Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • thebikechain – Edinburgh(ish) road ride. Sun 13th Dec
  • druidh
    Free Member

Markd and I are gonna stretch our legs on a wee road ride this coming Sunday. Looking to head out south of the Burg. 80km and with a stop somewhere for scran. Anyone feel like accompanying us?

If we're starting on the edge of town somewhere, I'd likely be able to transport a couple of bods out that way, so let me know if this is also required or whether you can make it there on your own.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'm in Edinburgh on Sunday but will be arriving too late to join you

I shall be consuming beverages on Monday night though 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-night-out-in-edinburgh-next-week

druidh
    Free Member

ah well – hope you have a good night!

13thfloormonk

I'm off to Kielder with the rest of your colleagues!

Obviously didn't sell the idea of Arrochar-Oban to Mark the other night then? It should be a beautiful run this weekend…

Kit
    Free Member

I'm washing my hair that day. And besides, the chain needs lubing on the road bike 😉

robgarrioch

Gonnae post up your start-point / time / route Colin – I might be along to up my road-mileage a bit. Note extreme low temperatures forecast tomorrow night…

druidh
    Free Member

Will do Rob. Likely gonna be 10am – Fairmilehead. Might be able to give you a lift out that way if you fancy it?

Do you Facebook??
    http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=197317654299&ref=mf

robgarrioch

It's cool, I'm only in Bonaly. Be using me old road-adapted MTB (gearing upped by the good TBC elves some years ago) if I do attend, nostalgia goggles required!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Road? ROAD? is that the stuff that takes you to the trails? You have this all wrong you know

*shakes head sadly*

robgarrioch

Have to rule myself out unfortunately, nasty weather! Nothing to do with having too much to sort out so we can get away next weekend, oh no 🙄
    Will be making a 90 minute skirmish into the Pentlands around 9 am if you change your plans – it should be frosted & hard
    (the ground, that is… 😳 )
    Next time…

(any way your FBook invite can be sent / flagged to 'friends'? I really had to search for it!)

druidh
    Free Member

robgarrioch – Member

Have to rule myself out unfortunately, nasty weather! Nothing to do with having too much to sort out so we can get away next weekend, oh no
    Will be making a 90 minute skirmish into the Pentlands around 9 am if you change your plans – it should be frosted & hard
    (the ground, that is… )
    Next time…

(any way your FBook invite can be sent / flagged to 'friends'? I really had to search for it!)

That's cool. I'll have a look at the Facebook thing.

ojom
    Free Member

Where we meeting Onion?

druidh
    Free Member

10am. The Steading (by the entrance to the ski slope) for a circumnavigation of the Pentlands Massif.

ojom
    Free Member

ooh that sounds good.

where is the cake stop?

druidh
    Free Member

West Linton, Carlops or Flotterstone.
    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=93239

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Decent route – I would probably avoid the A702 though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘thebikechain – Edinburgh(ish) road ride. Sun 13th Dec’ is closed to new replies.