Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Cougar

At the risk of a thread derailment / tangent, do you all watch Chuck as well?

To my embarrassment I’ve only seen the first episode, but it’s been on my radar for a long time as something I’ll enjoy. Seems to have the same sort of geek humour as TBBT.

Eg, he spends most of the pilot ep with plasters on the ends of his fingers. Later there’s a party and he’s finally, shyly talking to the girl he has a crush on. She asks him about his fingers, has he been in an accident? Oh, no, he says, new Call of Duty.

Probably loses something in translation but it made me think “we shall do well here.”

Innes
    Free Member

The Big Bang episode where Sheldon is in the Ball Pit was the best ever, I could watch that over and over.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU[/video]

busydog
    Free Member

Mrs Busydog and I both think it is a truly funny show–genius in it’s humor.
    Sheldon has some cool t-shirts as well

spacemonkey

Yep, TBBT is proper funny. Very clever in its attention to detail and with excellent dialogue.

Don’t get to watch it as much as I used to though 🙁

cove123

+1 love it, even got my 9yr old singing the theme tune!!

dux
    Free Member

Loved it since episode 1, cracks me up every time. Penny…Penny….Penny
    One of my favs is where Sheldon has coffee for the first time

frazjones

love it , sheldon steals the show,and like chuck too .

mboy
    Free Member

It’s funny, but a bit of a guilty pleasure… I’ll watch it if I know nobody else might catch me doing so, but it is quite a cringeworthy watch (well Sheldon is) if you’ve never watched it before. Took me a few times before I started appreciating his comic over reactions were all part of what makes the show funny.

busydog
    Free Member

I think their episode titles are really creative as well

busydog
    Free Member

Along the lines of TV—-
    Is The Office still on in the UK. I used to watch the US version,but it isn’t the same after Steve Carrell left. Never saw the UK version, so don’t have any direct comparison

choron
    Free Member

As a long term student/academic/geek, I thought I might like it. But I hate it. Lazy stereotypes and rubbish plots, combined with pseudo-scientific tosh just wind me up.

A much better series about universities is Community.

bobbyspangles

the big bland.

how tiresome….

whatever next? 2 and a half men?
    as groundbreaking as a nun on a spacehopper.

TooTall
    Free Member

whatever next? 2 and a half men?

Actually, no. That was first, then Big Bang. Same guys behind it.

Funniest thing on TV – it even tops My Name is Earl.

retro83
    Free Member

Got hooked when I flicked onto it once and saw Sheldon quip about reinstalling all his operating systems.
    😆

Raj and Howard’s characters seem pretty weak but still watchable.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Love it,

samuri
    Free Member

At the risk of a thread derailment / tangent, do you all watch Chuck as well?

/tumbleweed. 😉

I like big bang but chuck for me is very tedious. only watched a couple of episodes and got bored.

but good call on TBBT, I’ll add the box set to my amazon wish list.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Like choron, I don’t find it remotely funny, the laughter track especially does my head in. But the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same stuff.

MrNutt
    Free Member

nun on a spacehopper? where?

16stonepig
    Free Member

Also love it. I think Amy is turning into the new best character, especially seeing her come out of her shell with absolutely no social tact whatsoever.

I also watch Community. How can you not love a show which calls one episode “Advanced Gay”?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Besty!!

Phah.

F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

Amy Farrah Fowler, woof.

And bizarrely, the actress, after being tv’s Blossom, got a doctorate in neuroscience. [/quote]

If my geek-fu is appropriately strong today, I believe she has a doctorate in neuropsychology. TV’s Blossom was also suggested as a member of the Physics Bowl team before the character was introduced.

There’s a good Nerdist podcast from Comicon with a panel of the Big Bang Theory cast.

F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

In other news, I’ve now found out you can’t do nested quoting.

I’ll go and sit in the noob corner.

_tom_
    Free Member

Raj is a really annoying character.

scuzz
    Free Member

Used to really grate on me, I’d enjoy it if the ‘smart’ bits were of xkcd quality, but they’re not. It’s just bland ‘laugh at the socially retarded geek grappling with this social situation’ over and over again. Now I’ve filtered it out and it doesn’t annoy me much, but it still doesn’t make me laugh.
    Maybe I’m comically maladjusted, I prefer more twisted humour…

bobbyspangles

they are all really annoying characters.

it goes round and round and round

portlyone

I’ve liked and loved TBBT from ep 1. It does get a little stereotypical but there are some “comedy gold” moments. As mentioned above the cameos are great and the little nerdy bits rae fun to watch for.

Chuck is a great idea that should never have lasted more than a season.

bobbyspangles

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbebgh72G9o[/video]

duckman

BBT is genius, one of the few things worth watching on the box (apart from 9hrs of rugby this weekend)

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I’ve tried to watch BBT but comes across to me like one of many annoying US sitcoms; I started to watch the one with the balls but got bored.

Is The Office still on in the UK. I used to watch the US version,but it isn’t the same after Steve Carrell left.

Not on AFAIK but I watch it on the web. James Spader sort of replaced and Steve and he does well. Andy Bernard is the manager now, I like him but the failure of him and Erin to get together and the way it plays out annoys me. Has its moments but peaked in the 3rd and 4th seasons I think. Interestingly the 1st one, which was based on the UK version, was the worst.

Houns

Sounds like some of the characters are too much like like some on here

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

me too. not sure why but I always enjoy it.

Penny (knock) Penny (knock) Penny EDIT (missed a knock)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Awful program.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘The Big Bang Theory’ is closed to new replies.