Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • The Zombies are coming* – what's you weapon of choice?
  • stevied
    Free Member

*They’re not but hypothetically speaking, if they were, what would be your one weapon of choice?

For me, a sword every time..

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

For close encounters.

Pigface
    Free Member

RustySpanner

I’m quite looking forward to it, tbh.

Do Zombies ride bikes?

jimjam
    Free Member

everyone
    Free Member

11 speed xt cassette. Have you felt the weight of those things?

fasthaggis

maccruiskeen

jekkyl

yup defo a bike… to pedal away as fast as poss, to the middle of nowhere and where I could see them coming. Doesn’t need fuel and doesn’t take up much room.

kayla1
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

Definitely a sword, an axe would be too likely to get caught up on things.

Besides, I can still remember how to use a sword – years of living in Glasgow martial arts training is still in there somewhere.

SaxonRider

jimdubleyou

Chain saw

http://nerdist.com/mythbusters-tests-axe-vs-gun-vs-chainsaw-in-zombie-apocalypse/

Or for more stealthy operations, a pair of tomahawks (actual small axes, not the cruise missiles).

fasthaggis

Ben earlier

bencooper
    Free Member

The problem with guns, chainsaws etc is they’ll stop working at the worst possible time.

benp1

The minigun from Predator – the one they use to cut the jungle down

daviek

some sausage rolls from the canteen!

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m just hoping they’ll be Walking Dead type zombies not World War Z ones, if so +1 for a Samurai sword. I reckon an axe/big hammer would be too tiring to swing after the 30th bludgeoning.

slackboy

bencooper
    Free Member

Ben earlier

He’s not going to kill many zombies holding a sword like that. And what’s with the one glove – is he going to do a Michael Jackson tribute act?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ideally an aircraft carrier but if it has to be a close combat weapon then a fairly short sword. Anything too heavy is going to be tiring to use for an extended period.

A lot depends on which version of zombies we’re dealing with if they’re fast zombies (world war z, 28 days later) then most hand weapons are useless and I’d probably put all my efforts into finding a defendable position. With the shuffling zombies there’s more of a chance of taking them on in small numbers.

Yak

The BFG. (not the Roald Dahl one)

willard

Lightsaber.

Like a sword, but more betterer.

epicyclo

One of those great big woodchippers the forestry use.

Just need to lure them in. A disposable small child dangling as bait should do the trick.

A 14lb spalding hammer for close encounters.

onandon
    Free Member

This Stanley tool looks like it could be pretty handy.

That’s would be good in one on one combat and handy to pillage shops , houses are cars for extra supplies.

darrenspink
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

A well stocked castle and lots of patience.

egb81
    Free Member

Baseball bat. Much easier to swing than a sword and won’t get caught in flesh and bone at an inopportune time. Also, you don’t have to sharpen a bat.

somafunk

I carry my Zombie kit in the van at all times, the first 3 from left would do the job for me

But i have an irrational desire to add one of Groundworks GD40 cordless chainsaws to my Zombie/trail maintenance tool collection.

A local tree surgeon has one and it seems a nice bit of kit

allan23
    Free Member

Lots of fat mates – kick them in the knee and run leaving them to get eaten.

Might need lots of fat and stupid mates so they don’t twig on at the dwindling numbers.

Cougar

The minigun from Predator

It’s tradition, or an old charter, or something.

funkmasterp

I’m going for full riding leathers with helmet. This is so they can’t bite me. I imagine wasted jaw muscle results in a weaker bite. I would then use a combination of crowbar, hockey stick and those shite metal rounders bats from when I was at school. I reckon blunt hitting sticks would be the most fun 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Come on now surely has to be

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Three hanging on the left wall ready and labelled

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DoTvLh]20160220_124058[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

tazzymtb

for close combat a horsemans pick as you have the combination of warhammer and bloody big spike (bit like the lobo in the world war Z book, not the shite awful film!)

for distance, a nice modern crossbow for the silent kill. Noise is bad mmmkay (too much time playing the zombicide board game)

sbob
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

It’s tradition, or an old charter, or something.

No it’s not, it’s a General Electric.

Mine’s a pint of large.

vondally
    Free Member

So lots of zombies in this apocalypse……slow or fast moving?

Guns….problem is a) cannot use one and probably miss the headshot b) you will run of ammo and need to reload so overwhelmed by numberes of zombies c) location of long term supply of ammunition could be a problem e) them guns and ammunition are heavy so fitness could be an issue.

Sword, axe, assorted implements …..problem is A) you need to close in so you need to be fairly confident brave and not a scared of zombies cat b) strength and fitness decapitation of zombies needs some fitness…. cross fit WoD zombie prep….c) space …in a confined space wielding can be difficult D) zombies overwhelm you with numbers and or speed

Fat or slow people as a diversion ….very zombies and …however they become new zombies close to you.

High explosives….mass destruction but not necessarily ensures zombies are inactive otpr unable to infect…..so may still bite.

So some seriously impenetrable armour coupled with a nice axe and short sword with enough time to learn to use a gun please.

nuke

Samurai sword…always works well for Michonne, never know why the others don’t use the same. Crossbow seems a good secondary weapon but then it depends if you seem to have infinite arrows like Daryl 🙄

allan23
    Free Member

I’d remove that picture quick. The new legislation, banning the sale, manufacture, rental or importation of zombie knives will take effect on Thursday. Anyone caught breaking the law will face up to four years in prison.

That’s a specific kind of scary knife, not general household tools that say Zombie on them 🙂

I’ve often wondered if it’s worth just being a Zombie rather than worrying, you can at least get you’re own back, betting that there’s a good chance you’ll take someone down who doesn’t pay for Trail Centre parking 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘The Zombies are coming* – what's you weapon of choice?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM