Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Surround sound speakers
  • Digimap
    Free Member

OK, so I’ve got the floors up upstairs and it seems a good time to whack some in-ceiling speakers into the lounge downstairs. Is this still the way to go for home theatre or are there alternatives? Budget is about £250 for the fronts and rears so was thinking Kef CI100QR, center will be under the telly and subwoofer somewhere else. Plus any advice on cable quality, don’t want to overspec it but don’t want to underspec either as it will be inaccessible once the floors are back down.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Can you not have proper speakers for the fronts? You’ll not get an especially good result from ceiling mounted speakers, but this matters a lot less for the rears. I had some mission dipoles for a while which were only a bit more obtrusive than ceiling mount, they were ok. Don’t fuss too much about cable.

Digimap
    Free Member

Thanks rich, trying to tuck it all away a bit and not sure I can swing free standing front speakers. In a previous house we wired into the walls and had small satellites mounted high on the wall, sounded good but a lot of work. I think I need to go and listen to some.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Surround sound speakers’ is closed to new replies.