Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 484 total)
  • Summer rugby thread
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bugger same old slow starting problems and to many errors, beaten fair and square

Agreed. Also agreed re Priestland. He had a shocker. Should have taken Dan Biggar…..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

England two tries down now. Wish i could see this game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and TJ’s two links from earlier page both show up as “malicious” on my AV. Just in case….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Both work – I use them all the time. Watching one now

Loads of pop ups and stuff tho#. good medicine is useful

muddydwarf
    Free Member

16-9 to S.A. England only holding on due to penalties. If Steyn could kick his goals S.A. would be out of sight.

EDIT: 16-12 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Typical – Engand wait til the 80th minute to decide to score a try!!

anagallis_arvensis

So AA – thats Scotland proven to be a better team than Wales then?

must be

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Scotland 1 – Wales/Ireland/England 0

Have to say, can’t fault TJ’s logic as far as it goes! 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup -its official Scotland are the best of the home nations now. *smug face*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a TJ FACT! It’s OFFICIAL!

No point in arguing with that, is there? 😉

transapp
    Free Member

As much as I respect Farrells kicking, he’s simply not a running fly half. You can’t defend your way to international wins as per Saracens! He wasn’t even first choice fly half at age group level, he shouldn’t be starting ahead of Flood! With a decent fly half in there, Manu / Barritt are suddenly going to look a lot better as they’ll be getting the ball in space and able to come in on it at pace.
    Need to shore up that scrum as well – Marler was way out his zone!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

can’t argue with facts.

England were rather stodgy were they not – great stuff from the forwards in the first half disrupting and stealing ball but the backs did little with it. Needs creativity. What happened to Farrell? Seemed to disappear for long periods apart from getting into fights with forwards.

Barrit / tualagi is just not working. to much beef not enough champagne

transapp
    Free Member

Agree with that TJ. There are other good English centres (although I’d need to google the squad to see if they are in SA) who would work better.
    Actually, farrell might be better in the centre (which is where he plays a lot for his club)

Scamper
    Free Member

The obvious problems with England’s backs during the 6 nations which to some extent have been ignored due to the teams relative success will now become more of a talking point. Farrel has not always been first choice ten at his club.

To be fair, England’s defence was not bad, but the physicality of the boks was impressive, if predictable. They really fancied it, and on another day would have scored 3 more tries.

wrecker
    Free Member

5 point game was about right.
    Barritt, parling, Farrell, youngs, Johnson not good enough by today’s example. Doran jones completely out of his depth.
    England need a slippery inside centre, a fly half who has an attack setting and a SH with some flair. The forwards don’t have enough menace, they need an archetypal English 2nd row in the team.

anagallis_arvensis

How was Botha? Always seems to be very busy doing nothing to me whilst Parling is ok. Need a big ugly fecker to go with Parling imo. And I reckon Flood is the player you need at ten.

anagallis_arvensis

So mr visser is playing for scotland v fiji, good luck to him excellent player.

wrecker
    Free Member

Botha had a good game, parling largely anonymous. Im not sure who the right player at 10 is but I do know it’s not Farrell. Youngs was even worse.
    Barritt injured for saturday, which is good news for the team, could force SL into trying something which works.

anagallis_arvensis

Flood at ten for england, Ryan Jones, Rees, AW Jones and intrestingly Beck in for Wales. Like the look of Beck always reminds me of Will Greenwood.

In other news this is **** hillarious
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18440208

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdn8Adt7P8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I suppose he’d be a good mule for all the kit bags AA 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

So mr visser is playing for scotland v fiji, good luck to him excellent player.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Lets hope he can replicate his club form for Scotland

transapp
    Free Member

What a frikin donkey! Anyone else could have scored that, frankly, someone Shane’s size should have been able to bulldoze over given that angle! He’s not fast, can’t step, poor tackle and get knocked down to easily. Can you tell I rate him?

In other news, better team from England, still not sold on strettle, but otherwise if Manu can pass, I reckon they’ll be ok to watch. They’ve got to try something different as they can’t take the boks physically.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ryan Jones, Rees, AW Jones and intrestingly Beck in for Wales. Like the look of Beck always reminds me of Will Greenwood.

Beck’s form for Ospreylia recently has been nothing short of excellent. Nice comparison to WG there as well. Agreed.

OK, so he didn’t have too much to do here, but this is some truly lovely rugby;

transapp
    Free Member

And +1 for Visser

BruceWee

Aye, I can’t wait to see Visser. I’m not sure if I’m going to get up at 3 in the morning to watch the game online or avoid all social and online contact so I can watch the repeat in the pub in the afternoon.

Kryton57

Better England team, but with JJ in at 13 Manu needs to pass. LAncaster picked a team to score IMO, but 13/11/14 and 15 have got to be prepared to run in support of the offload.

Agree with the Parling comments, need someone to get amongst them. Johnson is quick but the Bok’s are nullyfing him in the tackle with size.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone know. If I can get the Scotland game on the tv or net live ?

Bear
    Free Member

Saw JJ live a couple of times and he was impressive both times. His old coach rates him very highly said has best feet he’s seen.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well done Visser things have to be dire in Scotsish rugby if they have to rely on the Dutch for good players 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ireland playing out of their skins!! Come on!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great stuff from Ireland so far.

Come on!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Crap, a bit more composure needed

BlindMelon
    Free Member

DOC on that’s at least 2 pens to NZ

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And ROG too, BM. 🙁 Game over, I fear…

😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Actually he’s getting the backs moving well- I’m a ROG fan though!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Just spilled my cereal

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did I ever mention that I’m about 1/16th Irish? 😉

COME ON IRELAND! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

NZ down to 14….

COME ON!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

That’s good enough CFH, just hope we can keep up the intensity, last few scrums have been huge

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘Summer rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM