Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • The Great Dirtworker Debate!
  • NorthShaun
    Free Member

To all of those who got a cheap dirtworker from Halfords… Well Done,, but it seems you’re either faking it or just plain mistaken! I visited several Halfords in the North West, ranging from Preston to Bradford (and every store in between) but to no avail!
    With my lack of success, I phoned up the Halfords customer (no) helpline, I even had the product code. The very (un)helpful lady on the other end of the phone insisted that the product was unavailable, had never been available, and all the people on all of the forums on the internet that were claimimg to have gotten a cheap dirtworker from Halfords were either mistaken or lying!

Speaks volumes about Halfords I reckon. Mebbe they’ll be the next to go bust as a victim of the credit crunch, as they plainly can’t keep track of their stock!

Luckily, bought a cheapish one off Dickydutch who posts on here!

wildrnes
    Free Member

go to bolton NOW

they have one there

if you are too slow
    give the numptie the product code and ask them to do a search of the uk of stock levels

there is one in doncaster, one in barnsley

look in the jet wash isle (at the bottom) big white box) looks nothing like a dirt worker

atlaz
    Free Member

They have loads of stock that they can’t track. I got a crud catcher for 2 quid in one (when I was hunting for a Dirtworker) but they said that it wasn’t in the “usual systems”. The Dirtworker I bought was the last in the area (was the third Halfords I’d tried) and they seemed surprised they had it still.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s ever been stocked as a ‘dirtworker’. Equally when i phoned up they were clueless and had never heard of it. Asked them to check the stock code and it came up (as obselete). Spent 15 minutes in the store and they finally found it.

wildrnes
    Free Member

12 v pressure washer btw

peteimpreza

What’s the product code? Might give my local store a go this weekend.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think the problem is that they never really sold at £85 so they shoved them into end-of-line bins to clear them then discontinued the product code. So although the central computer has them, the store doesn’t always put them out nor does it care about them. Which is why they’re cheap 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member
    wildrnes
    Free Member

when i went in the Manager was adamant that there was no dirt worker in the building
    she did look somewhat silly when i waled round the corner with it in my arms tho

don’t trust the shop staff, have a look in the jet wash section on the floor

ask them to look up the product code, it will then give a store location code (where it should be in the store, look on the store map, go there and buy it

(its what i did)

Marmoset
    Free Member

How much are they going for then?

trickydisco
    Free Member

£24.47

wildrnes
    Free Member

plus petrol

there is a store down south which has 5
    and there are some in bangor and cannock
    i can’t remember anything else sorry

atlaz
    Free Member

Alledgedly they’ll move stock between shops if you ask nicely.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Its important to quote “12 v pressure washer” and the item number otherwise there computer wont recognise it.Awesome product though and very happy with mine.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

They don’t have any in my local Halfords.

If someone goes in and manages to find one, could I trouble you to buy 2 if they have them, and I’ll reimburse plus postage and a bit of beer money too?

Cheers,
    ant

Frankers
    Free Member

After reading this post an hour ago thought i would just try my local Halfords in Nuneaton by phone, Yippee one left and just got back from picking it up…….thanks for the tip off!!

Wanted one but was too tight to pay the full price

grumm
    Free Member

None in Lancaster. Somewhat surly and unhelpful lad in there eventually had a look on the puter and there is 1 in Bolton and 1 in Middlesborough apparently. I would also be interested if anyone can still get them in their local branch – 25 quid plus postage and beer money etc.

Archaic
    Free Member

I have phoned around and can confirm there isn’t one in Bolton as a guy went and looked for me. They were showing up in a few other stores too. I would like to get one also if anyone is able to get hold of more than one. Beer tokens et al would be waiting of course 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

One in leek

goog
    Free Member

I got mine

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that metal brush on the right may be a touch harsh on your arse?

wildrnes
    Free Member

don’t trust the surly lad behind the counter
    the store manager assured me that there were none in stock

Rich
    Free Member

I just went and looked/asked in Cannock.

Nothing on the shelves and the guy said it may show on the computer but there isn’t any in stock.

He had no interest in looking out the back for me. 🙁

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

non in cornwall, although the utterly unhelpful and ‘could’nt care less’ assistant that i spoke to could’ve been saying that just to get rid of me… i mean perish the thought that someone at the customer services desk has to actually help anyone!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe I should risk speaking too soon but I popped into my local store today but they didn’t have one. The girl checked the computer but said there were no others and they couldn’t ordr more from the supplier now. Tried another store and the girl was very helpful, she when through the national list of who had stock while I jotted down some names. Rang one and gave them the item number and he looked and said they should have one in stock. Had a look on the shop floor but couldn’t find it. He took my number, said he’d have a better look and get back to me. He actually did what he said and called me back. It’s now been put aside uptil a mate of mine in next over there on business.

