Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tablets – what to look for & any reason not to get Lenovo Yoga?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello, I have been given a nice gift voucher for Currys PC World and I am thinking of a tablet to
    surf the net
    videos/films/iplayer
    books
    Soptify
    emails

Currently have a MotoG 4g phone and am quite happy with it and android so what do I look for and is that Lenovo any good?

Thinking of a 10 inch screen so would like a nice screen and sound

kimbers

got a lenovo thinkpad s1000 and its been great for all that stuff

vondally
    Free Member

just seen this as well???

LENOVO TAB S8 8″ Tablet – 16 GB, Black

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the smaller Yoga tablet. I was originally put off by the cylinder down one side design but they were offering them so cheap I thought it was worth a punt. I use it mainly for watching “how to” videos on You Tube whilst doing the job and find the kick stand part ideal for it. The cylinder design is to house a bigger battery which gives a great life between charges and it is surprisingly natural to hold in your hand. The alloy body is very nice and tough too. Mine has been accidentally dropped a couple of times with no adverse results.
    It’s not the fastest machine when you look at the specs but I’ve never found lacking either in anything it does. You probably already know that you can add a micro SD card so storage isn’t a problem.
    No issues listening to music either and much better than my iPad air

CraigW
    Free Member

My mum recently got a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 (10 inch). Seems quite nice. It is heavier than others, but that’s because it has a bigger battery. But wouldn’t want to use it handheld too much, could get tiring. The built in stand is handy, and the cylinder bit is OK to hold.

Works fine for all the usual stuff, web browsing, email, watching Iplayer etc, the screen is pretty decent.

The upgrade to Lollipop is available, have installed that, works fine. As standard it includes a Lenovo launcher, which seems a bit rubbish, so I’ve replaced that with the Google Now launcher.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

LENOVO TAB S8 8″ Tablet – 16 GB, Black

You’re a couple of weeks too late. The had £30 cashback on them a while back. John Lewis is the cheapest at £99.

It’s ok. Screen isn’t great. It’s a rocket ship compared to my Moto G (slowest phone in the world). It’s not got Lollipop yet, despite the Lenovo site saying July for the update.

vondally
    Free Member

Anything else I should be looking at….have a think pad for work they are very good……..do not want a iPad

Xylene
    Free Member

surface or surfce pro 3

vondally
    Free Member

Anything else I should be looking at….have a think pad for work they are very good……..do not want a iPad

brooess
    Free Member

I’m very happy with my Lenovo ThinkPad PC – build quality good. Assume the tablets are the same…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tablets – what to look for & any reason not to get Lenovo Yoga?’ is closed to new replies.