are fine (I’m pretty picky about what I’m subscribed to so it’s not that wide of a field tbf). It shows up as tiny, barely legible; when I pinch zoom it keeps the same line width (which I think is normal) so I have to scroll left-right to read it at which point I give up and do something else instead. Flipping the phone works, but I don’t like holding it like that.

Interestingly I’ve just compared web/PC version with my phone, and the phone has longer line width than the PC, which is odd.

Ok so this is really weird – I just flipped my phone to landscape to see if it made any difference, and when I flipped it back it was much more legible. Odd.

tthew

The reason I haven’t opened it is because it’s in flipping tiny text on my mobile screen that’s a pain in the arse to read

As Mr Corps just said, if you flip to landscape mode, scroll down a bit so a few lines of text are in view,  them go back to landscape it fixes the text size.

On my phone it’s Gmail, so delivered through the Gmail app. 

bikesandboots

Annoying. If see a newsletter (not just yours) but don’t have time to read it, I’ll leave it unread until I do – which might be in a couple of days. It’s not an urgent message. I get it everyone and their dog is begging for people’s eyeballs and attention, and many people don’t read all their email, but this is over the threshold for me so… unsubscribe.

robertajobb

Enough of the text size and repeat emai debates. We need weekly (or DAILY) updates and newletters about the dawgie 😍

stwhannah

The thing is, Wilf has competition.

C66A0BC4-A521-47F7-8912-CF6616C111A7

stwhannah

F5541B52-92F6-474F-A97A-EFA3E74F61B3
    Although I don’t think Nessie would be as good at being a desk as Wilf.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.