Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Yup, not going to see anything this evening.

Did you see those two numptys sat out in the rain with just shorts, t-shirts and an umbrella each?

Menkul.

shermer75
    Free Member

only 3 sets of extreme wet tyres for the weekend.

This seems like a crazy rule to me. What happens if it rains every day? The cars just stop running?

cp

Yep

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

what a lovely show.. merc must have a super computer weather machine that told toto to stay home for the day

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If your name was Toto and a hurricane was coming then you’d stay stay at home too. #wheresdorothy?

trademark
    Free Member

If your name was Toto and a hurricane was coming then you’d stay stay at home too

😆

Brilliant!

scotroutes

This penalty that Vettel has for the engine change… if the US GP is cancelled, does that penalty carry forward to Mexico?

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting question. I’m almost hoping not, given that it appears Red Bull were holding off on the upgraded engine and penalty to Mexico 😈

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Is qualifying still on tonight then?

Can’t see anything to say it won’t go ahead yet.

shermer75
    Free Member

No one seems to know but current talk is of FP3 deciding the grid, which would put it at LH – Hulkenberg – Bottas

shermer75
    Free Member

Then Sainz – Kvyet – Ricciardo – Rosberg – Massa. Vettel came 2nd but has ten place penalty for engine change

shermer75
    Free Member

My mind is still boggled by that 3 sets of wet tyres only rule. That’s just not enough, is it? There’s five sessions over a race weekend. The drivers will still risk going to the end of the race even if their tyres are knackered. Doesn’t seem that safe, does it?

andytherocketeer

thought if enough of the FP sessions are declared wet, then they get a bonus set of wet and/or intermediate tyres?

but even then, like they did last time out, they’ll sit out a session and not waste them.

I guess it’s all logistics. Do the sums for the total number of tyres that need to be sent to a race (and presumably Pirelli make a few extra for contingency). It’s a lot of shipping crates, for a tyre that probably won’t be needed at 80% of the races.

aracer
    Free Member

That wasn’t the implication of what I read – you’re probably right about it being a logistics thing, and they can’t suddenly magic up another set.

I presume to make 4 sets available would eat too much into Bernie’s profits.

Of course as it’s turned out here, 3 sets probably will be enough, though that clearly wouldn’t be the case if all practice sessions took place and all sessions needed Extreme Wets – especially if conditions in the race changed so they wore out a set as it dried but then needed a new set when it rained again.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

still a bit moist.. I wonder when they are going to call it off. my guess the crowds would sue if they closed it early.
    News that Jolyon palmer is the lotus second driver.. those doors are closing quickly..only manor and haas with free seats and maybe kvyat / sainz not confirmed.

aracer
    Free Member

Now gone back another half hour – I didn’t get the impression the weather looked like improving, if anything the best looking slot on the forecast has been and gone, so it doesn’t look promising (unless you’re LH with a pre-booked pole).

aracer
    Free Member

Woo, they’ve managed a qualifying session – and two Maccas through to Q2, one in the top 10.

andytherocketeer

Q3 abandoned?

aracer
    Free Member

Looks like it. Looks like it’s the right decision – they should have all known they were potentially racing for starting position every session, and there isn’t the same thing as normal with Q3 drivers having to start on the tyres they qualified on, so it simply gets rid of another random roll of the dice on who gets good track conditions.

Klunk
    Free Member

mclaren even with the new engine in conditions that should negate some of the merc engine advantages are still way way off the pace. 2nd best chassis who are they trying to kid ❗

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Fairly aggressive start from Hamilton, but he’s not putting distance between himself and anyone else. The change to slicks is going to be key I think

Pook

Rosberg to be swamped by the bulls

Edit: oof. There you go. Cue whinging..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Dry lines appearing, can’t be long for slicks now

bruneep

Go Daniel

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Here come the slicks

Exciting stuff

Pook

Hammertime

bruneep

Ha ha well done Kimi

Pook

He’s just playing the PlayStation.

ironnigel
    Free Member

Kimi! That’s Sisu.

Got a love the fella.

crazy-legs

It’s interesting racing when you get some changing conditions, overtaking, tactics and crashes. And a fair amount of luck for Lewis Hamilton!

Pook

Straight sprint.

Klunk
    Free Member

too many safety cars for an open circuit and much too slow clearing the cars

Klunk
    Free Member

the mid field racing is nuts, three abreast 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

well done lewis

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sounds like an epic race. Well done Hamilton – well deserved this year I’d say, certainly matured as a driver since 2014.

andytherocketeer

blimey.

and i bet there’ll still be a naysayer claiming procession

mashiehood
    Free Member

Well done Lewis – making Britain proud

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That was a brilliant race

Nico looks might pissed off though!

Pook

What a tit!

Why do I get the impression that rosberg is going to complain?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Thing is he’s been hammered this season and a new father so I suspect he can’t get no sleep, from being hammered and the kid keeping him awake!
    He’s a great driver but not in the elite band. No shame in that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.