Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • That's it. I'm off…
  • druidh
    Free Member

I'm fed up reading on here and elsewhere that folk are off having an adventurous life on the road. It seems that every Tom, Dick and Harry is doing some long-distance cycle tour. From Mark Beaumont to the Ben Fogle, we're being fed a constant diet of escapism.

So, on Sunday morning, I'm packing my bike up and heading off on a journey, the magnitude of which still seems like a distant dream to me. My goal is fairly simple – head to California, then keep heading generally West to Moscow, before returning home to Edinburgh.

I'm sure I'll experience many unfamiliar (to me) cultures, there will be pitfalls and challenges, and no doubt some delights along the way. Even the language will be a battle.

I've warned almost no one about this, though my wife and daughter are very supportive. I don't expect to write a book, nor appear on TV, I'll be doing it all for myself.

So – stay safe everyone and I'll be in touch when I return.

saleem
    Free Member

Is that you going to bed for a cyclists wet dream??

samuri
    Free Member

Good luck. Let us know when your book is out.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair if you are indeed doing this some kind of video diary might be cool to keep.

saleem
    Free Member

uploads to youtube

radoggair
    Free Member

u on the vodka and coke again??

trail_rat
    Free Member

meadows doesnt have a C in in colin thus moscow is the wrong spelling of it 😉

ivantate
    Free Member

sounds like fun, i would probably stop in california.
    (looking at the timing of the post it does seem like a post pub decision!)

saxabar
    Free Member

Yup, I agree, the language in Edinburgh is a stumbling block. Seriously though, if you are doing it, the very best of fortune to you.

epicyclo

You'll end up living in North Queensland like all the other round the worlders.

Good luck 🙂

Alphabet

Can you get the TV crew organised in time?

bruneep

has he gone yet or did he sleep in?

Drac

I reckon he's got a puncture and turned back.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I'm guessing that this is Calfornia near Falkirk and Moscow near Kilmarnock.

MrGrim
    njee20
    Free Member

Haha! Awesome. Still a decent ride.

Drac

You had to spoil it Obi, a few were sucked in.

martinxyz
    Free Member

epicyclo, i read "queensferry" to begin with!

Woody
    Free Member

LOL! I'll be heading towards Quebec from my house outside Durham later this morning. If I'm feeling fit I can also take in Toronto and Washington and still be home for Sunday dinner 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Thanks for posting my POC elbow pads druid. 8)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘That's it. I'm off…’ is closed to new replies.