• This topic has 27 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mt.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Tamil protest in London, double standards
  • jova54
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8008044.stm

I’m happy for people to protest at our parliament. I just get the feeling that if this was an English/British protest then the police would be in full riot gear and beating the sh1t out of anyone within 1km of Westminster.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Racist shite my friend. I think given what happened at the G20 the police will be going softly softly on anyone ATM. the countryside alliance marches / protests got light touch policing as well.

BTW English and British are not synonyms.

Double fail

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get back under your bridge!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I agree. It’s cause they is black.

It’s a well know fact that the British police hate white people. That’s why they gave them hell at the G20 protests.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me or him?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

YOU ………. causing trouble by suggesting the English aren’t British.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GG – you call me a troublemnaker 😯 After your posting these past couple of days.

Pffft

*flounces out of thread*

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Who …. me ? 🙄

Flaperon

countryside alliance marches / protests got light touch policing as well.

Clearly, you never saw the pictures.

aP
    Free Member

Do you think that there’s a Mason’s baton waggle which allows those at either end to acknowledge each other?

jova54
    Free Member

TJ – these protests have been going on since before G20 and causing unplanned disruption around Westminster. I know you’re not affected being in the comfort of Scotland but it matters down here.

They don’t have a permit to protest in parliament square as there is supposed to be an exclusion zone around the area.

So, how have they managed to get special dispensation?

I’m not suggesting that the police should use G20 tactics but the Met police are so pc and politicised they can’t make proportionate decisions any longer.

Oh, and you’re wrong about the CSA protests/marches.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

So, how have they managed to get special dispensation?

Is it because they are protesting against another government and not this one ?

Maybe you don’t need a permit if the government which are protesting against, is more than five thousand miles away.

jova54
    Free Member

Perhaps GG, but I doubt it.

The government they are protesting about is actively supported by our shower.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ you need some perspective dude.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jova – I totally disagree with your interpretation of events and your conclusions

grizzlygus
    Free Member

TJ you need some perspective dude.

I agree ……… ‘some perspective’ is needed.

So we’ve got it down to the police now only attacking ‘white British’ people. That can only be a good thing and a step in the right direction, surely ?

Because I can remember a time when they weren’t much fussed about who they attacked.

jova54
    Free Member

Fine TJ, that’s your prerogative in a free democratic society.

Make the most of it while we still have one.

El-bent
    Free Member

The police have been a little more forthright during the previous protests. Apart from some scuffles when the Police tried to remove Tamil Tiger flags, it has been largely peaceful.

Its how the Police determine what kind of protest its going to be, they were certainly expecting trouble and were “up for it” at the G20, which would explain some of the individual actions and it looks like they are being a bit more low key at this protest.

scraprider
    Free Member

more tear gas imo , that had the potential to go pear shape very quickly from what seen on the news, then were would we be , all that shouting and arm waving , pushing , 1 rule imo , if its not peacful your gonna get a baton round the legs , simples.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

then were would we be , all that shouting and arm waving

We’d have a crowd shouting and waving their arms ?

Have I won a prize ?

scraprider
    Free Member

be interesting watching some from here do crowd control.

enfht
    Free Member

Maybe the fuzz are worried that the protesters will do something really stupid like setting themselves alight infront of the world’s media. They seem so passionate and determined and have armfuls of kids amongst them. Some have already thrown themselves in the Thames and others are on hunger strike. Bad intelligence and probably some bad policing decisions brought about a very tricky situation.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

be interesting watching some from here do crowd control.

Might also be ‘interesting’ to watch some from here trying to put a fire out, or teaching a class, or repairing a faulty boiler, or saving someones life in an A&E Dept…….. what exactly is your point caller ?

And whilst we’re on the subject of ‘what’s interesting’, I found the fact that someone actually posted a thread on here to complain that protesters weren’t being beaten up by the police, utterly fascinating 😯

Quote : “I just get the feeling that if this was an English/British protest then the police would be in full riot gear and beating the sh1t out of anyone”

So presumably he’d be feeling a whole lot better, if he could see the police wading in and beating the crap out of the protesters.

Truly fascinating …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    countryside alliance marches / protests got light touch policing as well.

Clearly, you never saw the pictures.

I was there. No need to see the pictures. It was light touch, and very effective. From BOTH sides.

jova54
    Free Member

From GG,

And whilst we’re on the subject of ‘what’s interesting’, I found the fact that someone actually posted a thread on here to complain that protesters weren’t being beaten up by the police, utterly fascinating

Quote : “I just get the feeling that if this was an English/British protest then the police would be in full riot gear and beating the sh1t out of anyone”

So presumably he’d be feeling a whole lot better, if he could see the police wading in and beating the crap out of the protesters.

Truly fascinating …

GG, Is that what I said or is that what you hoped I said so you could derive a specious argument from it?!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Maybe double standards compared to recent events, but isn’t that how it Should be handled?

The few police in the video did a very good job holding back the crowd and showed excellent restraint. I think I would have cs’d them myself.
    Some members of the crowd also seemed to be trying to help and calm things.

konabunny
    Free Member

Maybe you don’t need a permit if the government which are protesting against, is more than five thousand miles away.

No, that’s completely wrong. The purpose of the exclusion zone is exclude all demonstrations about anything no matter how small.

However, IIRC, it is only effective at certain times of year, mostly when Parliament is in session. Perhaps this was one of the off days.

mt
    Free Member

Interesting what has happened here with protest. A person could presume that if protest against things that our goverment do or have done is strictly controlled due to possible trouble but a protest against some issue that is nothing to do wiuth our goverment is not strictly controlled. Now I don’t know about you but I’m getting a bit fed up with all these so called protests but am getting really really p..ssed of with the right not to have a protest. Not being able to read the names of the soldiers killed in Iraq in parliment square, as if this was a threat to national security, more like the threats to national consiousness. What a totally knackered country we now have.

On the matter of countryside alliance marches/protest, it was not so pleasant at times and a number of official complaints were made against the met, all proved to be groundless (of course). The claim was made that 60 bobbies were injured on the same march but there was no medical treatment of any of them. Funny that, wonder how many injured police there will be once the G20 smear to clear the police campaign kicks in.

Sorry for the rant but am getting a bit sick of all the lies.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Tamil protest in London, double standards’ is closed to new replies.