Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Talk me out of buying….
  • allanoleary
    Free Member

…. an Xbox Series S. I’m so tempted partly because SSX is available on Gamepass Ultimate. I need a verbal/written slap to come to my senses.

Drac

Don’t do it. Get a PS5

scuttler

Series S + Gamepass Ultimate is the nuts but you’ll run out space pretty quick

allanoleary
    Free Member

Don’t do it. Get a PS5

That’s more money… and I already have a PS4 I bought last spring

rossco832

Oh great now I want an Xbox I loved SSX

johnners
    Free Member

I don’t know what SSX is and I’m not going to look it up in case it looks good.

allanoleary
    Free Member

@rossco832 sorry not sorry

Drac

That’s more money… and I already have a PS4 I bought last spring

Sell you PS4 that’ll cover the price difference.

finbar
    Free Member

Microshaft anything? No thanks :p

Cougar

Microshaft anything?

Does it run Internet Exploder for Windoze too?

finbar
    Free Member

@Cougar 😀

The OP did say to talk him out of it

johnners
    Free Member

tbh Internet Exploder sounds like it would be excellent.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Yes get an Xbox but don’t waste your time playing SSX when there are far better games like Steep. Steep’s menu and user interface are quite annoying but it redeems that by having 3 fully open worlds to explore. Also you can do far more winter sports on Steep than SSX.

allanoleary
    Free Member

Well you lot aren’t much use…. I’ve got the Xbox, setting it up now. Also ordered a 2Tb hard drive (same one I have for the PS4) and rechargeable battery packs.

@captainclunkz
    I have Steep for the PS4. I’ll have to try to get into it more I think as I wasn’t impressed with the 30 minutes I spent on it

Cougar

Also ordered a 2Tb hard drive (same one I have for the PS4) and rechargeable battery packs.

Point of note here, you can only use spinnydisc external storage for regular Xbox One games. Xbox Series S/X titles must be on either internal storage or Microsoft’s NVME expansion.

(And I really wish they’d chosen a less stupid naming convention for the new consoles.)

allanoleary
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Great choice although I had the S but never opened as was concerned about how many next gen games I could have on drive which I initially thought was too small. Luckily was able to get an X a few days later and I absolutely love it but the best thing by far is Game Pass Ultimate. I have found it so good and the choice excellent especially with EA play I would be surprised If I ever buy a game again.

If I had a choice again I would get the S my concerns regarding drive space is certainly not an issue on X currently 8 games saved on drive inc 4 x next gen and still 372gb left. I did briefly consider the PS5 Digital but the size and the fact it does not have Game Pass I could not give it serious consideration.

woody2000

If you do buy an xbox, make sure you do the gold to game pass upgrade. I bought 3 years of live gold at £39 a year then converted that to game pass ultimate for £1. 3 years of cheap gaming for the kids 🙂

allanoleary
    Free Member

Jaysus! Started downloading Halo:Master Chief Collection. Didn’t realise it was 121Gb for the first part. Looks like I’ll be playing that tomorrow then

CountZero

Didn’t realise it was 121Gb for the first part.

😳

chainbreaker
    Free Member

I’m in the same situation, but I think I’m going to wait a few months until the summer when people/families are too preoccupied with booking staycations and are out and about in the summer months.

Hopefully the stock craze dies down a bit by then and I can make my attempt to get a Xbox Series X or even a PS5, can’t be bothered staying up all night to try and pick one up from stock drops that only lasts a minute or two if you’re lucky at the moment.

toemul
    Free Member

Cus you arnt 12 and must have somthing better to do.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I’m definitely committed now. Ordered a wireless headset and an expansion SSD as the Halo collection was going to take up soooooo much space. Shame I couldn’t use a decent spinny drive like I can on the PS4.

allanoleary
    Free Member

So…. Halo collection and Forza 4 Horizon downloaded (Forza graphics are awesome even in standard HD). What other games are Xbox owners finding addictive?

Cougar

Would this be the point I pimp out Life is Strange again?

Cus you arnt 12 and must have somthing better to do.

Like undertake a typing course perhaps?

marcg868
    Free Member

You can use a external drive to store series X games and play Xbox one games. Just series S/X games needs transferring to internal when you want to play them.
    Takes 5-10 minutes to copy them across.
    I have a 4tb one for game storage on the Series S. Works perfectly well.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Talk me out of buying….’ is closed to new replies.