Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Talk to me about WTB tyres
  • dobo
    Free Member

Can you use normal folding wtb tyres tubeless using some wheel milk and ust rims?
    Wtb tyres any good? Anyone recommend any wtb tyres, for xc purposes? wet or dry?

Biffer
    Free Member

I’ve been running soemm Mutano Raptors on my XC bike. They are light and roll really well on hard park dry stuff. Not sure about the wet but I think they awere ok as long as it didn’t get too muddy.
    I like the DNA rubber in general, seems pretty good for traction but donesn’t wear too quickly.

No idea about the tubeless question but I’m interested as I was thinking of putting a WTB Timberwolf on the back of my bike this afternoon and try it tubeless !

dobo
    Free Member

thanks biffer, i’m really interested to hear about peoples experiences of running them tubeless too, theres some good prices on them out there

Biffer
    Free Member

Right – my plan this afternoon once I’ve finished my DIY to try this Timberwolf tyre and see if it will seal OK.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

WTB Moto Raptors are the best tyres I have EVER used (in the past 20 years)

MrNutt
    Free Member

let me know how you get on with the timberwolfs as I’ve got a nearly new set sat here doing nowt!

Biffer
    Free Member

Well – just tried to mount the Timberwolf (2.3) on my 5.1 rims. I got it to seal reasonably well on the first attempt. It was leaking slightly from a couple of places but couldn’t see anything coming through the sidewalls.
    I thought I would take it off and try a second attempt.

It was then that my compressor went bang 🙁

Guess I’ll fix the compressor and have another go !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about WTB tyres’ is closed to new replies.