• This topic has 21 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • the iDave diet – how's it going?
  • headfirst
    Free Member

So how’s it going for you? Have you stuck at it?

I’m asking as somebody who is thinking of starting it shortly. Any top tips?

kevin1911

Week 1 – full of motivation and enthusiasm – lost 4lbs and felt (very) good
    Week 2 – slightly less motivation – lost 1 lb and almost keeled over in the gym
    Week 3-4 – back to normal diet while on holiday
    Week 5 – trying hard, but really struggling to be organised enough.

Will get back on it next week.

My conclusion is that it works, but you need to be organised and have inspiration for meal ideas.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I did it for about 6 weeks and lost a stone and a half, and have kept that off but arrival of new baby threw the organisation and any biking out of the window 🙁 will get back on it as soon as though as I felt great on it, although I still kind of make similar choices so I think thats why Ive kept the weight off.

willard

First two weeks were a joy and I lost a noticeable amount of love handle-age. Then I had to go away for a few days and fell off the wagon (damn you Stella!!!) and it’s been tough to get back on it.

I fully intend to get back on it though, as I did feel better and I quite enjoyed having a tub of mixed beans and pulses to work through during the day.

tails
    Free Member

Any top tips?

If you have a bad day jump straight back on it, a bad day is no excuse to give up.

Me I was 13.7 stone plus or minus a pound, this morning I was 12.3 I have been doing it for a while, can’t quite get under the magic 12 stone barrier!

Rupert
    Free Member

What is this mythical iDave diet I’m hearing all about? All searches lead back to the forum…! Where can I find it?

iDave
    Free Member

can someone please send me this marvelous plan?

Solo
    Free Member

Sorry iDave, it doesn’t work like that.

The author believes you should do something to get what you’re after.

If you mail me, then, I’ll send you a copy.

😉

Jamie
    Free Member
    nickc

Parp

ton

when this idave diet thing appeared on the forum i weighed 22stone 4lb, i did not do idave’s diet, i did a differant one…………i now weigh 19stone 5lbs………. 8)

iDave
    Free Member

wow ton, you must be so much better than me. have a badge

ton

dave, no better than any man mate, just a little bit differant………….
    not a bad thing is it??

Solo
    Free Member

wow ton, you must be so much better than me. have a badge

Bet hes still considerably heavier than yawooo, Dave.

So Ton, reckon you can stick to it ?, whats your goal ?.

Nickc. Too many beans mate.

And can you stand down wind next time.
    😉

ton

solo, hopefully 18/18.5 stone if possible.

Solo
    Free Member

Not far to go then.

Has this improved your riding ?

steve-g
    Free Member

I did it for about 3 or 4 weeks and lost the stone that I wanted to and I have kept it off.

Since then my normal diet has become maybe halfway between the idave plan and what it was before. I drink lattes in the morning and have omelettes for breakfast, eat rice or pasta at lunch most days, but tend to steer clear of carb heavy stuff in the evenings. And as per the plan I give myself saturdays to eat rubbish and avoid it the rest of the time.

Works for me

ton

hell of a lot to be honest.
    not getting tired on rides, managing to stay nearer the front on group rides without trying too hard.
    knees no longer hurting, and i can get in normal size (xxl) cycle clothing now.

donsimon
    Free Member

iDave – Member

I think there are rules and the first rule is that you don’t talk about the iDave diet.

If you want one, go and start your own!!! 🙄

I stuck with it for about a month and really enjoyed it… Now reverted back to my regular diet and still losing about 500g/fat per week, definitely worth a go. 😀

Solo
    Free Member

hell of a lot to be honest.
    not getting tired on rides, managing to stay nearer the front on group rides without trying too hard.
    knees no longer hurting, and i can get in normal size (xxl) cycle clothing now.

Thats a total winner, imo.

Less really is more.

🙂

scruff
    Free Member

I just did the 3 weeks but do now eat better since I stopped. I lost 2/3rds stone on the iDiet and another half since I stopped. Am getting lazy/drinking again though and not cooking good stuff so might iDTFU and get back on the 3 week program.

Solo
    Free Member

I think there are rules and the first rule is that you don’t talk about the iDave diet.

Second rule is: No holding of hands !.

Just kidding
    😉

Its bean good for me. When things get hectic, and prep time evaporates, then I just do what I can.

Otherwise, its all good and demonstrates that the advice/guidance kindly provided by Mr iDave, is effective, and that it won’t cause scurvy, hair loss or the gavitational field around you to disappear, only to see you float off into space.
    8)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘the iDave diet – how's it going?’ is closed to new replies.