Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • STW Kirkby Stephen ride – Nov 1st ROLL CALL
  • DeeJay
    Free Member

Looks like about 20 of us taking on the elements tomorrow 😈

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Nice one,looking forwards to it 😉

stumpyjon

I'm sat here waiting for Graham, looking out the window and thinking Oh my gawd………

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

think i am gonna put on my full latex gimp suit………..
    all warm and cosy on the inside……… 😉

izakimak
    Free Member

thr joy of rain.

taka
    Free Member

looks like its be lovely summers weather for you today
    NOT! HAHAHAHA :mrgreen:

sheldonstarkey
    Free Member

Sorry all – 6 am and it were howling down so pulled the plug! Gay I know…

Hope a good ride was had tho.

Trekster – any pics? See ya on the 13/14/15th Nov!

clareymorris

Hmmmmmmmm – that was fun!

I'll let the boys fill you in when they are home ;-D

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Thanks to Dee Jay for organising it,Its an exellent route,with some great singletrack, and a shame things diddent quite go to plan,"Pulls out another thorn!"

We will meet up again soon 😀

Trekster

Trekster – any pics?

..forgot to take my underwater camera 🙄

Sorry all – 6 am and it were howling down so pulled the plug!

..yeah and all the water from Congleton fell on Kirkby Stephen 👿

See ya on the 13/14/15th Nov!

Yup.
    A Dalbeattie & Mabie weekend if anyone is interested, with pub crawl on Sat night 😛

Cheers DeJay & co for organising, will hope to make some others if not working etc. Weather is not a problem usually 😐

For anyone who needs to know I was the wee guy on the smaller of the 2 black Blue pigs, Ton was on the other one without stickers.

Vortexracing

Wet was it?

ton

was it wet, was it **** wet……………………
    just a tad.. 😉

DeeJay
    Free Member

The rain was of biblical proportions – the wind was of hurricane strength at times – the combination was HORRENDOUS – and then there were the thorns!!!

To the 20 who turned up – I salute you 🙂

DeeJay
    Free Member

These are the only photographs I managed to take – they were taken just after the first deluge at the car park before it settled into a steady downpour!

scotabroad

The two pints of Black Sheep made it all worthwhile.

By 'eck that were wet and wild! 🙂

stumpyjon

Bl**dy wind, blew me into the big patch of heather, then the heather ripped off my rear mech (bit of an extreme way to bail from the ride I know especially as everyone else was already halfway down the road back to Kirby Stephen).

Finally got the remains of the mech hanger off with a vice and molegrips but it looks like part of the mech got bent along with one of the KCNC jockey wheels 👿

The good news is CRC have a sale on (anyone noticed that?) which means a new mech will be what I expected to pay, £70 rather than a rather ridiculous £ 125. At least I didn't get a puncture, was I the only one?

Anyone know of a way of keeping your feet dry? Felt quite smug at the start with my Gortex boots and waterproof socks, not so smug half way around when they had filled up to the ankles.

hp_source

home and dry again now, heating on full blast… punctured bike in shed, still, at least it's nice and clean 🙂

Cheers DeeJay for sorting out the route, shame we didn't get to ride it all. There's always next time.

Anyone else surprised nobody got a puncture on their way home?

lowey

What, you mean your cut the ride short ??

Dear god, turn my back for one second and look what happens.

I;ve sat in a leisure centre in Preston all day listening to the rain hammering down on the roof. Must have been tough for you lot. Character building.

izakimak
    Free Member

I blame lowey 😉 There i've said it.

First of all i nearly didn't get there, then when i do it's pissing down.

We all set of and within about a mile half of us have got puncture's, get them sorted, carry on and within about another mile, it's round two of who's got a puncture, that just about set's the precident for the day. Stumpyjon end's up with a knacked rear mech, were all soaked so we bail to the pub, have a drink and go are separate way's, then to top it all of my **** car breaks down and i have to spend an hour and a half waiting for a mechanic to come and have a look at it and another hour waiting for a recovery wagon to come and take me home. Bastard. 👿

lowey

Jesus, what a nightmare.

How come Junkyard didn't go ?

DeeJay
    Free Member

How come Junkyard didn't go ?

sensible, thats why 😉

ton

cos bombadildo was gonna clip his lug for him……… 😉

clareymorris

Characters well and truly built 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Characters well and truly built

do you mean "embittered" ??

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

thanks for organising what would have been a good ride dj,except for the weather which no one can control .I'm not one to start rumours but I swear i saw lowey doing the navajoe rain dance in bolton town square .

mart

lowey

I would be lying if I said a wry smile of relief didn't cross my face whilst listening to the mounting tempest.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

"do you mean "embittered" ??"

I think Clares well educated SFB,but not [/i]Thatwell educated! 🙄

ton

GaVgAs
    nice to meet you and clare mate….
    will deffo be up keswick for a ride before the new year….

Dalesbikecentre

Applaud you fine folks who rode in that on Sunday.

Deejay, on sunday morning after putting sand bags in front of our bike wash I was thinking about the Kirby Stephen ride. Sometimes the mountain bike gods go against you and by god you folks got it on Sunday in an almighty fashion.

Good effort – Hard Core!!!

Stu

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think Clares well educated SFB,but not That well educated!

er, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand "bitter", and anyway, she's no slouch – she could tell I was huggable :o)

Trekster

Stu @ Dales

If it hadnt been for the punctures caused by a farmer cutting/shredding the hedge on the first 2 bw s then I reckon we would have been out a bit longer. The weather was nt too bad, it did brighten up.

I kinda liked it in perverse sorta way..have a bit of a rep for doing daft rides in daft weather 🙄

all punctuation marks removed to stop daft things `appening to post!!!

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘STW Kirkby Stephen ride – Nov 1st ROLL CALL’ is closed to new replies.