Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Adventurer's Guide to Britain, ITV1 tonight at 7.30pm
  • Mounty_73

A spot of mountain biking…in the Peaks…

The Adventurer’s Guide to Britain, ITV1 tonight at 7.30pm

Mounty_73

Bump…………for the evening crowd 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

You’ve just got time to put the kettle on.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s $hit, don’t bother

Spin
    Free Member

Which Peaks?

steve_b77
    Free Member

THE PEAKS

simonralli2
    Free Member

Is it steep?

ITS STEEP!

One of the top 10 toughest climbs in the country apparently.

steve_b77
    Free Member

they’re fecked

simonralli2
    Free Member

They did it!!!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Very adventurous. Mountain biking on Tarmac 🙄

showerman
    Free Member

his shoes do not match his bike

Spin
    Free Member

THE PEAKS

WHICH PEAKS?

simonralli2
    Free Member

THE Peaks

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have to say though, it is not quite as good a programme as I had hoped, and the mountain biking didn’t really do the location justice really did it?

druidh
    Free Member

Wow! I see what all you Peak riders are going on about now. Gnar-fest!!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

it is rad to the max

Spin
    Free Member

THE Peaks

Nope, you’ve lost me. Where are these peaks you refer to?

jaylaz73

Glad I live up north after watching what the biking is like down south, ha he ho

gcubed
    Free Member

What do you think? Should they have shown the ‘This is Sheffield ‘ video instead? 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

In all seriousness, I wasn’t expecting gnar to the power of max, but it did feel quite low budget, or maybe just badly researched. It was as if no one on the program had ever gone mountain biking. It could have been a good opportunity to see some amazing cross country riding.

But as they said at the start of the programme, they only have 2 days in each location, and that obviously is down to the budget, so not much time to organise much and only really time to ride up a hill on a road and then that disused road.

Shame really. Maybe there will be more biking in other programmes. Their commentary was a bit on the dodgy side too but hey ho.

druidh
    Free Member

Yorkshire next week…

Charlotte Uhlenbroek and Gethin Jones visit North Yorkshire to explore the famous crumbling coastline. Taking to the chilly North Sea, they kayak to a remote cove in search of fossils, before Charlotte forages for wild food along the shore and Gethin tackles the highest cliff on England’s east coast.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s ITV. expect nothing and you may, very very possibly, be impressed.
    me, i’m not bothering to watch. they don’t make good outdoors-y type programmes.

crazy-legs

Weird cos the start of it (with that viaduct in the background) was Monsal Head but then they started going on about how everything was “within a mile of Mam Tor”.

Which is about 15km away…

I’d already seen an exchange on Twitter about it so I approached it with a degree of cynicism and I was still disappointed. Seemed to be an opportunity wasted…

Mounty_73

It was simply………..poo! 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Tsk… TV like that is designed to appeal to the AVERAGE viewer, not a bunch of hardcore mountain bikers who live and dream cycling. A serious Peaks trail with mud and gnarly bits would not have appealed to Mr and Ms Average.

rewski
    Free Member

Same issue as Country File, easier to shoot them on road when filming out of the back of a Range Rover. It didn’t take much imagination to realise the off-road potential. Refreshing to see ITV do this kind of programming, it’s a good thing surely?

bigdaddy

She was riding in jeans though, c’mon! It was a poor effort I thought. Microlighting looked preety cool though, wouldn’t mind having a go at that…

rewski
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with riding in jeans.

ThePinkster

I thought her commentry was like an over enthusiastic primary school teacher talkingdown to her pupils.

Was worth watching for the comp at the end though.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Adventurer's Guide to Britain, ITV1 tonight at 7.30pm’ is closed to new replies.