Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • super fast frozen trail high speed fun times last night
  • Overshoot
    Free Member

first night ride of the year, -5C was worth is for the summer like speed over the frozen clag. Around Knowl Hill in Berks. Here are a few pics:

Untitled by lwwalton, on Flickr

althepal

That first one is a cracking pic..

blades2000
    Free Member

Nice pictures.

pickle
    Free Member

cool pictures! looks like a blast.

robbo
    Free Member

Love the Reading glow in the first pic.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How did you get the rider lit up in the first pic? Was it just a light left on the ground?

mattjg
    Free Member

Same in Surrey – no dust, no clag, no wet puddles, everything frozzed. Fast ride, pint by a warm fire, home with a clean bike. Brilliant. Better than summer.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nice!

+1 for the brilliant first pic.

Overshoot
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments. The rider was lit in the first one by a flash that was held me lying down, manually activated as the rider went past. Going to have another go on a moonless night to try and get a bit more clarity in the sky. I was hoping to avoid the Reading glow by aiming north but it does tend to bleed in over 2minutes!

I would be so bold to say that last night was the fastest the trails ever can be, and probably the most grip too with no dust. You do have to watch out for deer locally though – I didn’t see the deer that run in front of my front wheel on a 25mph descent. I must have been focusing 30m or so ahead – had no idea the deer ran in front, but I was reliably informed I was a metre from hitting it! Im sure i would have enjoyed the venison after removing the gravel from my face.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘super fast frozen trail high speed fun times last night’ is closed to new replies.