Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The Sabrina Way
  • alwillis

Has anyone here ridden it? I can’t find too much detail, apart from this page:

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Sabrina+Way

If it is pretty rideable, it could open up an possible multi day ride between home (near Cirencester) and my parents in Rossendale (just off the pennine bridleway which the Sabrina way seems to link to).

I’m thinking that trip could be the second part of this years goals- ridgeway double being the first, possibly with a bivvy as a test run for riding “home”.

FB-ATB

Ah, thought it was about the 90s Italian singer.

finbar
    Free Member

I was expecting the teenage witch…

kayak23

I’ve ridden bits of it, I think near Cold Aston and Turkdean. Can’t really remember anything about it sorry.

🤔

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That looks right up my street (in some places almost literally)

Had a good look at yr map and have done most of the minor-road and bridleway sections between Bridgnorth and Cheltenham over the years, but wasn’t aware of this route! Looks like a good rough-touring/bikepacking option for the 29er, with a few good camp-spots on the way 👍🏼

Some hilly and sections near Witley, Malverns, Suckley (muddy hell in rainy weather) etc, but all good fun. Try and arrange so you happen upon the beer festival at the Talbot in Knightwick en route and you’ll get a good night’s kip 😉

Don’t bivvy on Osebury Rock though, the ‘little folk’ will come for you in the night…

Poopscoop

Ha, another route id never head of!👍

mrmo
    Free Member

the bits i have covered, Cheltenham Cotswolds, do in the summer. Current weather + Horses is going to make it deeply unpleasant.

It’s for horses, so will be rideable on a bike.

jimdubleyou

Interesting that the horsey folk are interested in long distance routes too.

This popped into my mailbox at the weekend.

Might be my summer jaunt – https://www.cyclinguk.org/kingalfredsway

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The Sabrina Way’ is closed to new replies.