Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • The last bike you purchased was……?
  • funkmasterp

Bought a Genesis Fugio 30 a few weeks back. First new bike I’ve purchased in years. Rides lovely and I just need to tweak a few bits. Shorter stem, some bars with more flare, setting up tubeless etc. My only bike at the moment too.

jkomo

Hey Ton, hope you’re well.

I’m thinking scotroutes wins the ‘I want that life’ competition for sure.

core

Merlin Malt G1X, lockdown purchase, played with drop bars a few times and ended up selling but thought I’d try one of the new breed of gravel bikes. https://road.cc/content/review/267516-merlin-malt-g1x-apex-1-gravel-bike

I’ve kept up with mates on fast(ish) road rides, set a couple of off road KOM’s and used it as intended for mixed terrain rides, mostly rural back lanes etc, and it’s been brilliant so far. I’ll probably go for slightly bigger tyres and a flared bar at some point, but I’d not change anything else. Oh, I do have a dropper post in it most of the time though!

Edit: I want that Fugio above, such a good looking bike! I will probably go tubeless when I swap tyres, and when I get new wheels for the MTB the old ones might be tried in the Merlin (650b). As an only bike the Fugio looks ideal to me.

boblo
    Free Member

onewheelgood

My 60th birthday present to myself was a Reilly Gradient built to my spec.

Now that is a nice looking boik 👍

halifaxpete

Orange Crush29 comp. afew months back. Love it, Compliments the old Five29 nicely

mudmuncher

Picked up my new Spur on Friday. First impressions are excellent. Had a T130 for 4 years prior so will be on this a while I think!

@lawman91
    – Nice, what was the lead time to get a spur. Just found out from Orbea the OIZ TR isn’t available until April

jamiea
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ

Starling Murmur

Is that Bixslade?

It is indeed.

stevextc
    Free Member

It was like this and about 1986.

I seem to have not bought any full bikes since.
    Then again managed not to buy any road bikes since…

metalheart
    Free Member

Start of July I ordered a Sonder Camino Al GRX.

Issues with getting hold of the groupset means that the build date is only slotted in for w/c 26th Oct.

I might have upgraded it a little… 🤫

Bought it for the seconded wave lockdown…

ta11pau1

This (frame, gearbox, belt drive) should be delivered around Christmas (2nd lockdown), there will be a build thread.

tthew

Those Fugio’s have a lovely paint job.

jimdubleyou

Cheap n cheerful Big Dog at beginning of year

Snap – in orange too.

Just ordered an Izzo, not due until December and I haven’t paid for it yet…

Northwind

Since I’ve not picked up the new one, here’s the last one, which ironically cost exactly the same, £30.

View post on imgur.com

booji
    Free Member

/Users/mikemachulik/Desktop/91887928_2699459693673609_978800004258856960_o.jpg

singlespeedstu

Paul.
    How does the belt fit on the Nordest?
    I can’t see a joint in the frame?

panzerjager
    Free Member

Just building my new Ripmo V2, waiting on brakes & a saddle at the moment, hopefully a ride & pics at the weekend!!

ta11pau1

Paul.
    How does the belt fit on the Nordest?
    I can’t see a joint in the frame?

Split chainstay. It’s very hard to see in photos but it’s there.

snotrag

This one, right back when they were first released and £149 for frame and headset. Absolutely hammered it for Spring/Summer during furlough when riding my Hightower was a bit overkill.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j2j5Jm]_20200515_141517[/url] by simonholehan, on Flickr

If the question is literal and we mean ‘full’ bikes, then not for decades, I’ve basically had two concurrent triggers brooms for bikes for years, they dont tend to stay the same for much more than a year. Serial frame swapper!

velocipede
    Free Member

Well, I ordered a Shand Bahookie Rohloff a few weeks ago and got some exciting pics today…..

