Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • The next Doctor
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Much laughter!

edhornby

how about Miriam Margolyes ? Can go totally OTT but sharp and able to switch on an instant

Maxine Peake is also a good shout, not ayoade thanks

scotroutes

Sue Perkins is another name that’s cropped up occasionally.

somafunk

I think Eddie Redmayne would make a good doctor, he’s got a sense of quirkiness about his character that would suit the role

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Hayley Atwell, bloody ace as Agent Carter and rumour is the show she’s on now isn’t getting a second series. Plus she’s shown an interest in the role.

slowoldman

Rolf Harris would bring something new to the role.

frogstomp

Philomena Cunk

oldnpastit

Underlying Doctor Who was always a deep hope and faith in humanity.

Given how things are at the moment, I think perhaps the series could do with taking a break for a while, until that’s a bit more believable.

Perhaps Blake’s Seven instead.

RustySpanner

Maxine Peake.
    She should have got it last time.

Nicola Walker would be good too, and Julie Walters would be excellent.

I like Peter Capaldi and enjoyed the return to shorter, self contained stories.
    He should have stayed on a bit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Michael Sheen just moved back to Wales
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0790688/bio

RustySpanner

Good call.

Brian Cox (the other one) would be perfect.

Or how about Robert Carlyle?

Northwind

I was actually thinking that but maybe someone less scottish next time. Probably younger too, bit of tick/tock

Maybe someone like Maisie Williams. Not actually her, because she’s already been in it/might recur but someone that can do young-looking but old-feeling. 1000 year eyes. Like John Boyega in Attack The Block, in that one great scene when you find out how old he actually is.

(or a young Johnny Lee Miller)

Oh hold the phone. I’m right about Tilda Swinton, everyone else is a worse choice but… Joe McFadden. Because if anyone knows what it’s like to be ageless, it’s that boy, he looks the same today as he did in Crow Road 20 years ago. But also, he’d be good at it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or how about Robert Carlyle?

(or a young Johnny Lee Miller)

Having just seen the trainspotting 2 trailer Johnny Lee now would be good, or too keep The Time Lords north of the border Ewan/Obe Wan

Somebody with a bit of gravity does help a lot (and acting ability)

wwaswas

Jeremey Clarkson, inteligent,personable,slightly eccentric views from a past age,chatty and funny,would soup up the Tardis, go faster stripes and a 0 to 1 million light years in seconds.

Any assistant would have to be prepared to be punched if supper was a few minutes late.

scaled
    Free Member

Sod having Idris Elba,

Ruth Wilson could be a good shout though

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, Idris doesn’t seem to get much support (not unusual then) so how about someone who could talk the monsters into either death or leaving us alone..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or perhaps someone so officious that we’d welcome the Monsters to kill him dead, on TV in front of a live audience..

perchypanther
    Free Member

What we need is someone who has a few key qualities…..

The ability to play a character who can be funny and manic and comically unpredictable.

The ablity to play a character who can also be dark and brooding and menacing.

Experience at playing a smart arse Doctor in a long running successful TV series.

If only there were such an actor…….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sadly this thread has taken a tangent and someone’s supplied a sensible alternative to the current intern.

Cougar

I think Eddie Redmayne would make a good doctor, he’s got a sense of quirkiness about his character that would suit the role

That’s a good shout actually, the thought crossed my mind when I was watching that Harry Potter spin-off thing a couple of months back.

Speaking of Alexander Armstrong – What about Richard Osman? Could well believe he’s a bloody alien.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

somafunk> Eddie Redmayne has already done his Dr Who as Newt Scamander In Fantastic Beasts… for a much bigger fee I expect.

Cougar

Having just seen the trainspotting 2 trailer Johnny Lee now would be good

I saw him in a stage performance of Frankenstein last year (alongside the Cumberbeast) and thought he was a surprisingly good actor.

Talking of lady-pleasing thesps, how about Top Hiddleston? They’d never be able to afford him of course, but I reckon he could put in a proper scenery-chewing performance.

Coyote
    Free Member

Actually from one of the posts above, Tim Curry would be an excellent choice!

scotroutes
    breatheeasy
    Free Member

I think Eddie Redmayne would make a good doctor

I suspect he’s busy for the next few years though….

vondally
    Free Member

Maxine Peake is a great call

Suranne Jones….Already been the TARDIS…..And in Sarah Jones

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘The next Doctor’ is closed to new replies.