Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Terminator Genisys – a question (spoiler if you haven't seen it)
  • DickBarton

Thought it was a great film but, how did the ‘new’ John Connor manage to travel back in time? His metal should have been stripped apart…
    In fact, how did any of the Terminators time travel as well?
    I know, I know…made up story but I prefer all the dots connected…

RobHilton
    Free Member

how did any of the Terminators time travel

I believe “living tissue over metal endoskeleton” is the excuse?

Haven’t seen it (yet), but I’m pretty sure any time travel story has holes in it.

DickBarton

Ok…flimsy but that’ll probably do it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, it’s living tissue over metal, which allows them to time travel and explains at 60 year old looking terminator.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Kyle Reese explains it in the original, only living tissue will go through hence why they come back in the alltogether and have to find weapons once they get here

But then again it’s not a documentary

P-Jay
    Free Member

Exactly, it’s lucky for humanity that the Terminators didn’t look at the big voids in the exoskeletons and think – hmmm, could sneak a Plasma Rifle in there.

DickBarton

I’m aware it is made up so doesn’t have to make sense or anything but…living tissue over metal is ok? If so, why did it do what it did at the end of the film?

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I wish I could travel back in time, I’d certainly give that a swerve……..not impressed!

honeybadgerx

The bit I didn’t get was when they found out when the terminator had been sent back to, they set it to the same time, surely you’d give yourself at least a day’s head start?!

DezB
    Free Member

12 year old’s review: “that was stupid”
    Can’t help but agree.

Why do they always fight? like overblown playground scraps? they’re supposed to be Terminators!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be a hollywood film without everything being resolved with a big punch up.

epicyclo

The first Terminator, I figured the evil software company behind Skynet was Microsoft.

This time it’s obviously Apple. Aren’t they still playing around with that Liquid Metal? Will all those LM little reset pins lying around in our drawers suddenly coalesce into a Terminator one day? Judgement Day may not be far off… 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Where was the living tissue on the T1000?

Solo
    Free Member

Living tissue? Um, yeah, got that, up to T2 where bad terminator doesn’t have skin/living tissue covering a hyper alloy combat chassis. As the naughty terminator is “liquid metal”.

Holes galore!

Edit: wiswyg beat me to it!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I read this thread last night and that was my first thought. T2 the terminator was 100% metal.

DezB
    Free Member

What I didn’t get (apart from it being the worst Terminator film), was Sarah and Kyle begat John Connor who is like a 13 year old kid in T2, which is set in the er 90s? But then in Genisysys they are togeva in 2017 ready to produce John…
    They’ve distructo’ed Skynet and the Joe 90 style time travelling device…

nickc

So I saw the trailer with my 13 year old daughter a few weeks ago, and her first comment was “Haven’t they just given away the plot?”

Yes, yes they have.

martinhutch

This time it’s obviously Apple. Aren’t they still playing around with that Liquid Metal? Will all those LM little reset pins lying around in our drawers suddenly coalesce into a Terminator one day? Judgement Day may not be far off…

Nah, it’s Microsoft. Their original prototype went a bit wrong though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Terminator Genisys – a question (spoiler if you haven't seen it)’ is closed to new replies.