Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The tank of pink fluid in the engine compartment of your car. What is it?
  • brooess
    Free Member

Under the bonnet, just in front of the driver’s seat.
    It’s just shy of the minimum level and I’m driving up to the Lakes tomorrow (from Manchester).
    What is it and am I likely to have a problem tomorrow?. And how urgently do I need to get a garage to look at it?
    Cheers

Spud

Surely you have a manual for the car?

knottie8
    Free Member

anti-freeze/coolant possibly

any drips under the car ?

Admiralable
    Free Member

Either coolant or Brake fluid what shape is the bottle?

Swelper
    Free Member

Coolant is my bet

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Could also be screenwash

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Heaven help us.

Admiralable
    Free Member

It’s most likely to be the coolant. Or the car’s brain juice. If thats low then the car will act like a blonde essex bimbo and explode!!!!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Was the engine hot when you checked? Engine coolant(radiator fluid) level will drop a bit when it’s hot, this is normal. Check when cold.

Probably coolant, possibly steering fluid. It should have a symbol on the cap. How big is the container approx?

igm

Power steering hydraulyic oil?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was put there just to confuse you.

Markie
    Free Member

Calpol.

baldSpot
    Free Member

babychamp

mcmoonter
    Free Member

snaps
    Free Member

Go to Halfords & ask for pink bonnet pixie jiz 😉

jools182
    Free Member

power steering or coolant

Tracker1972
    Free Member

What it the picture of on the cap? All ours have writing on as well but old car only had pictures…

oldfart

This is a wind up right ?

sturmey
    Free Member

Anti-sieze for the biffle rods lube for the priffleator valves definately one of them coolant pfff

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It’s coolant. Always pink. Washer fluid is blue or green.

Doesn’t everyone know that?

Just top it up with tap water – no problem. If it happens again (within a month or so) , take it to a garage and get it checked for leaks – it’s pretty vital. Pretty likely that will sort it though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You thick sods, It’s blancmange innit!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Coolant can also be blue or orange too

starsh78
    Free Member

coolant isnt always pink, mine is blue.

whats the make model & year of car?

Jamie
    Free Member

Always pink.

Tsk tsk!

sturmey
    Free Member

As the fluid has gone pink it indicates your car is pregnant keep looking up the exhaust (possibly round pipe at the back under the bumper) for your new car being delivered. This is how lucky people manage to get a new car. If you do not want this to happen again I suggest you try to keep your car locked up on a night.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s coolant. Always pink. Washer fluid is blue or green.

Doesn’t everyone know that?

QED

project
    Free Member

I used to have a large pink thing sat on the front seat, then got a divorce and she went.

incognito
    Free Member

As the fluid has gone pink it indicates your car is pregnant keep looking up the exhaust

lmao

Sandwich

The Strawberry Daiquiri dispenser is running low. Refill it now to arrive suitably refreshed at your destination.

kimbers

ITS A BOMB!

Tinners

Lucky sod. Looks like you’ve bagged yourself one of the few cars with an an optional Slush Puppy dispenser. Next time you take it in for a service, ask them if they could switch it from the raspberry to cool mint. You won’t regret it if we have a barbecue summer next year.

KonaTC

Return your driving licence and buy a train ticket…

brooess
    Free Member

cheeky bunch aren’t you!
    Looks like it might be coolant. ’05 Ford Focus for those of you who want to be helpful…
    Will see if I can get a more sensible answer from the local garage…
    Hope she’s not pregnant, can’t afford another one

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If it’s an 05 focus, it will have a picture on it. Think that’s power steering fluid. I had one wet itself once, went all over the manifold and burst into flames! Went out quick though luckily and it wasn’t my car either

grahamh
    Free Member

It’s some indicator on how gay your car is 😉

landy813
    Free Member

Just top it up with some pink stuff from halfords and if it breaks the 4th emergency service will rescue you..

robdob
    Free Member

You have to be seriously kidding me you had to ask this on the internet. If you can’t figure it out you shouldn’t be driving a car!!
    There’s a little box in the dashboard, try opening that and reading through the instruction manual. It tells you how the big metal thing works.
    Can you read road signs? 😉

emac65
    Free Member

Loving the “tags” 😆

Northwind

“Surf-Mat – Member

It’s coolant. Always pink.”

You know nothing about cars :mrgreen: Mine is blue, some Shell product. The stuff before it was also blue. The Halfords stuff I use in the bike is, er, blue.

m4dmatt
    Free Member

Pink stuff?? get rid of it, it will cool your engine and stop you getting optimum power. pull one of the big blue or black dangly things off – they look like madusa snakes… let the pink stuff pour out and whilst youre there near the front of the car – the bit with headlights and a ford badge… theres a big barbeque grill thing. hit this with a hammer to remove any remaining pink stuff. hey presto job done. car will be much better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The tank of pink fluid in the engine compartment of your car. What is it?’ is closed to new replies.