• This topic has 2,363 replies, 165 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Tom-B.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,364 total)
  • The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2012-2013 season
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences but I’ve an open invite to Chamonix this winter where a mate is taking a 3 month sabbatical. I’d commit if I had a secure income…

Stuey01
    Free Member

+1!
    Smith Hustle and Phenom here. Zero gap, they practically lock together.
    Is “your mate” a bit of a Tefal?

Tefal?
    No issues with my lid and goggles.

jam-bo

I’d commit if I had a secure income…

Surely it’s easier to commit because you don’t. Ski bum seems preferable to civil service panel interviews…

GrahamS

Tefal:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsNwtBv3PI0[/video]

mbydmt
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience with Billabong ski wear, specifically jackets and pants? I’ve bought a set for £90 reduced from £260 from twoseasons (used £20 off when signing up to newsletter).

I’ve just bought them as a backup really and the jacket for going about resort (doing a season in St. Anton), not expecting anything amazing but would be nice if they’re alright for at least some fair weather skiing.

stevomcd
    Free Member

mbydmt – they make a decent range of stuff, really depends which end of their market you’ve bought at!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Indy snow pant: Waist Adjustment, Hook Jacket to Pant, Venting Zip, Reinforced Heel, Bottom Opening, Boot Gaiter, Lace Hook, 8000mm breathable, 8000gr. So mid level waterproofing?

Crown Jacket: Jacket Shell: Twill Herringbone 100% Polyamide, Jacket Lining: Embossed Nylon Taffeta. Insulation: Poly Fill 80g body 60g arms. Waterproof: 8’000mm, Breathable: 8’000gm

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yeah, that’ll be fine unless it’s really puking.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mbydmt, as above, unless it’s turbo-puke or you’re really working it, you’ll be fine in that.

shifter
    Free Member

Ninety quid is a bargain pretty much whatever it looks like. Of course we’ll be needing pictures 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course we’ll be needing pictures

😉

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Love that pic, haha!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can somebody with crowbars do me a favor. Oakley are skirting around the question of if Snow lenses will fit in MX frames. If you have some Crowbar Snow goggles can you pop the lenses out and take a pic so I can see where the mounting holes are.

Thanks

klumpy
    Free Member

Too much to read, so apologies if it’s been mentioned; has anyone ridden a Triple Base Technology (TBT) board?

It’s solving a problem I don’t really have anymore (going in a straight line) but might make all types of slope-side popping, jumping, and general dicking about much more forgiving.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Snow;

MX

Doesn’t look like they’ll work, I’m afraid!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yea I got that online but I never trust the online example photos.

I might just have to get a darker lens for my O Frames.

Bunnyhop

Spot on with that ‘modern skier’ picture. However there is one important item left out – the GoPro stuck to various parts of the body, or end of pole if you’re a snowboarder.

Mmm can’t think about skiing atm as summer has made a rather pleasant return 🙂

PaulMc
    Free Member

No GoPro on the end of my pole Bunnyhop 😆

andytherocketeer

Subtle attempt at not letting the thread drop off the radar, and update of page 1…

Dec – Tignes (booked)
    Jan – Austria (cheeky weekend somewhere)
    Feb – Dolomites (booked)

GrahamS
    glenh
    Free Member

Snow on the tops in Scotland today. Won’t be long before I can break the alpine touring kit out 🙂

RustyMac

For thoes looking for clothing SportsPursuit have Men and Womens Westbeach clothing in for the next 6 days

You need to join Sports Persuits before you can see the deals (email address and password) then if you want to buy something you will then need to put in card details.

If you decide to join you can click on the link below and i will get a reward for recommending you if you buy something.
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/Russell__Macnamara_31347

If you want to join but do not want to go through the recommendation link then simply click this link and it should take you to the front page where you can sign up for an account.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/

cobrakai

Guys quick question for you.

Going to be buying a set of Rossi’s 2nd hand off a mate and I was wondering if anyone knows any shops on the south coast (Bournemouth – Portsmouth – M3 Corridor) that will be able to mount 7tm tele bindings? I’m a bit too far from mountain spirit!

