Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • The Awesomeness of Nicolas Cage
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Has there ever been any other actor so prolific and so batshit in so many roles? I mean Klaus Kinski did some crap stuff as he hated not working and admitted he’d do any piece of crap rather than stay at home but Cage does the crap and overacts the bejesus out of it. I’ve seen a lot of his recent stuff over lockdown (jiu jitsu was monumentally bad) but the new one looks even more up his street.

Wally’s Wonderland.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8114980/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Poopscoop

Color (sic) out of Space is actually pretty good if you haven’t seen it. Pretty unsettling actually.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I watched it but made the mistake of watching Mandy the same evening. All conflates to one OTT experience.

funkmasterp

Can’t beat Cage. He’s fantastically bad in loads of films and actually good in a small number. I suppose that’s what happens when you spend all your money on castles and dinosaur bones without paying any taxes. Love the guys commitment. He’ll take on any old shite to pay the bills, but goddamn he’ll give it his all.

The history of swear words on Netflix is a particular low point yet he manages to do all the acting it’s possible to do in the first ten seconds of the opening episode.

jambourgie
    Free Member

He’s one of those actors that seems to have been really prolific, and yet, I can only think of two (great) films he’s been in – ‘Wild At Heart’ and ‘Adaptation’.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I loved Snake Eyes and have huge soft spot for Face Off. And Kick Ass obviously.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

He’s Somerset’s best known actor. No – really – he spends an inordinate amount of time in his cottage there.

dazh

Watched Knowing with NC last week. Quite possibly the most silly film I’ve ever seen. Thought it was some badly done horror but turned into a preposterous ‘aliens save humanity’ plot about 5 mins from the end. I’m sure they thought it was a great twist, but it was on a par with the Colbys.

mattyfez

Meh.. I do love a bit of NC but it’s a bit of a meme now.

RustySpanner

Michael Caine?

Jaws: The Revenge was on the other night.

“I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific”. 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Quite possibly the most silly film I’ve ever seen.

Wait until you see jiu jitsu, a low budget martial arts version of Predator.

montgomery
    Free Member

can only think of two (great) films he’s been in – ‘Wild At Heart’ and ‘Adaptation’.

Birdy. Come on.

mrb123
    Free Member

Leaving Las Vegas?

funkmasterp

I can only think of two (great) films he’s been in – ‘Wild At Heart’ and ‘Adaptation’.

Raising Arizona and Leaving Las Vegas? For guilty pleasures Con Air is great and so is The Rock. Both ridiculously good brain off action fare

robowns
    Free Member

I can’t think of one good Nick Cage film. I include the above in that consideration.

Edit – I’ve overlooked The Rock, apologies.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The Rock
    Con-Air
    Gone in 60 Seconds

All classics!

Drac

I’ll add

Bringing in the Dead.

War Lord

Wally’s Wonderland looks absolutely daft fun and who better for that part then cage.

kilo

Red Rock West, Great film. And Lara Flynn Boyle.

kayak23

Raising Arizona is fantastic.
    He should have stopped there.

fettlin

“Put the bunny back in the box”, so much acting in seven short words, genius!

binners

Does anyone know how many times he’s said the line “I jus’ wanna get hone to my wife and kids” in terrible films?

In our house we always utter those words, said in a NC voice, as shorthand for something that’s so bad that it’s utterly unwatchable, just before it gets turned off

He needs to watch himself though. He’s getting some serious competition for the shite film top spot from Liam Neeson and Gerard Butler

flannol
    Free Member

The Rock
    Con-Air
    Gone in 60 Seconds

Agree, thought/think these were/are excellent. Also as stated above, Lord of War was good.

I’m sure the rest is trash. Trash sometimes makes for excellent viewing though!

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed “mom and dad” for gonzo cage.

b230ftw
    Free Member

I really like the National treasure films. Just a good action film. Not everything has to be Oscar worthy, for me a film just needs to entertain.

wordnumb
    Free Member

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Cage and Connery – does it get any better?

DezB
    Free Member

Of all the actors in the business, he’s definitely not one I’d start a thread about. Kick Ass is great in spite of him… I do like a couple of his early films, but he’s a bad parody of himself these days.

Daffy

The Rock,
    Gone in 60 seconds,
    National Treasure 1 and 2,
    The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,
    Matchstick Men,
    Lord of War,

Are all decent watchable films.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

He is a bit like some Australian musicians who have been around for ages and are generaly mediochre but with a few highlights and then you realise after 30 years there are more highlights than you remember.

BTW if you are a Nicholas Cage fan you NEED this Gone in 60 Seconds art work almost as soon as I finish it next weekend.

sharkattack

Can’t wait to rewatch Mandy. I’m saving it.

beaker

Don’t think I’ve seen Wings of the Apache mentioned above… I suspect there is a reason for that though.

damascus
    Free Member

There’s still time

Tom-B
    Free Member

You know if Gone in 60 Seconds is being touted as a career highlight, then there’s some absolute shockers in there 😳

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Look, I am just trying to flog my paintings…

northernmatt

Someone I worked with had/has a profound hatred of Nicolas Cage. At one point we printed out sheets and sheets of tiny pictures of his face and sellotaped them to everything we could find. Those tiny reminders of Cage were still popping up well over a year later.

Anyway, I for one cannot wait for the release of The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. Sounds epic.

dogbone

Started watching ‘Next’ with the kids at the weekend. They were amazed that a film could be that bad.

Hot 20 something jumps into bed with 50 something with bad hair within 12 hours for no reason. Creepy.

I’m a fan of NC movies. Mostly because Mrs.10 hates him and doesn’t understand why I like his movies. It’s because for the most part you know what you’re going to get. And it’ll probably be entertaining in one way or an other. He’s got more Oscars than a lot of actors too.

rakas

Vampires Kiss?
    Contains an amazing, hilarious recitation of the alphabet.

Flaperon

Watched Knowing with NC last week.

I quite liked it. 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

My mum loves NC movies, and that is all I need to know.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.