Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Terminal bangernomics – Help me buy a new car
  • jpal
    Free Member

I’m going to suggest a Suzki SX4.

It was on my shortlist of used cars, but I got a ’08 Citroen Berlingo at a good price instead…and I really like it!

franksinatra

Quick update on this.

Happy with the i10, drive nicely, quiet for a small car. In car computer told me I did 65mpg on a steady A road round trip recently.

Cinch though, what a absolute shower of piss they are. Perfect customer service up until the point of delivery then they are woeful. Some minor cosmetic damage and an overly worn tyre have taken 4 weeks, about 20 emails and hour after hour on hold to get sorted. They wanted to give me £85 to replace a worn tyre, despite the tyres being quite good/expensive Continentals. They didn’t want to pay to get tracking checked despite one front tyre being illegal, and the other looking brand new. Minor scratch and alloy wheel damage – they wanted a technician nearly two hours drive away to repair it, when he couldn’t I had to source my own quote which they then ignored. They tell you one thing on the phone then deny saying it. Final straw was when I spent 30mins on hold and, when they answered, I could hear all the other call handlers laughing and joking about Beyonce, I had been on hold whilst they were chatting away to each other!

Its all sorted now but I would not ever use them again.

matt_outandabout

Cinch though, what a absolute shower of piss they are.

Whereas I’m potting round in my new Whip from Cinch, who delivered a better than expected car.
    They also bumped us up a delivery schedule as mrs_oab was given a last minute hospital appointment.
    When mrs_oab called to question a cracked tyre (I do have to question PDI…) agreed to just give us £100 towards replacement with one phone call. It was a while on hold to be fair, maybe 20mins.
    They are a cut above Arnold Shark who we have used before..

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are a cut above Arnold Shark who we have used before..

That’s a very low bar really.

Although could have been worse. Could have been “carz”

matt_outandabout

That’s a very low bar really.

Fair point. Well made.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.