Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Surprisingly enjoyable ‘popcorn’ films
  • martinhutch

Even Stallone’s Dredd is reasonably watchable, despite the idiots letting him take his helmet off and having a ‘comedy sidekick’. Stallone has the best Dredd chin!

It made a decent stab at the ‘Cursed Earth’/Angel Gang stuff.

jwt
    Free Member

Saving Grace
    Brenda Blethyn grows a cash crop to pay for the upkeep of her country house after her husband dies.

welshfarmer

Saving Grace… there’s a blast from the past. Good shout.

Not sure if Chalet Girl has been mentioned yet.? Or 10 things I hate about you?

Actually, I think it is just the female leads in those films that do it for me lol

Klunk
    Free Member

Even Stallone’s Dredd is reasonably watchable, despite the idiots letting him take his helmet off and having a ‘comedy sidekick’. Stallone has the best Dredd chin!

It made a decent stab at the ‘Cursed Earth’/Angel Gang stuff.

the Art direction was absolutely superb.

ElShalimo

It also starred Diane Lane who made my younger self go weak at the knees

Cougar

It also starred Diane Lane who made my younger self go weak at the knees

Oh, well, if that’s the criterion, Weird Science.

I’d also add my vote for the new Roadhouse plus the Transporter films, Blade, Bring It On, Pitch Perfect.

Bring It On is a great film and this is a hill I will choose to die on.  And not only because of the previous requirement.

johndoh
    Free Member

*Oh, well, if that’s the criterion*
    Railway Children (I was her age in the film when I fell in love with Bobby/Jenny, I wasn’t some weird adult).

Then of course any other film that starred Jenny as an adult.

gravedigger
    Free Member

gravedigger
    Free Member

oomidamon

The Meg fell into this category for me, so I watched The Meg 2 the other evening and it is a huge steaming pile of shark shite. Avoid!

Drac

Bullet Train has just hit Netflix.  As well as looking gorgeous with some fabulous characters it has a great script and action scenes.

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ Yeah, I am planning on watching it this weekend (and I have just added a sub-speaker to my sound set-up so it’ll be fun with the volume turned right up) 🙂

stumpy01

Bad Boys

The Expendables

The Punisher (from 2004)

martinhutch

a huge steaming pile of shark shite

Shark shite is apparently like dust, so is unlikely to either steam or form structurally-sound piles.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.