• This topic has 309 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 30 posts - 281 through 310 (of 310 total)
  • Thanks for the work, Mods
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No one was asking you questions until you started closing this down. Ok, so we can take that discussion elsewhere, but what then are we allowed to discuss here?

Jamie
    Free Member

Cougar has a point.

Cougar

Anything else.

bearnecessities

I’m getting a point.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m getting a pint.

Cougar

(-:

tjagain

Charlie – you sound rather like I used to in a previous life – and take it from me thats not good.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Reported!

tjagain

😆

dannyh
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

Can someone please summarise the ‘events of last night and today’ as a haiku? Ta.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gonna screw your mom
    Yeah? Medical insurance?
    Rapey banhammer.

km79
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Given that it’s been over an hour and clearly no one wants to discuss anything else, can we go back to our conversation?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Superb DD

perchypanther
    Free Member

I love a haiku and was going to give it a go, but there’s no way i can top that.
    Bravo!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

This has been the best thread ever.

It reminds me of the great Tritalk.co.uk forum meltdown of 2006.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyway. I think the mods do a good job & I thank them for doing it.
    I’ve only ever reported one post since I came on here (& that was pre hack) which was the one where someone said I apparently had some drugs up me bum, which I found derogatory & offensive. (it’s really hard to offend me) The post was withdrawn immediately.
    Thanks again mods.

Cougar

Given that it’s been over an hour and clearly no one wants to discuss anything else, can we go back to our conversation?

I’m terribly sorry, I had to eat.

Yes you can, start a thread.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Typical, I don’t visit the forum for two or three days and miss all the fun – and I can’t be ar, sorry, bothered to read all this either. I think I get the gist of it.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Props to DD, solid summation, end of thread.
    Be a brave mod that closes this one however.

CountZero

Drac – I knew that and its a term for Chinese food no longer considered polite to say.

Funny how these things change, it was common usage in a girlfriends household, often during discussions about whether there was going to be Chinese food or a curry, or something else entirely. She’s half Chinese, her mum is full ethnic Chinese from Singapore. We were once rather late to a friend’s wedding reception, another friend, as wee walked in, said, “where did you get to, stop off for a chinky?” Being somewhat flustered at being the last there, neither of us really registered what he’d said, we just stood there, as he then started to try to backtrack in a rather embarrassed fashion. At which point Kim just burst out laughing at his discomfort. The interpretation being we’d stopped for sex!
    I guess maybe it’s an internal thing, like black folks using the ‘n’-word, and gays using ‘queer’, perhaps?
    I dunno, I haven’t had a long chat with Kim for ages, next time I do I’ll try to remember to ask her how she and her family view the use of the term nowadays.
    Right, as you were, carry on.
    😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

Why would you be offended by accusations of recreational rectal hide and seek? In as much as, why would you take that seriously?
    Genuinely interested

aracer
    Free Member

Is this something you want to admit in public?

wilburt
    Free Member

Well done to everyone for keeping this going so long.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Hell yeah!
    If someone accused me of the same I’d probably feel smugly adventurous.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why would you be offended by accusations of recreational rectal hide and seek?

Its not the ‘accusation’ (why would you frame it as an accusation?) it’s the use of the term which is loaded. Poo pusher and similar phrases have long been used as terms of abuse.

bearnecessities

FFS!

jambourgie
    Free Member

😆

Drac

And with that.

Thanks for the praise and other feedback but this thread has reached critical mass.

Viewing 30 posts - 281 through 310 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘Thanks for the work, Mods’ is closed to new replies.