Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • The Awesomeness of Nicolas Cage
  • johndoh
    Free Member

He’s fantastically bad in loads of films and actually good in a small number

Agreed – I love Leaving Las Vegas

sowler
    Free Member

Not enough Face Off mentions in this thread.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Lord of War was good, say what you like about the rest.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I thought 8mm was an OK film. Not awards quality but I didn’t want to hurt the TV for showing me it

thols2

I think his best stuff is awesome. His bad stuff is awful. There doesn’t seem to be any mediocre stuff. One of the worst films I’ve seen was Sonny, which NC directed in and also had a small part. There was nothing to like about that film, despite a top grade cast.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305973/

franksinatra

Can Air and Face Off are both guilty pleasures, I love them!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I saw Willys Wonderland last night.
    Action/horror/comedy and funny in places.
    Cage doesn’t speak. Not once. Just comes across as deranged and dangerous. I enjoyed it but will never see it again.

martinhutch

Loads of great films – Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Kick Ass etc – and loads of decent brain-out entertainment – Con Air, The Rock, National Treasure. And some magnificent tripe.

Kuco

No mention of Windtalkers or City of Angels

Though I love The Rock and Face Off for brain off entertainment. And whats not to like about Con Air with John Malkovich and Steve Buscemi and the other well know dodgy actor John Cusack

thols2

No mention of Windtalkers or City of Angels

I enjoyed City of Angels when it came out, but it suffers from being a remake of an (apparently) great movie. Remaking a classic is always a mistake because you will never measure up to the original.

Klunk
    Free Member

No mention of Windtalkers

the a team (TV show) on steroids

Mikkel
    Free Member

thols2

dudeofdoom

It’s because for the most part you know what you’re going to get. And it’ll probably be entertaining in one way or an other. He’s got more Oscars than a lot of actors too.

Yep , There’s not many 80’s film stars
    So prolific in their output and most of it is enjoyable, as opposed to poor old Bruce W who seems to pick any old shite.
    (Couldn’t actually watch Breach to the end)

dudeofdoom

Lord of War was good, say what you like about the rest.

Yep this one of my faves as well.

Lester
    Free Member

i liked Next

but the worst film he ever did, was Ghost Riders, truly awful

eddiebaby
    Free Member

(Couldn’t actually watch Breach to the end)

Be warned, the new one Cosmic Sin is far worse.

euain

Think of all the people that have drowned though – Spurious Correlations

Is the price worth it? 😉

poah
    Free Member

I’ll watch a movie just because NC is in it TBH. I like him even though he is kinda 1D.

kimbers

Enjoyed these 2

Includes this classic cage

Colour Out of Space was really good

pondo

Anyone who gets teeth pulled out for a role is a dude by me.

thols2

Klunk
    Free Member

Nick hamming it up.

damascus
    Free Member

Nick hamming it up.

It looks terrible and fantastic at the same time

racefaceec90

well i like him.

yes he is one dimensional but i love some of his films for sure including wings of the apache (it had sean young in it so that may have been another reason i liked it as a teen back in the day).

con air, face off, the rock, raising arizona, wild at heart are all fims i can happily watch when i see them on tv.

you also cannot accuse him of lacking a work ethic either (i mean for sheer number of films maybe not quality 😉

Cougar

Good god I need to watch that film yesterday, that’s amazing. Nic Cage as Dracula is solidly in the “why hasn’t anyone thought of this earlier?” bucket.

dudeofdoom

Yep, that does look er, good 🙂

I’m currently watching ‘what we do in the shadows’ thou.

MSP

A shit load of alcohol, cocaine bear followed by Renfield has got to be the ultimate lads night in for 2023.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Is anybody else seeing the love child of Ray Reardon and Jools Holland in that character?

hightensionline

With less boogie-woogie piano, hopefully.

That looks bonkers, in the way that only Nicolas Cage can pull off. He’s becoming immortal.

fossy

Just watching Renfield now. It’s actually really good. Gory and funny. Mr Cage in a not shit movie for once.

fossy

Oh and the lady cop is the voice actress for Disney’s Reya the Last Dragon. She has a potty mouth (swears).

Cougar

Is anybody else seeing the love child of Ray Reardon

🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for that, I just about swallowed my tongue.

Speeder

Watched The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent a couple of weeks ago expecting very little but absolutely loved it.

A really great film, we even watched Paddington II off the back of it a few nights later. Not quite as good, if only because we spent the whole movie trying toimagine how any of these people could afford to live in Notting Hill (as with a lot of British movies)

wooobob

I love NC. Mandy is fantastic. As above, I’d watch (and have watched) any old crap if he was in it (although not always make it through to be totally fair). Forgot about Renfield, might watch it tonight.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.