Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • The biggest advance in MTBing in the last decade…? Discuss…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Mboy – just to play you at your own game – I’m sure we had tyres 10 years ago

Haha, yes, we did… My point being though, that they were either skinny light XC tyres, or they were full on DH race tyres, there was nothing inbetween for the 90% of us that just like riding bikes yet want something still biggish and grippy, but not too heavy or slow.

bigad40
    Free Member

Ride to work scheme?
    Decent energy bars.
    Bike test rides, on the hills I ride.

mboy
    Free Member

Ride to work scheme?

Nah, that’s just resulted in lots of 2 ride old £1k Boardmans littering up ebay!

😉

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I guess it’s already been said but the net has boosted the way, what and where I ride the most. Watching the pro’s do massive whips off cliffs on monster bikes has me popping over roots like a man possessed.
    With people like Danny Mc and Chris Akrigg introducing more and more people to what can be done on a bike means more and more money can be made and thrown into the industry.
    It was all there 10 years ago but with the world becoming more and more obsessed/dependant on it for its hive mind, it’s impact in the last decade is immensely widespread.
    Modern bikes individuality seems to have grown also. Fat bikes, 10″ DH rigs, 26″, 29″ 900cc, free-ride lite, burley xc and so on. Even road bikes have started to look cool (ish)

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘The biggest advance in MTBing in the last decade…? Discuss…’ is closed to new replies.