Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • the "classic" threads on here….
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Was that the announcement of further terrorist attacks in London, which actually turned out to be a recording of the radio broadcast?

That was Woppit

NZCol

I also remember someone (postierich?) outing himself as a thief and then having to vigrously defend himself for years ?

ononeorange

The swede’s fannybashers thread for me as the all time best. Does anyone have a link – I don’t remember when it was?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I remember when this was all fields, far as the eye could see.

The night beer got outed as a troll.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wish I had links for:
    Churchmouse – something to do with a girlfriend or a girl that was fancied?
    Houns cruisin’ at the gym…
    a mouse in a sofa?

TBH I may well be making those up, it’s all a blur.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

The small rodent trapped in someone’s sofa was an absolute gem.

nosemineb
    Free Member

What about the flaming and pitchforks of that lee guy from the classifieds, that had the burning car rolling down a hill with exploding penguins! Also the headset crown race stupid question one was pretty good.

DavidB
    Free Member

Sadly the Parrot trolling thread has gone as it was old forum. I have never laughed so much in my life and wish I’d kept the subsequent email ticking off from Chipps.

jmason
    Free Member

What happened to the singlebrick thread ? Any1 got a link I can’t seem to find it

stewartc
    Free Member

Is the ‘remove one letter from the movie title’ thread still going?

Answer my own question: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/think-of-a-film-remove-one-letter-from-the-title-describe-the-film

BlobOnAStick

The one where someone was looking for free graphic design work for a video he’d done. He got shirty when someone pointed out that it was a skill worth paying for. I recall some did do a design for him which involved rainbows flying out of a cyclists backside.

Nearly had an accident reading that one…..

lowey

Personal Fav’s were

Team (Richie) McCoy – Until everyone found out he actually has AS

47 (I think the ginger one) – Outed by one of the girls for sending cock pictures to her.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh! I just thought of one – the “Searching for Dave of the Surrey Hills” thread. Classic… I’m sure the poster won’t want to be reminded 😀

Sorry mate, found it Anyone recognise this chap (oh man, I’ve got tears just from reading the tags!)

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Has anyone got a link for the tubeless thread? I’ve only ever seen the photo pop up in the odd thread..

Houns

I too would like to read the gym girl thread. 8 years ago that was now! Saw her a few months ago, I had a lucky escape!

Sadly 95% of the best threads were pre hack

tomhoward

Just read a couple of pages of the bum wiping thread, had to stop as I couldn’t stiffle the laughter and I’m in work 🙁

mogrim

The one where someone was looking for free graphic design work for a video he’d done. He got shirty when someone pointed out that it was a skill worth paying for. I recall some did do a design for him which involved rainbows flying out of a cyclists backside.

That was the sublime work of Mrs. Toast.

DezB
    Free Member
    Cougar

The link to the archived Badger thread is on that Photoshop thread, too.

http://www.lost-soul.co.uk/drac/Singletrack%20-%20Mountain%20Bike%20Magazine.htm

Bunnyhop

DezB

Ooh, ooh! I just thought of one – the “Searching for Dave of the Surrey Hills” thread. Classic… I’m sure the poster won’t want to be reminded

That was mentioned on the first page. I have just re read it and had tears rolling down my face 🙂

Houns – gosh can’t believe that was 8 years ago, arrrgghh (were you called ‘The Money’ back then?)

mogrim

Because it deserves reposting.

DezB
    Free Member

That was mentioned on the first page

Ah yes, silly me 🙁

That Badger thread – how things have changed… can you imagine someone on here these days trying to stop having the pee taken out of them by getting aggressive!

Jamie
    Free Member

What happened to the singlebrick thread ? Any1 got a link I can’t seem to find it

?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rate-my-brickie

andrewh
    Free Member

Was the gym girl one the one where the bloke wanted to ask someone out and wouldn’t? Did we ever get an answer to that, did he didn’t he?
    Also, I can’t find the one I was thinking of but this was the resulting pi$$-take http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dealing-with-a-liar

soobalias
    Free Member

ah, pre-hack…….

psling
    Free Member

DavidB – Member
    Sadly the Parrot trolling thread has gone as it was old forum. I have never laughed so much in my life and wish I’d kept the subsequent email ticking off from Chipps.

That was a good one. Didn’t the ‘other forum‘ get in contact with STW via their legal team or something over that one?

DrP

Retrotastic!

DrP

wwaswas

The small rodent trapped in someone’s sofa was an absolute gem.

‘Dick’s shrew’

Must have been years ago.

Family buy Ikea sofa after much wrangling.

small daughter finds comatose shrew and brings it into show dad.

rodent recovers and dives into sofa, but how to remove it?

Was the jist.

Oh, and he had a railway carriage in his garden he was trying to finish painting so he could go riding at the weekend.

CountZero

I’d forgotten the free video artwork thread, and Mrs. Toast’s sublime creations. Thanks for posting that one, mogrim.

DavidB
    Free Member

That was a good one. Didn’t the ‘other forum’ get in contact with STW via their legal team or something over that one?

No, the owner just squawked to Chipps. I think Brant started it, but I got the blame.

ssboggy

One of my favourites is kaesaes Asda thread
    Pity the photos of the decking have gone but it’s still funny

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we please have this as a t-shirt, Mrs Toast? Pretty please? Can we? Can we? CAN WE?

Just imagine if you saw someone else wearing one! You could instantly know they were from STW and run away screaming to avoid them say hello!

andrewh
    Free Member

Should easily be doable. There are places where you can take in any photo and they put it on a t shirt for you. I have one with a picture of my housemate, she was not amused!

ononeorange

Plus 1for a t shirt! Can we commission Jo burt to do it?

Cougar

Just imagine if you saw someone else wearing one! You could instantly know they were from STW

Just imagine if anyone else saw you wearing one! They’d instantly assume you were an uphill gardener.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘the "classic" threads on here….’ is closed to new replies.