Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • The joy of toasties
  • rascal
    Free Member

A very different vibe to the job post I’ve just posted…

Mrs Rascal had this idea of doing toasties (in Percy Pig) for tonight’s tea.
    She made a pile that had various fillings including basil, mozarella, red onion, vine tomatoes, prosciutto ham and salami. Jesus Christ they were good…had three triangles but could easily have horsed into that amount again. So much joy for so little effort – all hail the (not so) humble toasties!! 😆

ton

tuna cheese onion
    corned beef cheese onion

perfect

khani
    Free Member

Pre cooked bacon, cheese and beans,
    Stewed apple, toasties don’t have to be savoury..

joshvegas
    Free Member

Egg toastie with runny yoke. My prodest culinary achiement.

myti
    Free Member

3 halves?! Not trying hard enough! There was a thread on this a while back which caused me to buy a toasty machine. Sausage and ketchup is lush.

rascal
    Free Member

Myti – I know – I had a naughty bag of crisps after as it wasn’t enough!

shindiggy
    Free Member

Classic molten cheese and ham for the win.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Time to search for the Brevil, Somewhere behind the George Foreman and the spiralizer.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Egg toastie with runny yoke. My prodest culinary achiement.

I know it’s the 500th anniversary of the reformation but extending it to toasties is a bit much. Think of the Roman Catholics 😆

Pyro

Classic cheese and pickle. Not something I’d normally eat, but I get a craving every now and again

andy4d

And for desert….a nutella and marshmallow toastie.

matt_outandabout

Strong cheddar and marmite on brown seedy batch.

Heaven.

binners

ton

Corned beef cheese onion

Is the right answer. Especially with a splash of Worcester sauce in there

Also cheese and pepperoni.

Mmmmmmmmmm….. I bloody love toasties! 😀

simondbarnes

My toastie maker died recently. I bought a new one the following day. Can’t live without one! Cheese, chorizo and onion is one of my favourites.

tails
    Free Member

I love a toastie but toastie machines have become very small. Are you supposed to remove the crusts first? Someone please invent a big single sandwich toaster maker.

WillH

Shredded roast chicken, avocado, cheddar, salt, pepper. Food of the gods.

grey

No.1 Café Inners for cheese and caramelized onion chutney toasty.
    My mouth is watering just thinking about it 😀

burko73

I messed up and replaced my broken breville triangle toasty maker with a std flat plate one that I thought would be more versatile and could do paninis etc. It is versatile but I miss those pockets of molten cheese you get when the triangle types fuse the bread together along the seam.

cheddar cheese and ham with onion and tomato is great. I used to divide a dairy lea triangle between each side as well for a special treat. try it.

my nan used to make me burger and onion toasties when I was a kid. just a std birds eye burger (pre cooked perhaps) with onions in it as well. Lovely with brown sauce.

Also I was telling my wife last night about the garage at Bonvilston on the A48 between Culverhouse Cross and Cowbridge. We used to sell xmas trees up the road and the garage was a top spot as they did pre cooked toasties of all flavours just piled up on the shelf in a paper bag if I remember. They were great and 30 secs in the microwave and bobs your uncle. Saw Tom Jones there once as well, can’t remember if he bought a toasty though…

fettlin

Mmm, toasties, Mrs F is on a late tomorrow so that’s tea sorted!

As for size, we get perfectly acceptable results from toasting in the George Foreman, just remember to press down hard you don’t get a sealed edge!

Oh, ham and cheese ftw!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Quail egg and truffle toastie for the win, maybe a little gold leaf to taste.

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheese and pickled onion with shit loads of butter on white bread.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Favourite snack these days is a toastie with thick cut home made bread, nice mature cheese, worcester sauce, bacon or ham, some chopped shallots all wrapped in foil and popped in the oven for 12 minutes. It’s a delight and cooks so nicely that way.

bighairydel

Dairy Milk

binners

Breadwise there’s only one option….

jimmy

I have the flat plate variation and burko describes my frustration well. I think it’s time to invest in the triangles.

Cheese and beans ftw

shermer75
    Free Member

Shit I might have to get a toastie maker..

garage-dweller

Was always my sailing club winter series lunch of choice. Cheese and ham or beans toastie and a portion of chips.

Panini = overpriced and never quite as good toastie.

kimbers

theres a downside to all this

that pile of congealed egg, cheese, bean juice, & chorizo fat that collects underneath & behind the toastie machine

(we used to have toastie making competitions on particularly heavy weed & hiphop nights at uni, the next day could be grim)

frankconway

Rascal – yum yum; any chance of an invite next time Mrs R gets out the toastie machine?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Buy a Waring toastie machine. Brilliant bit of kit.

wicki
    Free Member

Panini = overpriced and never quite as good toastie.

well said sir.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Fish fingers and Columns tartare sure

Delicious.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Beaten to it earlier in the thread ..but corned beef,cheese & onion is as near to perfection as you can get ..with maybe a little mayonnaise on the side of the plate .
    Lightly butter the bread to face the outside which will give it the perfect crunch .
    Our toastie machine is nearly antique and only does one at a time ..but I wouldn’t dream of replacing it for another ..

wilburt
    Free Member

Ran out of bread yesterday so had cheese on garlic naan.
    Tasty..think Indian Pizza.

wilburt
    Free Member

Fallen out with Warburtons over their tory sponsorship btw. Its come as quite a blow but presently settling Tesco’s OB farmhouse.

gozarch
    Free Member

Back in the days of working in the student bar / café, my filling of choice was ham, cheese, marmite and pineapple. Awesome.

binners

Pineapple? Marmite was bad enough, but pineapple?!!!!! 😯

I think you need to sit and have a think about what it is you’ve just said. Thats a crime against toasties…

senorj

Butter on the OUTside!
    Cheese & onion,smeared in ketchup. Always reminds me of my Nana’s kitchen and slicing my finger chopping the onion. 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Splash of guiness and a dollop of mustard all mixed in with grated cheddar.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yep Senor j
    Butter the first slice lightly and place it onto the toaster butter side down ..place filling onto this slice .
    Butter second slice and place on top of the other ..butter side up.
    Just a light coating ..but the toastie comes out golden with a lovely crunch to it ..give it a try ..then tell me it wasn’t the best ever 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘The joy of toasties’ is closed to new replies.