Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • The next Doctor
  • colournoise

Cougar – Moderator
    I saw a list of odds on a website earlier. Richard Ayoade was second behind the bloke who played Q in the recent Bond movies IIRC.

Ben Wishaw.

Either would be decent enough in the role I reckon, but probably too high profile?

Given the new showrunner will be the Broadchurch writer, it’s a fair shout that Olivia Coleman might be in the running, but maybe an outside bet for a Tennant return?

scotroutes

Olivia Coleman has already been on Dr Who, but them so had Peter Capaldi.

wwaswas

Could they afford Christopher Walken?

He might choose to run for President again and they’d lose their Doctor?

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about this guy? He’d just have to look at the “monsterz” and scare the living daylights out of them.

the-muffin-man

Chris Evans

He’s looking for a new TV show!

mikedabear
    Free Member

Joey Essex

ninfan
    Free Member

Sorely missed:

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=m0RvDZFN71A[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Len Goodman

bikebouy
    Free Member

How about Stephen? It would certainly add some intellectual credibility to the programme.

ninfan
    Free Member

Wouldn’t he make a better Davros?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

😆

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a good shout, not sure they’d dare.

Return of Ecclestone? (Christopher or Bernie?)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How about Stephen? It would certainly add some intellectual credibility to the programme.

Would put the dalek battles on more of a level playing field.

CountZero

I see that Harridan Harperson is ‘demanding’ that the Doctor is a woman, with a male companion who she can ‘tell what to do, to show leadership’
    The daft old baggage has clearly never watched any episodes of Doctor Who since it was brought back, otherwise she might have noticed that it’s the female companions who tend to run rings around the Doctor.
    But then, she’s never been the sharpest button in the box.
    And there’s already a female Time Lord, just not the Doctor, (yet).
    Olivia Colman would be my choice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

more of a level playing field

Cougar

Return of Ecclestone?

There’s more chance of me doing it. I don’t know exactly what happened but our Mr Eccleston had something of a falling-out with the showrunners. “My face didn’t fit” is what he said IIRC. He’s had a number of opportunities to return to the role and rejected them all.

Cougar
    Cougar

Whoever plays it, they need to have that slight air of eccentricity or borderline insanity/mania that seems to go with being a time lord.

Agreed, but they also need some gravitas. Tom Baker tells you to run, you bloody well run.

This is where they fell down with Matt Smith IMHO, there’s a scene near the end of his tenure where he’s shouting down the universe and I wanted the universe to shout back, “who the hell are you, you look about 16 and you’re ten stone wet through. Piss off and take that stupid hat with you.”

If we’re going to have a previous doctor return, my vote would be for Paul McGann. I’ve been listening to the Big Finish audiobooks and he’s brilliant.

I’m already bloody running, sunbeam.

scotroutes

Daleks have been flying since 1988.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8[/video]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Lenny Henry has never been and never will be “awesome”.

One of the most overrated, talent-less, media stars of his generation. He should stick to Premier Inn adverts, About his level.

You don’t know nuffink!

wwaswas

I’ve not watched the video but “Dalek Flies” – is that what a Dalek wees through?

thepurist

If idris Elba is going to be Bond, how about Daniel Craig as the Doctor?

Edit – @wwaswas yes, but the reason you never see them going is because of the number of buttons they have to do up afterwards – they’re covered in them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How about ..

Or..

unovolo
    Free Member

Mary Berry, then we can have a Gingerbread Tardis, and some Daleks made from Meringue

Northwind

Ray Stevenson. Started typing that as a joke, changed my mind.

Look at that- Doctor eyes.

Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever seen this suggested though maybe I’ve just noticed, but Tilda Swinton. Don’t know if they can afford her but she’d be bloody perfect.

Cougar

I’d be very surprised if there’s a female doctor (this time around at least). They’ve ticked that box with Missy relatively recently, it’d be seen as a cop-out to do the same trick twice so soon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oooh ho, so we’ve had “the good, the bad and the ugly” what about the sublimely beautiful ..

kelvin

Maxine Peake gets my vote.

drlex
    Free Member

House vote here goes to Richard Ayoade, but we’d all cancel evening plans to watch Tim Roth or Johnny Lee Miller.

slowoldman

Lenny Henry would be awesome, but given his generous height, they’d have to remodel the TARDIS front door.

OK then Warwick Davis. Seriously.

project
    Free Member

James May, eccentric, mad hair, overweight middle aged male,who likes assembling things, mechanicaly minded,slightly posh etc, just think what he could do with a sonic screwdriver.

Donald Trump, seems to be from another planet the press is trying to make the gulible believe, mad hair, strange eyes, charismatic personality, and a top bloke,most of the time.

Jeremey Clarkson, inteligent,personable,slightly eccentric views from a past age,chatty and funny,would soup up the Tardis, go faster stripes and a 0 to 1 million light years in seconds.

Sandwich

It will be an over priced under-qualified locum surely.

maxtorque

Dr Fox, because he already has significant Doctorial experience???

😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, sit right down, prepare for applause..

I give you…

Dr Frank n Furter..

It’s soooooo Obvz, I’m proud of bringing this to you.. (small finders fee applicable)

chakaping
    Free Member

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’d like to suggest Iwan Rheon.

And his Misfits colleague Antonia Thomas as the gorgeous doc’s assistant.

BOOM!

wordnumb
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Helena Bonham Carter.

She’d be bonkers at it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A bird with big norks.

Dr. Whooters?

CountZero

perchypanther – Member
    A bird with big norks.
    Dr. Whooters?

MoreCashThanDash

Dr. Whooters?

That’s ended a shit day with a proper LOL !

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘The next Doctor’ is closed to new replies.