Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The Boss Confirms Glastonbury…
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Anyone else MEGA excited about this????
    I cant wait!

matthewjb
    Free Member

If I had tickets then I would be.

Looks like he’ll be touring later in the year so I’ll have to wait til then.

Neil Young looks like being the Saturday headline as well.

charlierevell
    Free Member

He’s playing Rock Calling @ Hyde park on the sunday and Glasto on the sat.
    Tickets for Dublin were £220!!! Makes Glasto seem cheap!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Hopefully he’ll confirm some more dates.

Old Trafford last year was pretty special.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Is it just me who thinks it’s a bit stupid that the headliners of glastonbury are all ancient bands from way before my time? When I went, the bands headlining were bands that were actually big at the time, whereas this year, the three people headlining this year (if the bbc is to be believed), are Blur (40 year olds, 10 years after their last big hit), Neil Young (64 year old, 30 years after he was big), Bruce Springsteen (59 year old, 20 years since his hits).

I guess with the £175 ticket price, you have to cater for the oldies – it isn’t like many young people can afford it nowadays?

Joe

BoardinBob

There’s a lot more to Glastonbury than the main stage

noteeth
    Free Member

There’s a lot more to Glastonbury than the main stage

Joe Bananas blanket stall?

Harry_the_Spider

Cider bus?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

smelly people?

the headline acts over the last few years haven’t incentivised me to go at all, apart from maybe Jay-z, and I don’t listen to his music.

Springsteen – dull. Still, I suppose it’ll help meet the noise abatement requirements into the night when everyone’s comatose.

Smee
    Free Member

Glasto is, or atleast was, about jumping the fence.

noteeth
    Free Member

Been ten times – enough for me, I think.

charlierevell
    Free Member

How can you diss Bruce Springsteen? He’s a legend… his music is good for all ages!
    His last hit 20 years ago? He’s just released a new album, and it went straight in the top 10.

Went last year for the first time, its not just about the music!
    £175 for a weeked away? I’d spend £150 on three nights out in town and i’d certainly rather spend it on a good bit of live music.

willard

Ah yes, but don’t you think that being there, hanging out with all the drugged up smelly poeple is a little bit passe?

I like live music, but I would seriously avoid Glastonbury because of the people I know that have been there.

soobalias
    Free Member

speaking from experience, or read a review in the telegraph?

noteeth
    Free Member

I like live music, but I would seriously avoid Glastonbury

Does not compute.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Glastonbury isn’t full of smelly people any more. It’s full of very rich kids who get the ticket bought for them by their parents, and old people.

Overheard at Glastonbury 2004, referring to the woman from Morcheeba or some band like that – “Gosh Giles, she is a jolly fine filly”, which kind of sums up the type of people who go nowadays.

And it isn’t £175 for a weekend away – it’s pretty hard to spend less than £250 on it, if you include buying food and drinks and stuff, and if you’re not a stingy bring all your own food type who has all the camping gear, you could easily spend £300-400.

Joe

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I went to Reading last year, and whilst the music was good, the festival experience is frankly a bit sh1t.

I’d rather spend the £150 or whatever it is plus travel on a few bands playing smaller venues.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am old and grumpy enough to be excited about the prospect of Springsteen, who is fantastic live even if his music is descending into a recycling of old songs. But I didn’t go to Glastonbury when I was young and cool, and I’m not going to spoil it for the youth of today by turning up now. 😉

ransos
    Free Member

Glastonbury used to be quite edgy, but has become very middle class and middle of the road in recent years. Not too surprising given the cost of tickets and the fact you can’t jump the fence any more.

On the plus side, you’re far less likely to have your tent burgled.

noteeth
    Free Member

used to be quite edgy…but has become very middle class

I was middle-class* in 1992… 🙂

My dad used to help run the medical facilities (being a local GP) – always made for a “clinically interesting” weekend.

*Given the role of Arabella Churchill, did it actually start out as “ruling class”?

nickc

Last time I went (last century, I love saying that 🙂 ) it was already getting all corporate. Remember thinking “what’s that big red tent”…turned out to be Vodafone….Same year, my brother got mugged. Didn’t feel like it the following year….

llama

We’re doing something different this year for a change. But we will be back.

Yes it is expensive. If you think £170 is alot I have to pay for missus llama and one of the (not so) little llamas too. Yes it is middle class. Yes its corporate (seemed less so last year). Yes the main stage headliners can be a bit past it. BUTif you were really there back in the day* then it will always be something special.

*when this was depends on the person of course

charlierevell
    Free Member

Are the acts a bit old hat due to the fact that we cant produce good NEW music at the moment? And that everything thats in the ‘charts’ is manufactured?

llama

they are not all old – e.g. like it or not, Jay Z last year, but you generally have to have been around a while to fill an arena the size of the pyramid. Loads of unmanufactured acts at glasto.

mav12
    Free Member

seen the boss 6 times now hoping for more uk dates there is a gap before glstonbury hopefully manchester

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The Boss Confirms Glastonbury…’ is closed to new replies.