Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The nights must be drawing in because my lights seem to have packed up!
  • rockhopper70

Ok, I admit, I bought the £50 magicshine from dealextreme so I shouldn't be surprised.
    They appear to have died over the summer. There is a voltage out of the charger and my mates set confirms the lamp is OK as his battery powers it up. Looks like the batteries may have gone. There are 4 18650 NiMh batteries in the sealed pack and I wonder if anyone has upgraded theirs and if it is the batteries that have probably died through compelete discharge (this happened on my car when the courtesy light was left on and Mr RAC said that deep discharge resulted in irrecoverable damage and no amount of charging would get it back to life).
    I have done some searches on forums such as candlepower but they get v technical v quickly with posters seemingly trying to outwit each other with the result that I simply glaze over and remain confused.
    Any normal advice out there?

rockhopper70

just found this myself

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/bike-light-accessories.php?category=2

uk outlet now but £38 for the battery!!???!!?

the whole thing cost £45 posted…

so battery help still needed

racing_ralph
    Free Member

email smudge off here – he has some batteries for magicshine lights

rockhopper70

do you have contact details?

smudge
    Free Member

look in my profile 😉

Without looking at the battery cant say whats up with it, But most common cause is water has got in under the sleeving and the cells & protection circuit have corroded. Common problem if you google it.

I can supply you with a new one but should you prefer to post me your battery for me to check it over first I can do that for you too.

BUT battery will cost approx same price for a 4.4Ah, uprated capacity more.

How old is it? it may still be covered under its guarantee.

Smudge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The nights must be drawing in because my lights seem to have packed up!’ is closed to new replies.