Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • The first Poppy rant of the year.
  • zippykona

That moment on Face Book when someone you respect more than anyone else, that person who you know has their head screwed on the right way ,that one person who you can totally trust when the shit goes down posts a blah ,blah remember them Poppy post from the **** Dorset knights Templar.
    Then you post a link to the royal British legion saying share this rather than the views of ignorant **** and they like your comment.
    Seeing her this weekend , hopefully I will have got over it by then.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Are the Dorset knights templar a right wing FB group or something?

allthepies
    Free Member

zippykona

Are the Dorset knights templar a right wing FB group or something?

Yes.

Drac

wwaswas

As rants go it’s brilliant – I have only a vague idea what’s upset the OP.

10/10

perchypanther
    Free Member

You have chosen your rant……..poorly

Drac

We’re getting closer, anymore clues?

oldnpastit

Do people still use Facebook?

Drac

Do people still use Facebook?

About 2 billion yes.

zippykona

Ok.
    1. Respected ,trusted friend shares a “we will remember them “ picture on FB. Nothing wrong with that.
    2. Next item on the shared page is all about how we will all have to be black,Muslim,lesbians by this time next year and how Enoch Powell was the best prime minister we never had.
    3. Most Poppy pages on FB are on a similar theme.
    4. Alert my friends to this.
    5. They like my post. Including the people who post up the the hijacked Poppy threads in the first place.
    6. I am then made angry by their stupidness.
    7. I then tell people I don’t know all about it on the internet

gobuchul
    Free Member

Is this them?

http://www.ktdorsetwilts.org.uk/index.html

Seem like a well grounded reasonable bunch. Quality website and interesting attire.

I wonder if they also do car leasing?

Drac

1) True.
    2) Did they share that page post?
    3) Are they? You have an odd facebook feed.
    4) To what?
    5) I’m lost now?
    6) Maybe they didn’t read the other posts?

wwaswas

We’re rightly proud of our history and our traditions, but we’re quite clear that the Masonic Order of Knights Templar has no direct links with the medieval Order – although our regalia is based on the clothing worn by them, and our ceremonies recall the history and activities of that Order.

Summary: we like dressing up and inventing odd ceremonies.

Drac

Mountain bikers.

kelron
    Free Member

Maybe your friend shared the image without looking at the rest of the page?

zippykona

Kelron, thank you.
    Gobuchul. I’m not sure if that is them and I don’t want them to have the satisfaction of me clicking their page to find out.

Alphabet

We’re rightly proud of our history and our traditions, but we’re quite clear that the Masonic Order of Knights Templar has no direct links with the medieval Order – although our regalia is based on the clothing worn by them, and our ceremonies recall the history and activities of that Order.

Summary: we’d like to be one of the Knights Templar but we haven’t been invited so we’ve made our own club.

binners

Surely after the whole EU referendum thing, we all now know which of our ‘friends’ are a bit Fascisty?

crankboy
    Free Member

Knights Templar International are the neo Nazis who link to BF and EDL , they use poppies and puppies to gain clicks and likes and possibly harvest details.

I tend to point out the source of the meme to the person sharing it , and defriend hardened offenders , amazing how many of my old school mates I’ve culled this way.

wwaswas

5plusn8
    Free Member

Wait till you see what the Apprentice **** woman has posted about it…

wwaswas

Wait till you see what the Apprentice **** woman has posted about it…

Calling her daughter Poppy so she won’t forget?

I called mine “BinsOutTuesday” for similar reasons.

Davesport

Err, get rid of FB.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Seeing her this weekend , hopefully I will have got over it it over her by then.

Oh, and…

Ken Clarke. 😉

Rich_s

I wonder if they also do car leasing?

Proper lols

Drac

Err, get rid of FB.

So he should get rid of his facebook account instead of challenging these beliefs? Seems an odd stance.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Nice to see the thread heading the same direction it does every year with Wwaswas trying to take it that way.

Zippykona, she may not realise what was linked to her post she shared. If she does then let her know how strongly you feel and as result it has ended your friendship.
    If you are getting lots of hijacked Poppy Appeal postings on your facebook you probably have lots of people that you need to unfriend too.

nickhit3
    Free Member

So he should get rid of his facebook account instead of challenging these beliefs? Seems an odd stance.

tbh its probably the fastest, least painful way the OP can move on with his life.

aP
    Free Member

My local authority has zip-tied plastic poppies to every single lamp post in the Borough. I’d rather that they spent that money on the people that the Royal British Legion raises money for TBH.

nickhit3
    Free Member

My local authority has zip-tied plastic poppies to every single lamp post in the Borough. I’d rather that they spent that money on the people that the Royal British Legion raises money for TBH.

surely the visibility and show of respect across that region has a greater value than any monetary amount?? can you be sure they are not donating/facilitating remembrance events in your area?

hardly seems like the worst financial indiscretion a council could make. It’s part of a bigger picture is it not?

Junkyard
    Free Member

So he should get rid of his facebook account instead of challenging these beliefs?

they should definitely challenge these beliefs but they must never ever say that anyone who has these beliefs is stupid or that in order to agree with such views you would personally need to be made more stupid.

Wookster

I fu d the Dorset Knights Templar almost and smile inducing g as the Surrey Chapter of the Mongrel Mob…..

MrOvershoot

binners – Member

Surely after the whole EU referendum thing, we all now know which of our ‘friends’ are a bit Fascisty?

Oh yes a few really made me question my original judgement of them.

natrix
    Free Member

Bring back Zippy’s rant, down with guy fawkes and stuff that like….

RobHilton
    Free Member

I got some poppy cufflinks recently,
    I really like them.

Edit: I never wear a paper one, though cos I’m waaaay to cool – something of a rebel, I like to think – a modern-day Gandhi, possibly.

Or a Guy Fawkes for our time.

What do I win?

Nico
    Free Member

surely the visibility and show of respect across that region has a greater value than any monetary amount?? can you be sure they are not donating/facilitating remembrance events in your area?

hardly seems like the worst financial indiscretion a council could make. It’s part of a bigger picture is it not?

Yes. A big picture of knee-jerk mawkishness.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Knights Templar? Do they do shrubberies?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Here’s a better one, on behalf of a colleague…

Visit RBL stand in supermarket.. ooh shiny poppy ‘yes, weve only got a few of those left, those are a £2 suggestion’ the person says. Lovely says colleague and makes said purchase.

The rant? the poppy seller didn’t expand their message to ‘yes, weve only got a few of those left because they are last years so say 100 years of the somme on the leaf

Now my colleague looks like a massive cheapskate reusing last years poppy 🙂 first world problems

nickhit3
    Free Member

A big picture of knee-jerk mawkishness.

jesus i thought i was cynical. how depressing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The first Poppy rant of the year.’ is closed to new replies.