GrahamS

Sad day:

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000184615/news/tom-sims-dies-heart-attack/

Just sold my knackered old Sims board a year or so ago. Kinda wish I’d kept it now 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sims for me means one thing…

Hosoi.

RIP, Tom. Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, in other more cheery news…..2012/13 stuff is hitting the shops!

Great to see Bob’s stuff in the UK. Lovely skis!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and why oh why are Line skis soooooo darned purdy?

mbydmt
    Free Member

Looking forward to this Christmas, anyone had any time on the Volkl RTM 75?

After something for a confident blue skier, enjoys reds and happy on some, less happy but can get down some, struggles on some currently, but doing a season so envisage getting more confident.

Looking at mainly on piste but hopefully expanding into fresh powder/off piste during my season in St. Anton.

mbydmt
    Free Member

Me again on the topic of skis 🙄
    PSA: Sport Conrad are doing Coreupt skis for only 100 Euros delivered (free delivery until midnight TONIGHT).
    Coreupt are a ski company that’s come out of Tignes, check them out, they mainly deal in fun, play, park type skis, the two mens ski’s they have left are twin tips, great value play skis though!

I *may* 🙄 have got carried away and bought a set…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I *may* have got carried away was on the interwebz after a long liquid lunch and bought a set…

😉

Never tried Coreupts, I’m afraid. Volkl have always impressed when I’ve tried them, though. The 2012 were a lovely all rounder mainly piste-based ski.

mbydmt
    Free Member

CFH pretty near the mark, £80 delivered, can’t argue really, now need to get some piste skis, which are what I actually set out to look at 🙄

Any thoughts on the Volkl RTM 75 vs. Atomic Nomad Colt?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Piste skis?

Well, recent skis I have liked include;
    Movement Jam – Great all rounder, really stable in all conditions. One of the nicest I’ve skied.
    Salomon Enduro – Faultless skis. Not exciting, but always great!
    Nordica Spitfire – Fast. Really fast. Great fun, though. Sort of a cross between a GS race ski and a lazy day hangover ski.

And, whisper it quietly…..Salomon BBRs! OK, so it’s a Marmite ski, but I liked them!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Movement Jam’s look really nice, if only I was a short arse I found them for £315 on glisshop.co.uk

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not that my opinion will matter much and they arnt quite the same as what you asked about but I used some Volkl 73 last season. They were the only ski I have used as it was my first time but they seemed very neutral. I skied almost exclusively on blue runs, I went down a red by mistake as it was a lot shorter than the blue option. I was pretty comfortable on them and they seemed to turn very fast when I got my act together, they also seemed reasonably stable at speed in a straight line.

Anyway I hope that helped.

mbydmt
    Free Member

Always good to hear some extra info, a lot of food for though.
    Just been booking skis for my family who are out in St Anton in March, went with Volkl RTM 7.4 skis for them.

mbydmt
    Free Member

Woops, itchy paypal finger 🙄 only £166 though 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

mbydmt
    Free Member

Hahahahaha that’s all it’ll be until November when I’ll get my 5 months skiing in St. Anton 😉 . 2 pairs of skis in 2 days is a normal amount to buy right 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What bindings are you going for? Marker are very good, and have always been more than happy with Salomon as well.

Also, how’s the boot hunt? Can’t remember where you’d got to with that! 😳

mbydmt
    Free Member

Was looking at Marker Squire 11 90mm for both of them, they sound good to you Captain?

Boot hunt’s on hold, went to Solutions4feet but they were on holiday, and horacebarton (local ski shop) don’t have boots in until October. Got a free weekend at the start of October so will have to wait until then to get some boots.

Are your ski plans for the year still fully on hold whilst waiting for Jnr CFH? (Big congratulations by the way!!)

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,364 total)

The topic ‘The STW Ski & Snowboard thread. The 2012-2013 season’ is closed to new replies.