Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The film Drive
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Good film. Gleaming soundtrack.

I’m going to go home and dance in front of the mirror.

RealMan
    Free Member

Really looking forward to seeing it, it’s getting great reviews.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

watched it last week

Pleasantly surprised.Bit gruesome but v stylish and soundtrack is good.

would wholeheartedly recommend

noteeth
    Free Member

Bit gruesome but v stylish

Agreed – a bit heavy on the old ultraviolence, but otherwise an 80s design classic.

stanfree
    Free Member

Really enjoyed this as well , Good to see Bryan Cranston as the garage owner and Ron Pearlman as the jewish mobster. Probably the best film Ive seen all year.

jimification
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good too. The lack of dialogue from the main character was unusual but quite refreshing.

richmtb

Enjoyed it too, not what I was expecting (thought it was going to be more of an out and out action flick) but the better for it.

Reminded me of a Michael Mann film, the way it was shot.

grievoustim
    Free Member

richmtb – it is very similar plot and style wise to Michael Mann’s Thief, and the helicopter shots of LA at the start did remind me of Heat as well

It’s a really good film – second film this year to make me wince at scenes involving Hammers and head mashing, the other being “Kill List” which is also all kinds of ace

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i want to see this even if it is just because the poster seems to be the same as Repo Man. And if it’s as good then it’s money well spent.

Creg

Hopefully going to see this on Thursday. First trip to the cinema in about 3 years. Looking forward to it 😀

franki
    Free Member

My bro. could only just sit through it, he reckoned it was total garbage and by his own admission, he watches a lot of crap films. 😉

fennesz
    Free Member

+1. Top movie.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

One of the best films so far this year.

alba23
    Free Member

whippersnapper – Member
    Repo man is it all that?
    Great soundtrack but nowhere near as good as i remembered when i watched again earlier this year.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

franki – Member
    My bro. could only just sit through it, he reckoned it was total garbage and by his own admission, he watches a lot of crap films.

have a mate that watches nothing but crap films. Everytime I recommend something he hates it.which is what I expect as all he ever watches are crap films ….if ya get me.

(This better than Repo Man)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Repo man is it all that?

probably not to be honest but I certainly enjoy it

grievoustim
    Free Member

he reckoned

Never trust an opinion proceeded by the words “I reckon”

hels
    Free Member

Is there not some daft plot device whereby he only drives his customers for five minutes ? How likely is that ? Surely that is down there with the famous “it was all a dream I had in the shower”. I’m out already on that count, suspend disbelief yes, but rub our faces in ludicrous plotting as you have no better ideas, no.

gonefishin
    Free Member

No, it’s that he’ll only wait for five minutes whilst they carry out whatever robbery they want. Once the five mnutes is up, he’ll be gone.

Personally I didn’t really like the film. Beautifully shot, and the first robberey sequence is very well done but Ryan Gosling can’t pull off acting whilst not talking (he’s certainly no Gary Oldman). I just didn’t beleive in the character. Also the violence, although not that frequent, was way OTT in places.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Saw it last night. I enjoyed its pace and the lack of senseless dialogue that often accompanies this ‘type’ of film. First half quite different to second half but in a very good and contrasting way.

Good soundtrack too.

Kind of reminded me of a western, something with Clint playing an honourable but violent and ruthless man.

7/10

hh45
    Free Member

Is there not some daft plot device whereby he only drives his customers for five minutes ? How likely is that ? Surely that is down there with the famous “it was all a dream I had in the shower”. I’m out already on that count, suspend disbelief yes, but rub our faces in ludicrous plotting as you have no better ideas, no.

This is a minor point so dont be put off by it. Its a great film, well shot and along way from some boggo standard action film. The violence is a bit nasty but its over quickly enough. First film I’ve seen in 4 years and well worth it.

jackthedog
    Free Member

A beautiful picture with a score to die for. Loved it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The film Drive’ is closed to new replies.