Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • The great storm of Newcastle 2012
  • carbon337
    Free Member

OMG that was mental

A mate is walking from Newcastle to Sunderland as i speak. 30mile commute in 3 hrs for me.

Nightmare total nightmare

miketually
    Free Member

My sister just walked 4+ miles through waist deep water to get home. I’m supposed to be in the Toon for a meeting tomorrow morning, but I guess that’s not happening now.

molgrips
    Free Member

😯

Pics?

bwaarp
    Free Member

You think you’ve had it bad up North? We just had hail stones between the sizes of golf balls and tennis balls. Cars for miles in parts of Leicestershire have been totally written off!

Guardian picture of the ones he had today. They were bigger when they hadn’t had chance to melt or smash up on impact!

donsimon
    Free Member

What do you know? A spot of rain brings the Geordies to a halt. Lightweights. 😉

nickewen
    Free Member

Newcastle weather was pretty nuts like – think there’s a video kicking round on youtube of lightning hittin the Tyne bridge… However I picked a cracking day to work from home 😀 Me old man had quite a bit of foliage stuck in his gar grille when he got home mind and the bird got stuck on the a1 for a couple of hours.

carbon337
    Free Member

my kid brother has had to walk from the Metro Centre to North Shields. About time he did some exercise.

bwaarp
    Free Member

He had to walk? Pah, I nearly walked out my door to be mown down by falling chunks of ice travelling at terminal velocity! :mrgreen:

Drac

Newcastle weather was pretty nuts like – think there’s a video kicking round on youtube of lightning hittin the Tyne bridge

Pics and videos on the threads up there, not trying to kill this one just it’s been covered lots in your absence Carl.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Walking in North Shields? Is that safe?

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody hell … the sky suddenly turn dark and I thought the tripod aliens were invading …

carbon337
    Free Member

Pics and videos on the threads up there, not trying to kill this one just it’s been covered lots in your absence Carl.

You’ve been busy in my commuting hell absence then….

househusband

Us Scots had ‘Hurricane Bawbag’ last year – what have the Geordies names theirs..?

TooTall
    Free Member

Walking in North Shields? Is that safe?

Shields is positively gentrified these days. It went posh when Johnny Decker stopped sitting on dumped sofas at the bottom of Bedford Street to drink.

MrNutt
    Free Member

“the great northern wash”

carbon337
    Free Member

its half destroyed my ‘lotment

Drac

You’ve been busy in my commuting hell absence then….

Aye had the kids to look after so was at home.

project
    Free Member

Weird, ubelievably hot today in Chester, and bright very hot sunshine and winds tonight on the wirral.

nealglover
    Free Member

What’s been going on !

I’ve been in York all day and spent most of it outside in the sunshine sweating my ass off !

Drac

It’s clear blue skies up here now.

carbon337
    Free Member

not down here drac – looks like another thunder storm coming right now black as ink again

Drac

Crazy isn’t it so close and yet so different. Think I’ll get the dog out now then whilst it’s still good.

loum
    Free Member

Monsoon season. Expect this every year now 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

I just went out to have a quick look at the traffic in the toon which resembles far east traffic jam of 4 to 5 hours during monsoon season … everything has come to a complete standstill at the moment … people sitting in the car alone and with lights switch off.

MrOvershoot

project – Member

Weird, ubelievably hot today in Chester, and bright very hot sunshine and winds tonight on the wirral.
    Not really given its a 3-4 hour drive away
    Very hot & sweaty in Liverpool all day, now home near the Wirral its cooling off (thank god)

Gorehound
    Free Member

Boo hoo hoo it rained in newcastle. Typical barcodes twisting about a bit of watter. try living out in the sticks ya bunch of charvers.

CaptJon
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    I just went out to have a quick look at the traffic in the toon which resembles far east traffic jam of 4 to 5 hours during monsoon season … everything has come to a complete standstill at the moment … people sitting in the car alone and with lights switch off.

Still jammed up?

I usually smile as i cycle past a queue of cars on the way home, but i delighted walking past them on Osborne Rd earlier.

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptJon,

Yes, still very from Gallowgate, Chinatown, St James, Barrack road leading to the bridge.

Been jammed since 4pm I think … I went to a TK Maxx and they were closing earlier to let staff go home while I thought they were going nowhere at all. There were also extremely long queues of people waiting for bus at around 5pm.

😯

carbon337
    Free Member

Im due to be in the office at 7 leaving home at 6 – quick BBM to the boss…. he says work from home.

As he sits pissed as a fart in town cos he cant get back home to Tynemouth. Well he probably could have got him if he hadnt made the decision to “go for one” whilst it passes. He is spending the night on a colleagues sofa.

Bonus… I get to clean my roadbike ready for the cyclone on Saturday.

Drac

Boo hoo hoo it rained in newcastle. Typical barcodes twisting about a bit of watter. try living out in the sticks ya bunch of charvers.

I don’t live in Newcastle.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I wonder if something is closed around there. I can see the Great North Rd from my flat and there is normal levels of traffic on it.

Are all the bridges open?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’m in Preston for work and the hotel has filled up with Scots who can’t get home cos of the landslide on the West Coast line.

Drac

I think it’s the East Coast Molgrips near Berwick, unless it’s both.

Yup both.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-18623801

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member

I wonder if something is closed around there. I can see the Great North Rd from my flat and there is normal levels of traffic on it.

Are all the bridges open?

I was at St James park and went up stair to have a look and I could see as far as the junction to Westgate road but everything was at a standstill. Many long faces … so anyone going out tonight try not to agitate others unless you want to get into a fight … errmm hangon that’s the norm here … LOL!

carbon337
    Free Member

edited – ignore

CaptJon
    Free Member

I hope it is sorted by the morning, we’ve got 5000 prospective students and their parents coming to visit university.

carbon337 – Member
    Both East and West coast mainlines were off according to the BBC

It is all part of the SNP’s devolution plans.

carbon337
    Free Member

I cant see some of these main roads being clear. That coast road one is mental

Findus Spine Rd

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556053_10150901815123994_432182121_n.jpg

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member

I hope it is sorted by the morning, we’ve got 5000 prospective students and their parents coming to visit university.

That depends on how fast the water is clear into the river …

Which department are you in because the Business school is just right in the centre of the jam. 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

The underpasses at Brandling Park and Exhibition Park are still flooded.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘The great storm of Newcastle 2012’ is closed to new replies.