Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Swinley Forest Enduro
  • acidtest
    Free Member

Yeah should be running fast and not too dusty 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Can’t wait

MarkyG82

Does anyone know if we have time to practice on Sunday? The start times in the rider pack suggest we don’t.

mattbee

Looks very much like we’ll be doing it live.
    I reckon that’s a good thing as it takes away some of the local knowledge advantage, no one will know exactly what has been taped until they ride it.

MarkyG82

True. I could do with retaining my energy too.

acidtest
    Free Member

Common sense, but as there’s no practice make sure you have a good warm up before taking on the first stage. I’m guessing that the first stage will be furthest away from the car park so that could be enough of a warm up anyway.

Good luck everyone!

kimbers

well that was mint

some bastard climbs in there, good flowy bits and jumpy photo ops
    thought my 21:12 time was good till I saw the qecp boys times, well done scotfitz!

great day by the bikehub guys and the hog roast was delicious, but portions needed to be greedy kimbers sized

oh and that 120mm Aeris looks really good in the flesh

superfli
    Free Member

Great riding kimbers! That’s the best result for you in some time isn’t it? Shame we didn’t catch up with you at end.
    Lots of tight but flowy trails. Needed sharp acceleration! Wish my bike was a little lighter for this sort of thing! Well organised and well taped, plus a good selection of trails and well used for the lack of height. 7 stages as well, not usual to get that many in a day.

kimbers

my best result since b4 the twins came along!
    had to embrace nightriding- the only way im getting out, realised after southern round I did a couple of months ago that my fitness has gone through the floor, with all this baby weight Ive put on
    http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/2016/SwinleyEnduro/

mattbee

I came 19th in Open, really happy with that. My stage times were rather inconsistent & I lost most on the shorter stages but considering that I didn’t know any of them I’m quite pleased. Had an over the bars crash on the steep right hander at the top of S6, banged my knee a bit which made the rest of it fun. So much pedalling!

divenwob
    Free Member

I had the pleasure of being exit Marshall on S2, good fun and went well.

acidtest
    Free Member

Yeah that was good fun and knew a few bits of the course. Got a cold so not 100% and managed 21:19 with one crash near the end of stage 2. Had a close call at the top of stage 6 and kind of crashed but didn’t come off. All things considered I found it well organised and had a really chilled atmosphere. Looking forward to the next one.

Here’s someone having a bad day at the top of the drop off on stage 3…

Hope he’s ok!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Well I really enjoyed that and my best results ever according to roots and rain. It’s great to have a buzz around the local enduro scene. If you haven’t already check out the peddle hounds Enduro info on moredirt.com

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Enduro’ is closed to new replies.