Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • That Mucoff power hose (Kaercher content)
  • jimmy

Watching the MegaSack video for the MucOff bundle, got me wondering whether Kaercher do a bike-specific nozzle / gun for their power hoses? I’ve been lazily using mine this year and although I’ve checked bearings and wotnot, a slightly less powerful spray would probably be beneficial. Can’t see anything obvious popping up – anyone found anything suitable, or is the Mucoff attachment compatible?

Does the nozzle included here do the job?
    https://www.craigmoreonline.co.uk/karcher-bike-cleaning-accessory-kit

DickBarton

The muc-off one has so little pressure with it – I haven’t found one anywhere else with such a low force, it is great. Saying that, with the larger sprayer on maximise spray width, I didn’t find that to be too strong either.
    I found the snow foamer more useful, but I am quite lazy when it comes to washing my bike…

asbrooks

Can you not just turn down the pressure? My Kaercher has a pressure knob, I can turn it all the way up and it will paint strip form most things. Turn it down and it’s fine for washing a bike. I would like the foaming attachment though.
    Personally, I think I should swap it for something I can run out of my car. I rarely ride from my back door being city bound.

chrismac

You can get a snow foam attachment for a karcher. Mine was £10-20. As they concentrate of choice and off you go

andybrad

Use a hose?

sturdylad
    Free Member

I struggle to see why anyone really needs a pressure washer to wash a bike.

My method is to give the bike a very liberal coating of muc-off silicone shine (I think that’s what it’s called but any similar spray would work) just before a ride.

It stops the dirt sticking and then a gentle hose down and the bike is pretty much perfectly clean.

Even if I forget or the the muck dry on, a bucket of soapy water, sponge and brush gets it done with almost zero risk to bearings etc.

YMMV

iainc

I bought the Mucoff one a few months back, on an impulse, but have never felt the need to use it, as against my normal method with hose and brushes.

jimmy

I struggle to see why anyone really needs a pressure washer to wash a bike.

Not “needed”, but I’ve had it for years and due to a house move had become easy to use. When my bike is caked in mud it’s just easy. Still need a brush and bucket to get it properly clean.

Can you not just turn down the pressure? My Kaercher has a pressure knob,

Think mine is just the basic one without a fancy knob. The wand part of the ‘gun’ can be detached, was hoping there would be an alternative wand for bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘That Mucoff power hose (Kaercher content)’ is closed to new replies.