Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • The Apprentice 2024
  • fossy

Thought it was 16mm 🙂

binners

I can’t believe neither team managed to get Jersey Royal spuds. They could literally have wandered into the nearest Spar shop. The whole place must be awash with the bloody things

”I’m a born winner”

”well you’ve been given 4 tasks and you’ve lost every one”

brilliant! 😂

crazy-legs

Just in case anyone is still watching this, it’s the interview round tonight which is more entertaining than the usual “here’s a task, watch them fail at it”.

I’ve kind of dipped in and out of it – I can’t watch the actual task, it’s too cringe for me. But the interview bit is more amusing, even if it is all staged.

myopic
    Free Member

I can’t remember a time when they had a more clueless bunch across the board. I’ve become increasingly disenchanted with it in the last few years and likely would have given up by now if Mrs M wasn’t as interested.
    There’s 2 left I wouldn’t rate as complete idiots, but I bet something horrible comes out if their interviews – either crazy unworkable business plans, or a big skeleton in their CV closet.
    On the business plan, why on earth isn’t this a criteria to make it on to the show?  In previous years, some people have been immediately rejected once their ‘business plan’ was established to be virtually non-existent or so speculative as to be worthless, meaning being on the show till that stage was a complete waste of time

myopic
    Free Member

and don’t get me started on the interviewers themselves….!

fatmax

The wife watches it. I gave up years back due to the cringe. But I do like the interview episode, so will tune in for that. Tonight?

chrismac

Surely a half decent business plan is an essential criteria for being allowed on the show. At least 2 of them anyway so the rest can be ridiculed as they are got rid of during the series

the-muffin-man

They only need 4 or 5 with decent business plans – the rest are there for comedy value. The ones with half-sensible plans will have been marked from the start.

Pie Man Pie had to have a decent plan or he’d have been booted out ages ago. Even if his business has lost money in the last year or two he still said they were sat on £700k in the bank. That’s a sound starting point for anyones investment – seems like he just needs some direction as it’s hard to do things differently when you’re in a family business set in its ways.

Flo was disappointing – all shiny business plan, but over ambitious. And why does S’Alan need another recruitment company?

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t get why Turkish Teeth man got to change his whole business plan at the very last minute (other than it is staged).

And the remaining woman – she has a gym in Harrogate. I live in Harrogate. I have never heard of her gym in Harrogate. No wonder she is struggling for numbers.

myopic
    Free Member

Fatmax – last night, but you’ll get it on iPlayer

Johndoh – I’m sure they wanted Turkish Teeth Man to change his business plan so Sir Alan could get his mitts on 50% of the existing profitable part of his business.  You could see TTM thinking, “hmm give up 50% of that for £250k?  Nah, don’t think so”

johndoh
    Free Member

*I’m sure they wanted Turkish Teeth Man to change his business plan so Sir Alan could get his mitts on 50% of the existing profitable part of his business. *

Yeah I get that, it just seemed weird that they swerved at the last minute – I haven’t seen that before (but I haven’t watched it all that much on the last few years).

razorrazoo

On the business plan, why on earth isn’t this a criteria to make it on to the show?  In previous years, some people have been immediately rejected once their ‘business plan’ was established to be virtually non-existent or so speculative as to be worthless, meaning being on the show till that stage was a complete waste of time

I do remember a particular contestant from a few years ago whose business plan amounted to 20 pages of logo designs, no doubt that the producers knew exactly that from the outset but the contestant still made the final 5.

Like with all (ahem) ‘reality’ shows the end result is not really what matters, it’s about getting the right mix of people to entertain the target audience.  I know people who work on well know reality shows, if you think the majority of the cast are unknowns picked off the back of an interesting application, then you’d be wrong.

Rich_s

Are we all ready for the final?!?

Who do we think is going to win, and why will it be the pie guy giving away half of £700k for the bargain price of just £250k?

bruneep

Like picking a football team at school 🙄

Rich_s

OMG!

MrOvershoot

Rich You need to get out more, those 3 kids of yours are sapping your life away!
    Oh well never mind you can always console yourself with LEGO 😉

the-muffin-man

That £250k will last about 2 months setting up a new gym!! 🤣

The money needs to be higher now, and surely S’Alan is getting paid more than that for the show. So it’s basically the BBC handing the money out.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.