Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Tesco
  • aP
    Free Member

Well, that's fine then, looks like you're getting what you want.
    Some of prefer shops where you deal with the people who have a vested interest in making their business work.

GEDA
    Free Member

I think the problem with supermarkets is not that they are cheap it is that they lead us further down the road of our lives being controlled by large corporations. They are cheap due to the fact that they screw suppliers and operate as a monopoly. They have too much control now to be private enterprises and should be owned by the people and run in a sustainable and fair way that is good for the benefit of the economy and the environment. How they work at the moment is totally unfair for any meaningful competition.

uplink
    Free Member

or the extra slice of meat they always slip in on the deli and that I know is policy

That bit's lost me – what you on about?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

or the extra slice of meat they always slip in on the deli and that I know is policy
    That bit's lost me – what you on about?

I assume it is when you ask for, say, half a pound of ham and they slice it and say 'it's just over, is that okay?' thereby getting their evil paws on more of your money and feeding your insatiable salt-lust until you no longer have the will to say 'no thanks, I'll have one less slice', you eventually hand over your passport and bank account details and their chief executive comes round your house every morning to bang one up the wrong 'un as he wrings his hands in the joy that their monopoly has destroyed all competition and sees that they are almost at the point of ambivalence about healthy eating, that they can feed the nation on crisps and pop, fat junkies begging them to feed them more, no matter what the price.

Or maybe I misunderstand?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

No I mean when you say two slices of ham please they always slip three in and you don't realise until you get home
    Know from a former employee they were told to do this

Don't worry if they say its just over, is that ok
    no it bloody well isn't

grumm
    Free Member

Love em or hate um If it was not for the super markets prices would be very much higher and everywhere would be closed by 430 and mostly closed at weekends And you would all be moaning on here about gready little shop owners

I don't think many people are complaining that supermarkets shouldn't exist at all, just that they have far too much power already and it's increasing all the time.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

no it bloody well isn't

Get some balls and say 'no thanks, one slice less will do.'

Is it that hard to do? And are no independent delis guilty of doing exactly the same?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

you don't realise until you get home

Get some glasses then you won't write a load of old balls, is reading properly that hard to do.

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Tesco’ is closed to new replies.