I’m normally one of the first to slate Halfords but I must say, they’ve done very well today.

Rich
    Free Member

gavtheoldskater

non in cornwall, although the utterly unhelpful and ‘couldn’t care less’ assistant that i spoke to could’ve been saying that just to get rid of me.

I got that distinct impression too.

They dont want to sell the things!

djglover
    Free Member

I decided not to spend 60 quid in diesel driving round looking for one and just get a old rug to wrap my bike in when it’s in the car.

easygirl

went into bolton today at 1300 and they had one in stock £24, its in my garage now!
    If you ask them to put the product code in and search its shows all the branches where they have them in stock, saw it wiv mi own eyes governor. had one in aintree

Rich
    Free Member

The guy where I went just said the computer was wrong, end of story!

👿

Andy_B

I got one today. I phoned up and they said they had one in stock but that information could be unreliable so he went and checked and found it and put it aside for me. Top service from Halfords. I live in a flat and have no outside tap or hose or anything like that so I can’t tell you how chuffed I am. 😀

skiprat
    Free Member

I have a spare boxed Dirt Worker for sale. Its brand new unused.

Anyone interested? drop me a line at chris.morton@virgin.net

I’m in Barnsley so if you want to meet to save on postage thats fine.

Archaic
    Free Member

Skiprat ygm 😉

Philby

Working in Somerset today so popped into Halfords in Taunton on the way home. Said they hadn’t got one but according to the computer the Bridgwater store had one. Apart from that their computer said stores in Cwmbran, Merthyr and Pontypridd (or pool – can’t remember which) had one, and there were some in the North East.

Drove up to Bridgwater and gave the guy behind the counter the item code and he didn’t even look at the computer, just popped into the stock room and reappeared a minute later with a big Dirtworker box – result!! £25.00 with a 2.5% reduction on the VAT making it the grand total of £24.47!

Quick, helpful and pleasant service at both Halfords in Somerset.

Those still wanting one should pop into one of the Welsh stores on their next trip to Afan or Cwm Carn.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Don’t suppose Bridgwater have any more? The Taunton one was reserved & bought about 2hours before I went in for it! 🙁

spooky_b329

Went in Sunday, 1 in stock on computer but no-where to be seen – two staff were searching for 10 minutes 🙂 They told me a few stores that had stock, but then I went back in the following day to ask them to transfer it for me as I wasn’t going that way for a while.

All the stores that previously had stock had now sold out…in 1 day! Found one somewhere random that is on its way to me…could take up to a month though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If anyone is interested, Halfords in Balham (SW London) has one left.

Well they did have at 5.30 this afternoon when I bought the second to last one 8)

dcl

Have just picked up my Dirtworkers!
    Took alot of work with halfords but eventually a local store located some in Southampton and they TNTed them to my local store and because it didn’t arrive on time didn’t charge. The guy at the store in Southampton originally said they didn’t have any but checked and found the 2 I got.
    There is hope. try the south devon stores. They seem most helpful at trying to locate them then phone round yourselves. Good luck!!

BlobOnAStick

Well, I got my ‘ClartClearer’ for £15 plus a bit of ‘modding’.

One of these: Pumpy thing

Take an old shower head, saw off the rose and replace with the nozzle of a silicone sealant tube (I stuck them together with silicone and then taped around the handle and nozzle). I then put this on the pipe rather than the supplied shower head – I’ve kept that for using it as it was designed for.

It pumps out an arc of water approximately as far as a dirtworker, but the volume of water is much lower (diameter of the jet is about 3mm) so it’s less thirsty, but slower to clean bigger areas or larger collections of mud.

Sorry if off topic of this thread……

Ben

grumm
    Free Member

ernie-lynch – any chance of going back and getting me one for postage and beer money? ;p

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

any chance of going back and getting me one for postage and beer money?

I’m pretty sure it’s gone now. A mate of mine was in a Halfords branch yesterday, and where as Balham was showing 2 dirtworkers on the system on saturday, it now isn’t showing any. I’m almost an hour’s drive away, so can’t pop round to double check 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘The Great Dirtworker Debate!’ is closed to new replies.