Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • The best city you have ever lived in?
  • finners

+1 New York 🙂

twohats
    Free Member

hora – Member

Best? I'd love to live in Brugges or Edinburgh.

Ha, Brugges, tourist central with zero soul or any pm activity. You'd be pretty bored if you lived there. Far better city's in Belgium if you want a vibrant place to live.

noteeth
    Free Member

Wells. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Tunbridge Wells? Thats got to be duller than Brugges…..

But thats missing the point. We went allover Brugges and the residential areas are a sea of calm. Plus easy accessible to France/other parts easily. Sooooooooooooooooooooo relaxing.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Glasgow was ace, wouldn't want to go back there now, but in the mid – late 90's it was home and it rocked.

Edinburgh, never really got on with it… moved out to a village outside after a year but it never gelled.

Stirling, fantastic place. Small enough that you can get out in no time, good folk and well placed for anything in Scotland.

Kirkwall, stretching the definition a bit… but it does have a Cathedral and did have a castle until Cromwell burned it down, magnificent. Best folk you could meet, there is *some* riding in the vicinity (not much altitude admitably, but there are worse places). Just love the place. I had planned to head back that way from Stirling, possibly via Inverness (which is a favourite place of mine)… but accidentally moved to the Lake District instead.

Maybe oneday.

noteeth
    Free Member

Tunbridge Wells?

Lord, no…. Wells in Somerset. Population of roughly 10,000 – but it does have a cathedral.

Also, Bristol = the British San Francisco.

hora
    Free Member

Bristol = the British San Francisco

Ah, the Clifton suspension bridge/Golden Gate reference?

noteeth
    Free Member

The Bridge. The music scene. And the mud… hang on, I've not thought this through.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

UK Edingburgh

Angers abroad

tankslapper
    Free Member

Belfast – best city in the world, best looking girls and best bars.

Caher

Luzern, Switzerland. Huge lakes, and mountains on the door step, a biking culture; road and off-road trails everywhere. And when you get to know some of them the natives can be friendly.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Hora – member
    I was in Hudds town centre yesterday and I wanted to machine gun everyone in sight. Then open a camp for the remainder and experiment on them.

I think that says more about you than them Hora! (Lived in Holmfirth for 25 years)

I now live in Brighton, and although I get a bit nostalgic when I visit the folks up north I would NEVER go back, mainly due to the warmth/proximity to sea/variety of riding/access to other countries that living on the south coast gives you. I do miss proper beer though.

p.s. in a head to head between huddersfield and Croydon, Huddersfield would win every single time!

DrJ

Belfast – best city in the world, best looking girls

Obviously a man who has never been to Copenhagen 😉

tails
    Free Member

p.s. in a head to head between huddersfield and Croydon, Huddersfield would win every single time!

Not saying much though is it, Croyden the ugliest town ever.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘The best city you have ever lived in?’ is closed to new replies.