Kryton57

@onewheelgood what are those tires please?   Paneracer….?   They look like what I may be looking for for my 80/20 road/towpath needs….

tinribz
    Free Member

Faran 2 finally turned up last week.

null

onewheelgood

@kryton57 yes, they’re Panaracer Gravel King SK (Small Knob, oo-er missus) in 43mm size. Pretty good on anything except mud.

singlespeedstu

Split chainstay. It’s very hard to see in photos but it’s there.

Cheers.
    Is it at the front or rear?

muggomagic

I’d been on the search for a hardtail for a couple of months. Wanted the 2021 Nukeproof scout pro but they apparently weren’t going to be back in stock until January but managed to grab the ‘21 290 race version. I wasn’t too keen on the colour initially but it’s really grown on me.

Already upgraded the recons to pike ultimate and deore 4 pots are on order. No more upgrades until stuff starts wearing out.

Bregante

About a year ago I stuck all the bits off my Arkose onto a bit of a bargain Niner RLT9 frameset. It’s good fun.

Gravel bike

ta11pau1

Cheers.
    Is it at the front or rear?

Rear of the chainstay, basically above the rear hub – those 2 bolts are where it splits.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Transition Scout about 6 weeks ago. Happy to be back on 27.5.

Kryton57

@onewheelgood Thank you! That solved the issue of 35mm Mich Power Gravel TL being out of stock – Merlin have the Panaracers on sale, now bought.

Some lovely bikes on here!

stgeorge

Ribble disc

I like it

p7eaven
    Free Member

Diamondback Sorrento with interesting seatpost arrangement

boardmanfs18

Faran 2 finally turned up last week.

Tinribz, interested to see how it rides, as looking at one of those to replace the CdF

hairyscary

A Specialized Status a few months ago.

Tyres were changed immediately to a pair of Michelins.

NX cassette changed to a Gabaruk cassette to save a chunk of weight. It took an age to arrive.

NX derailleur changed to an XO derailleur to have some sort of clutch to keep it quiet.

Shock tweaked to allow me to use full travel (original volume reducer was too big)

slackboy

Some old steel thing from the ’90’s

dandasbike
    Free Member

giant tcr

Giant tcr bought this summer.

lawman91

Picked up my new Spur on Friday. First impressions are excellent. Had a T130 for 4 years prior so will be on this a while I think!

@lawman91
    – Nice, what was the lead time to get a spur. Just found out from Orbea the OIZ TR isn’t available until April

@mudmuncher
    – I ordered mine before the launch, so 4 months! LBS have 2 in stock now, both GX’s in Black Powder, medium and large. They have another GX same as mine (large Deep Sea Green) due mid-November.

jameso

My furlough project – 6 weeks to figure out the details, order and have produced. Lugged, skinny steel tubes and traditional layout. Custom geometry combined with lugs was a fun 2D CAD puzzle. Metal guards and dynamo lights F+R and a mix of new stuff and bits from the spare parts box. Adapted an old tool roll to match the colour, finish and details of the Carradice bar bag. Rides beautifully and I even prefer the trad bend bars over the more modern shapes on my other road bikes.

my bike

gallowayboy

Some lovely bikes there, particularly the roadies.
    Last bike for me was a sh stanton sherpa frame, from stw classifieds two years ago. Invested in good wheels/fork for it.

for most of my Calderdale plodding its great. The full suss gets the odd run locally plus tweed valley or other trips – precious few of those at the mo.

stevextc
    Free Member

snotrag

If the question is literal and we mean ‘full’ bikes, then not for decades

I’m taking it literally so 1986
    Bought 2 actual new frames in the last month which are also the only new frames since 1986 as well yet both are 25yr old designs.

tinribz
    Free Member

interested to see how it rides

Maiden voyage felt smooth and light. Steering not quite what am used too, bit twitchy at slower speeds. Currently swapping over wider bars, stem, interceptor brakes and getting the height right.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘The last bike you purchased was……?’ is closed to new replies.