Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Theoretical Question..
  • sharki
    Free Member

Anyone here got one arm longer/shorter than the other?

As i was riding along a dull canal path i noticed i’d put my stem on slightly out of alignment..

That got me thinking, the natural thing to do when riding is to keep the bike heading in the right directionish, so having wonky arms with the bars at 90 degs to the front wheel shouldn’t be a big problem…with the exception of riding skinnies…..

However, when getting air, the arms would naturally pull the bars at a natural distance in relation to the arm lengths…therefore a rider with wonky arms wouldn’t land a jump with the front wheel pointing in the right direction…

So are there any out there who runs their stems skewwiff to compensate for such reason?

Also anyone with one leg shorter than tother run a shorter crank to conpensate……

Just wondering, perhaps you keep landing jumps and fall off and can’t work out why…..

rOcKeTdOg

shane, you are SOO bored aren’t you?

sharki
    Free Member

Mostly yes i am…

saladdodger
    Free Member

Come on over shane

I will do you a saladdodger home made fry up and a few beers one night, just give me a ring

sharki
    Free Member

Cheers fella.

*checks for car* bugger aint got one.

*checks for that borrowed road bike* oopps! i bent the wheel and feel guilty for taking it out again.

I am however planning to release some boredom by doing some very ambient riding this weekend 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

on the basis that humans are asymetric, plenty of people have different sized feet, odd faces etc, I would say most people do have different length arms, whether enough to notice i don’t know.

julianwilson
    Free Member

After having broken my elbow, my right arm doesn’t straighten out. It is a lot better than it was a few years ago. I (very!) briefly tried having my bars on the wonk but it was too wierd having the bars not perpendicular to the front wheel, felt as though i was trying to turn all the time. In fact having to lean forward on my recovering arm with the bars n the right place was probably good training for it.

sharki
    Free Member

i’m not talking about the ones with fractionally different limb lengths, but those with noticeably different ones…

Would Mr beadle of used a rouge lockon one side and a ruffian the other, to try and help things..
    Similarly would sloth of had problems getting a lid to fit his mis aligned lug holes?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Is it re trueable I do have a wheel jig????????

sharki
    Free Member

yes a little wobble, easily trueable yeah, Damo will do it now worries.

But i’d not trust myself on it again, even less so with the spinergy rims on it now.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Do you want to use my Kaffanbak for a bit ?

sharki
    Free Member

*googles Kaffanbak*

sharki
    Free Member

Hmmmm, natty!

Might just need a wee play on one of those..

metalheart
    Free Member

broke my arm a few years back and although its not really shorter its probably about 5 degrees out of true (which is the same thing in my book).

and last time I was out I had a bee fly in my helmet, try to get it off comedy stack moment which knocked the bars akimbo by about the same. feels about right too!

generally though it just feels ‘normal’ to me though…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Theoretical Question..’ is closed to new replies.